A Travel Through Another World

Littleroot - 1
So, stop me if you have ever head of this joke before: Five Forum Users are looking at the same forum at the same time. Then, a hole in the Hyperspace open right under them and they fell through it to a new world filled with Magic, Adventures and Lethal Dangers!

...if the punchline you are thinking of is that they end in Worm or W40K, then you are a few threads wrong, I'm sorry. No, the five of them were just in the right(Wrong?) Place at the Right(Wrong?) Time. I mean, it was just the time when Arceus (Hail the Almighty One, He of a Thousand Hands, Creator of Everything) met with Hoopa, Palkia, Dialga, Lunala and Solgaleo to see if the dimensional barriers around the Pokemon World were fine. You know, after the whole problem with Alola and the Ultra Beasts...

Anyway. This time there was something wrong. So, five Unlucky (Lucky, if you ask me) people end falling down an hyperspace hole and landing... somewhere very far away.

Specifically, in Hoenn. Worse is, the Almighty one and the other five - that would be a nice name for a band - hadn't noticed them falling through. So, they'll need to attract a lot of attention. Shouting at the clouds isn't going to do a lot. Well, you know what it means: Pokemon Champion or Contest Champion, guys and gals and anyhting else!

Hope those poor souls have what they need. Well, I did meddle juuuuust a little bit.

Let's see what happens, shall we?

Mew signing off!

Five kids slowly woke up from their improptu nap. They were laying on the soft grass of a mountain clearing, surrounded by rustling trees. The overwhelming heat of the summer that they were feeling a few moments before vanished, replaced by a fresh sea breeze.

They could see, in fact, the sea, far in the distance, neat the horizon.

After a moment, they also noticed that they got deaged. And dressed in clothes that fit them.

Also got some new backpacks - obviously color coded with their favorite color - resting right to their side.

All of them also had a note taped on their forehead. An actual, paper and ductape, note. The writing on ti was both incredibly childish - all round letters and wide writings - and still incredibly readable.

Sorry for the mishap! Arceus had an Oopsie and you ended near Littleroot! But, hey, I worked something with Celebi and now you have a chance to go back to your world - if you want. Still you'll have to either win a lot of battles or win a lot of contests. You have the basics near you and your starter is in the bag. Remember to equip the belt with the pokeball!
Good luck with your pokemon journey!

And, in the place of a sign, there was a drawing of something that looked like a strange cat, all colored pink.

Sorry for the mishap! Arceus had an Oopsie and you ended near Littleroot! But, hey, I worked something with Celebi and now you have a chance to go back to your world - if you want. Still you'll have to either win a lot of battles or win a lot of contests. You have the basics near you and your starter is in the bag. Remember to equip the belt with the pokeball!

And, in the place of a sign, there was a drawing of something that looked like a strange cat, all colored pink.

"aw hell, couldn't it have at least been Sinnoh, would have at least given us an easier way to get the big guys' attention." Kirov groused, even as he picked up the new bag the fetal feline had so helpfully provided... Kos may have rubbed off on him a bit if his first thought was 'literally use the Red Chain to throw a proverbial brick through Arceus's window.' Digging out the Pokeball, Kirov grinned as he let out whatever pokemon was inside it, and was frankly surprised at the red eye and greyish-blue exterior that stared back at him. "Oh damn." He muttered as he wracked his brain for the names of AI's to name a Beldum after. SHODAN, GLaDOS, HAL, why did all the popular media AIS have to be homicidal? His mind did eventually settle on a slightly more obscure one without the negative connotations, however. "Does ZAX work for ya, little... dude, I guess?" what did he even use to refer to a genderless pokemon?

Rae
Littleroot Town

So, stop me if you have ever head of this joke before: Five Forum Users are looking at the same forum at the same time. Then, a hole in the Hyperspace open right under them and they fell through it to a new world filled with Magic, Adventures and Lethal Dangers!

...if the punchline you are thinking of is that they end in Worm or W40K, then you are a few threads wrong, I'm sorry. No, the five of them were just in the right(Wrong?) Place at the Right(Wrong?) Time. I mean, it was just the time when Arceus (Hail the Almighty One, He of a Thousand Hands, Creator of Everything) met with Hoopa, Palkia, Dialga, Lunala and Solgaleo to see if the dimensional barriers around the Pokemon World were fine. You know, after the whole problem with Alola and the Ultra Beasts...

Anyway. This time there was something wrong. So, five Unlucky (Lucky, if you ask me) people end falling down an hyperspace hole and landing... somewhere very far away.

Specifically, in Hoenn. Worse is, the Almighty one and the other five - that would be a nice name for a band - hadn't noticed them falling through. So, they'll need to attract a lot of attention. Shouting at the clouds isn't going to do a lot. Well, you know what it means: Pokemon Champion or Contest Champion, guys and gals and anyhting else!

Hope those poor souls have what they need. Well, I did meddle juuuuust a little bit.

Let's see what happens, shall we?

Mew signing off!

Five kids slowly woke up from their improptu nap. They were laying on the soft grass of a mountain clearing, surrounded by rustling trees. The overwhelming heat of the summer that they were feeling a few moments before vanished, replaced by a fresh sea breeze.

After a moment, they also noticed that they got deaged. And dressed in clothes that fit them.

Also got some new backpacks - obviously color coded with their favorite color - resting right to their side.

All of them also had a note taped on their forehead. An actual, paper and ductape, note. The writing on ti was both incredibly childish - all round letters and wide writings - and still incredibly readable.

My eyes blink, and then they blink again. Where am I? What is this place? How and why am I elsewhere instead of at home? The natural scenery around me is so beautiful… yet it feels incomplete without my family here to see it with me. Instead, all I see are people I don't know, though I find it odd that I see Taichi and Fae. Digimon and Fire Emblem? Really?

I feel… unfamiliar. Something about me seems off. The most immediate is something on my forehead, which I take off and examine. The object is stickier than expected, the reason of which reveals itself when I see the duct tape. The more important part, however, is the writing on it. Arceus? Littleroot? Celebi? Contests and battles? Pokemon? A drawing that I recognize as a Mew? Oh my god, Pokemon are real now? This is an actual Pokemon journey that I just got isekai'd into? It's so hard to believe, even though this all looks and feels so far from home.

Next, I notice from my peripheral vision that my hands are different. Lighter in complexion, smaller, more delicate. They feel smoother to the touch, too. Then I look down and see what I'm wearing… and what happened to me. I feel something big on my head, like a hat, and my hair feels different, heavier, like a long rope dangling down my back. And then this…

I feel oh so different, and as I lightly trace the shape of my figure and the feel of my altered clothes, I now know why. If Arceus was truly behind all this, then there is something I can be thankful to him for… because being female in body to match my identity is one I've been longing for. I look much smaller and younger, and the world around me looks bigger, but still, this feels nice…

My new attire, dress and skirt and leggings and all, is oh so colorful in shades of black, fuchsia and lavender, and I realize by examining atop my head that I have a pointy hat on me, a black and purple one like on a witch. Oddly enough, there's a cartoonish rendition on it, of what I recognize as Neptune's head, hairclips and all, that Neptunia protag. What's up with that? Looks cute though. And then there's my hair, so much longer, light purple in color, and all of it elegantly braided, tied off with a pink bow. It reminds me of the hairstyle of another Neptunia character, Plutia, which is not helped by the Nep-style witch hat. I like them, though. I get to be cute now.

"aw hell, couldn't it have at least been Sinnoh, would have at least given us an easier way to get the big guys' attention." Kirov groused, even as he picked up the new bag the fetal feline had so helpfully provided... Kos may have rubbed off on him a bit if his first thought was 'literally use the Red Chain to throw a proverbial brick through Arceus's window.' Digging out the Pokeball, Kirov grinned as he let out whatever pokemon was inside it, and was frankly surprised at the red eye and greyish-blue exterior that stared back at him. "Oh damn." He muttered as he wracked his brain for the names of AI's to name a Beldum after. SHODAN, GLaDOS, HAL, why did all the popular media AIS have to be homicidal? His mind did eventually settle on a slightly more obscure one without the negative connotations, however. "Does ZAX work for ya, little... dude, I guess?" what did he even use to refer to a genderless pokemon?

I see Taichi look into the bag near him, and stare in wonder as he gets a Pokeball from it and deploys… a Beldum. Wow, the red flash, the metallic blue creature floating there, its single eye gazing by, they look so real! A Beldum would be a challenge to raise on its own, but I can imagine the sheer joy of when it evolves into a Metang, and then a Metagross. One smart, strong cookie right there.

I notice that there are stuff near me as well, just as the Mew note says. My bag, a purple one, has quite the amount of stuff that I'd have to sort out, but it feels surreal when my hand touches a spherical object among them. I bring out my very own, honest to goodness Pokeball, gleaming in its red and white glory, and press its button to reveal… a dark, ethereal creature that looks like some kind of haunted hand puppet or doll with a horn on it. I recognize it as a Shuppet, and its big yellow eyes have a glint to them as its mouth forms a smile.

I have a feeling that it's happy to see me, and while I'm not good with pets, I know that Pokemon are smarter and more understanding than those. It feels surreal to meet my very first companion for this surprise journey, a ghostly one at that. Normally, seeing a ghost would be unnerving, but I feel a friendly, comforting vibe from this one. "Hello there," I greet it, waving and smiling, "May I know your name?"

It shakes its head, and I feel that it'd like me to give it a name. A moment of inspiration from my Neptunia-related findings here gives me an idea for such. "How about Noire?" The name of another Neptunia character, it's French for the color black, and fits the Shuppet's dark appearance.

It nods excitedly as if in acceptance. On a whim, I open my arms as if to offer a hug, and it flies right into it. It feels soft, like a plushie, and there's a sensation of comforting coolness from it. For now, it's just my new friend and me as I take all of this in, being so far from home and family, and yet…

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Just Waking Up -> Freaking Out -> Putting My Panic Aside

Ugh... what the actual hell...? "What happened..." I mutter as I wake up, not registering that I sound like I did when I was ten. Then I open my eyes and see... "This isn't my bedroom. Where the hell am I?!" I look around frantically, then finally notice the note. "The fuck...?"
Okay. I'm in Hoenn. Arceus did a stupid. Mew pulled some strings so I have a chance to go home. Right. Freak out when it's safer to do so. I dig through the orange backpack for the belt with a Pokeball and send out the Pokemon inside. Oh. That's a Larvitar. "I'm calling you Goji." I say bluntly, much to the Larvitar's amused acceptance. Then I look around and see... oh. I'm not alone. Fucking hell Arceus, how badly did you fuck up this time?! "...Hello." I say to the people near me.

Opening my eyes, the very first thing I saw was the note. Taking my time to get up, I read the thing as a mounting dread overcame me. after having finished the note, I took a deep breathe and shoved my panic down. I can deal with that later. plan first. Figure out what I have. Where I am. Breathe out. pulling off the note, the very first thing I did was open up the bag by my side, seeing what was contained inside.

upon opening the bag, I found an assortment of tools for cooking, stuff to cook with, and other things that I put my mind off of for the moment in favor of the pokeball, which I couldn't help but focus on as a lifeline in the middle of it all. Breathe in. Letting the Pokemon inside out, I noticed it was a tiny blue fishlike creature known as a Mudkip. I gave a shaky smile to it, panic slowly dying down as my mind kept focus, "H-hey there," I say to him, not really sure how I could immediately tell, but that didn't matter right now.

Placing my hand upon the Mudkip, I just let things go. Breathe out. I can think about it later. I just...need to focus on making sure things will be okay. Tears started forming, before I pushed that down too, I needed to keep things together right now. For my own sake. The little guy looked at me with concern, making no small amount of noise. I pulled him in for a hug as I breathed in again, "Maayan," I named the mudkip with a small whisper, not trusting myself to speak more or any louder at the moment. The intent was clear to the blue fish now named Maayan, who took the name in stride. Breathe out.

I let go of Maayan for the moment as I began looking through the rest of the bag, taking note of the various tools and containers of both food and water inside. content that's everything, I then take stock of my surroundings, spotting other people around me in varying states of awakedness. That makes things easier. I'm not alone. with a sharp breath in, a lot of my panic died at that realization. I'm not alone, I latch onto the thought, keeping me from spiraling. With that In mind I keep looking around, trying to get a grip on where I was as I picked myself off the ground completely. I still did not trust myself to speak as I breathed out.

Okay. I'm in Hoenn. Arceus did a stupid. Mew pulled some strings so I have a chance to go home. Right. Freak out when it's safer to do so. I dig through the orange backpack for the belt with a Pokeball and send out the Pokemon inside. Oh. That's a Larvitar. "I'm calling you Goji." I say bluntly, much to the Larvitar's amused acceptance. Then I look around and see... oh. I'm not alone. Fucking hell Arceus, how badly did you fuck up this time?! "...Hello." I say to the people near me.

"Yo." Kirov replied casually. "I think raw nostalgia to the face is currently overriding my panic response." He quipped, as the newly christianed Zax circled around him in curiosity. He wondered just how much of a ruckus their arrival may have made, as it looked like nobody dwelling in the town had noticed them showing up out of nowhere, yet. "I really hope we are here after the back to back clusterfucks of the games." He muttered, clearly worried about having to deal with multiple extinction level events in a row in the form of primal kyoger or groudon, and a giant freaking space rock.

Merry
Littleroot Outskirts

As the green haired child returned to lucidity, though still groggy, they found didn't even need to open their eyes to know something was wrong. They knew they had never left their desk last night. By all rights they should be either slumped over their desk with a protesting back or practically falling off the side of her chair with an aching neck. And yet they felt neither.

They couldn't even claim that they had fallen off their chair and were splayed out on the floor, that had happened before and they could very safely say that the rugged floor didn't feel like this. Despite the fact that it was rugged, the floor was quite hard and uncomfortable. The rug had always done little to mitigate the feeling of the hardwood just below it, with the sole exception being that, if it had been vacuumed that day, it would actually do its job. But whatever they were lying on, it wasn't their floor, desk, or chair.

That wasn't the only issue, however. Something was wrong with their clothing. They should be in a long sleeved shirt, long pants torn at the bottom, and, since they never took them off the night beforehand, a pair of black rimmed glasses. But instead... to be honest, they had no idea what was on their body. The only thing they could really identify for certain was some kind of short sleeve shirt with a hood they could feel pressed against the back of their head. The rest of their body almost felt like it was wrapped in something. And that's not even getting into the shoes they could feel on their feet. They never wore shoes in their room, not with the rugged floor.

As the grogginess began to dispel and give way to slight panic, beginning to wonder if they had been kidnapped out of their own house, they noticed how whatever they were lying on felt. Or rather, they noticed what it was. They were lying on grass.

Still suspicious of their surroundings, they only barely cracked one eye open to try and discreetly get an idea of their surroundings, just in case, and quickly found themselves torn between relief and more panic. On the bright side, they weren't in the back of a kidnappers car or something, so that's at least one good thing out of all this. On the other hand though... they were clearly in the middle of some kind of forested area, so while they hadn't been kidnapped and stuck in a van, they had been stripped and clothed in their sleep and dumped in the middle of a forest.

They were half expecting an intercom to start up and inform them they were about to be hunted for sport by some rich guy.

Such humor was quickly abandoned upon opening both of their eyes fully and realizing that, 'Wait a minute, someone stuck a sticky note to my head.'

They slowly peeled it off their forehead and flipped it around to see if there was anything written. They weren't disappointed, but after reading it through, they really wished they had been.

They wondered if this was someone's idea of a prank, for a moment. Disregarding the note as anything important right then and there, they decided it was probably about time they got themselves up off the ground and...

And...

They noticed two things rather quickly. The first being that they weren't the only ones stuck here and that they each had a similar sticky note on their person. As for the second... they rubbed their eyes for a moment, to try and see if they were hallucinating or something, but... Those are Pokémon.

There are honest to god Pokémon right in front of their own eyes. They could scarcely believe it.

Their eyes jumped back to the note in their hand, rereading it through so rapidly one could reasonably be concerned that their eyes may come flying out of their sockets... If they were in Littleroot, that meant Hoenn, didn't it?

If this was legitimately Mew, then this was...

They wondered, in the back of their mind, if perhaps it was a bad thing to be so excited about what they were reading. Whatever way Arceus had messed up... they should probably be mad, maybe some tears mixed in, and a couple other emotions. They had no way to see their family, and might not ever again. All that time getting ready for college, all that money, was effectively wasted. There was no way for them to talk to any of their friends. There was probably a missing person report being filed, for all they knew.

But in spite of that, in spite of anything they should be feeling at that moment... the idea of getting to partake in a Pokémon journey of their own was just... it beat everything else out of their mind at that moment. It's something you dream of doing as a child, despite knowing its literally impossible, and here was a chance to do it right in front of them.

... How could they possibly refuse that?

Choosing to disregard how they seemed a lot shorter than normal for the time being, they spotted how everyone that had taken out a Pokémon had, from the looks of it, opened the backpacks near them. They quickly spotted the one closest to them, and barely stopped themselves from ripping it open.

And sure enough, there it was. Ignoring everything else inside the backpack, and there were quite a lot of other things in it, they snatched up the ball that could only contain the beginning to their own journey.

With zero hesitation, they threw their arm out and hit the button on the front of the Pokeball and the signature red beam of light shot out. Had they ever been this excited before?

As the red light revealed what Pokemon was held inside the ball, they were practically vibrating in place. The ball held a Treecko, as it turned out.

Said Treecko could only look around in slight surprise at... well, just about the entire situation. Whatever he had been expecting to see after being let out, being a bit more than knee deep in a forest and a trainer that looked like they might explode on the spot with how much they seemed to be holding themselves back from tackle hugging the Pokémon out of sheer excitement...

As the new trainer swapped from vibrating in place to bouncing, the Pokémon wondered exactly what he about to be in for, here...

Last edited:
Littleroot - 2
His mind did eventually settle on a slightly more obscure one without the negative connotations, however. "Does ZAX work for ya, little... dude, I guess?" what did he even use to refer to a genderless pokemon?

The newly named Zax made a strange sound that seemed a mix between a dial-up tone, a binary beeping and a pressure on Kirov's mind.

Very strange.

Still, they also settled in his arms without complaining, so that was a plus.

"Yo." Kirov replied casually. "I think raw nostalgia to the face is currently overriding my panic response." He quipped, as the newly christianed Zax circled around him in curiosity. He wondered just how much of a ruckus their arrival may have made, as it looked like nobody dwelling in the town had noticed them showing up out of nowhere, yet. "I really hope we are here after the back to back clusterfucks of the games." He muttered, clearly worried about having to deal with multiple extinction level events in a row in the form of primal kyoger or groudon, and a giant freaking space rock.

After completing his circuit, Zax landed on Kirov's head.

They were pretty heavy, when they weren't using their levitation. Enough that Kirov almost instantly felt himself starting to go down.

--

It nods excitedly as if in acceptance. On a whim, I open my arms as if to offer a hug, and it flies right into it. It feels soft, like a plushie, and there's a sensation of comforting coolness from it. For now, it's just my new friend and me as I take all of this in, being so far from home and family, and yet…

The newly named Noire snuggled more in the embrace of the newly isekaied girl, emitting short cries of happiness, her body feeling a bit like a mix of a plushie and... nothing.

Like she only had air under the cloth. Something was telling Rae that would be a VERY BAD IDEA trying to look inside the darkness that was under Shuppet's cloth covering. Maybe not as bad as looking under a Mimikyu's costume, but up there.

--

That's a Larvitar. "I'm calling you Goji." I say bluntly, much to the Larvitar's amused acceptance. Then I look around and see... oh. I'm not alone. Fucking hell Arceus, how badly did you fuck up this time?! "...Hello." I say to the people near me.

Goji ambled forward slowly, but with certainness, and sat on Ken's lap without even a moment of hesitation.

Then he took a rock from the ground and started snacking on it. Like you do.

--

I let go of Maayan for the moment as I began looking through the rest of the bag, taking note of the various tools and containers of both food and water inside. content that's everything, I then take stock of my surroundings, spotting other people around me in varying states of awakedness. That makes things easier. I'm not alone. with a sharp breath in, a lot of my panic died at that realization. I'm not alone, I latch onto the thought, keeping me from spiraling. With that In mind I keep looking around, trying to get a grip on where I was as I picked myself off the ground completely. I still did not trust myself to speak as I breathed out.

Mayaan pushed his head against his leg, a worried expression on his little face. "Muuu?" His cry was clearly filled with worry for his new trainer.

--

Said Treecko could only look around in slight surprise at... well, just about the entire situation. Whatever he had been expecting to see after being let out, being a bit more than knee deep in a forest and a trainer that looked like they might explode on the spot with how much they seemed to be holding themselves back from tackle hugging the Pokémon out of sheer excitement...

As the new trainer swapped from vibrating in place to bouncing, the Pokémon wondered exactly what he about to be in for, here...

The treecko sighed and jumped on his trainer's shoulders, patting their head with a paw. Before starting to panic as an attack of what looked like asthma sent Merry coughing and crumbling on themselves.

--

After everyone had calmed enough, a deluge of poster-sized pieces of paper hit all of them. Every single one of htem had a pinnk cat in the background, with a very simple text in comic sans font.

First Time Transmigrator Gift from Mew!
One(1) Pokedex, Hoenn Version.
It's in the middle.

And, in fact, there was a single pokedex laying innocently on the ground in the middle of the group.

Rae
Littleroot Town

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Just Waking Up -> Freaking Out -> Putting My Panic Aside

Ugh... what the actual hell...? "What happened..." I mutter as I wake up, not registering that I sound like I did when I was ten. Then I open my eyes and see... "This isn't my bedroom. Where the hell am I?!" I look around frantically, then finally notice the note. "The fuck...?"

For a long moment, everything comes flowing in. Something I process is that my voice is different, and oh so light and feminine, finally matching my gender. It sounds like Plutia, actually, which is interesting. Meanwhile, the sea breeze about me and the pillow-like softness of the Shuppet only reinforces that feeling of being in another place, one only previously shown in fiction. From the note, I know this is the town of Littleroot, in the region of Hoenn, and I've played Sapphire, Emerald, and Alpha Sapphire enough to know where major places would roughly be, but this isn't a game. This is an actual world, as large as it'd be, with living, breathing people, humans and Pokemon alike.

Will I be able to see my family again? Will I be able to see home again? If I do, how would I be recognizable like this? But I'm finally female in body; I don't want to go back to the previous one…

There's also what the future would bring, full of unknowns and uncertainty. For a moment, I feel alone, but when I look into the bright eyes of Noire, from whom I have a strange yet certain feeling that she's a girl, I feel… connected. Like having a hand extended to me, which I metaphorically grasp with my own. Her happy cries are infectious, giving me an uplifting vibe.

I don't know if time here passes differently from my world ala Narnia. For all I know, I'd be a missing person back home, my loved ones worrying over me… yet for all I worry about that, it's not something I can control. What I can do something about is my situation here, and, well… it's the stuff of childhood fantasies to adventure with Pokemon. Now that I'm in one, it'd be a waste not to savor what I can. I do love traveling… but while I'd rather do so with family, these look like people I could travel with. I can't help but be cautious since I don't know them, but at the same time, it's better than being alone, and it's probably not too different from going with a tour group… right?

One of them, a brunet in red to contrast Taichi's blue shirt, says hello, and so I smile and wave in turn. He's also the voice who was exclaiming earlier, something about not being in his room… a similar situation as me. "Hi," I greet him, not sure of what else to say. I heard him name the Larvitar 'Goji' which makes me think of Gojira, as in Godzilla, the kaiju-shaped inspiration behind the evolved Tyranitar. A fitting name, no?

Though seeing a giant Tyranitar for real would be… interesting.

Nostalgia? The games? Oh, I see, Taichi's played Pokemon too. It's surreal to be in such a world, right? Kinda odd that he doesn't have a Charmander with him, which would be the closest I can think of to an Agumon, but the thought of hanging out with a Pokemon who could burn me gives me the jitters.

As the red light revealed what Pokemon was held inside the ball, they were practically vibrating in place. The ball held a Treecko, as it turned out.

Someone, a green-haired person, looks really excited to meet… their Treecko. I'm not quite sure if they're a boy or a girl, but the sheer joy is infectious.

The newly named Zax made a strange sound that seemed a mix between a dial-up tone, a binary beeping and a pressure on Kirov's mind.

Very strange.

Still, they also settled in his arms without complaining, so that was a plus.

They were pretty heavy, when they weren't using their levitation. Enough that Kirov almost instantly felt himself starting to go down.

--

The newly named Noire snuggled more in the embrace of the newly isekaied girl, emitting short cries of happiness, her body feeling a bit like a mix of a plushie and... nothing.

Like she only had air under the cloth. Something was telling Rae that would be a VERY BAD IDEA trying to look inside the darkness that was under Shuppet's cloth covering. Maybe not as bad as looking under a Mimikyu's costume, but up there.

--

Goji ambled forward slowly, but with certainness, and sat on Ken's lap without even a moment of hesitation.

--

Mayaan pushed his head against his leg, a worried expression on his little face. "Muuu?" His cry was clearly filled with worry for his new trainer.

--

The treecko sighed and jumped on his trainer's shoulders, patting their head with a paw. Before starting to panic as an attack of what looked like asthma sent Merry coughing and crumbling on themselves.

--

The sight of all the colorful Pokemon around me, including the inflatable eldritch plushie cuddled with me, is just so amazing, though I mentally take note not to look under Noire's blanket-like covering since it's likely not meant for mortal eyes. Still, it feels that despite the troubling parts of this whole situation, things will be fine…

And then I hear coughing, and see the Treecko's new friend suddenly looking faint. "Are you okay?!" I worriedly ask.

After everyone had calmed enough, a deluge of poster-sized pieces of paper hit all of them. Every single one of htem had a pinnk cat in the background, with a very simple text in comic sans font.

It's in the middle.

And, in fact, there was a single pokedex laying innocently on the ground in the middle of the group.

A Pokedex? Wow, we'll be helping with Professor Birch's research! Considering that there's just one, it looks like it's meant for sharing, and that's fine with me.

Now, if only there are first-aid supplies of some sort in my bag… but I actually don't know what to do if somebody were to faint besides to call emergency services… whose number for here I don't know, and assuming there's signal here. I've heard of CPR, for instance, but it's not a technique I know.

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Putting My Panic Aside -> Asking Questions

I smile, because despite any misgivings about the situation I'm looking forward to this. I open my mouth to ask a question when-
It's in the middle.
-that happens. "So, who's gonna carry the Pokedex?" I ask. "There's not enough for each of us to carry one, so..."

Rae
Littleroot Town

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Putting My Panic Aside -> Asking Questions

I smile, because despite any misgivings about the situation I'm looking forward to this. I open my mouth to ask a question when-

-that happens. "So, who's gonna carry the Pokedex?" I ask. "There's not enough for each of us to carry one, so..."

"We'll share, but I don't mind carrying it," I reply, volunteering for it. However, I'm still looking through my new bag for something that could help the one who's feeling faint. Is it just cough? Is it a shortness of breath? Is it…?

"Ohshi-" Kirov yelped as the sudden weight caused him to fall over, as the surprised and confused Beldum promptly resumed levitating before it crushed Kirov beneath it. "Okay, note to self, no carrying heavy pokemon on your head like Ash." He muttered as he got back to his feet, dusting himself off. "Guess we both learned something there." He muttered, before taking a moment to get his scatterbrained thoughts in order. "right, introductions, names Kirov." He said, using an old standby of his.

"As for the whole pokedex thing, I think this is a perfect opportunity to try it out." Who knows what extra functions it had that the games didn't bother to mention.

Littleroot - 3
A Pokedex? Wow, we'll be helping with Professor Birch's research! Considering that there's just one, it looks like it's meant for sharing, and that's fine with me.

Now, if only there are first-aid supplies of some sort in my bag… but I actually don't know what to do if somebody were to faint besides to call emergency services… whose number for here I don't know, and assuming there's signal here. I've heard of CPR, for instance, but it's not a technique I know.

She could hear Merry's coughs lessening slightly after a while, simply calming down. And Merry was still breathing so it was ì not an Asthma attacks. Which was good.

"We'll share, but I don't mind carrying it," I reply, volunteering for it. However, I'm still looking through my new bag for something that could help the one who's feeling faint. Is it just cough? Is it a shortness of breath? Is it…?

She finally found a small First Aid Kit - marketed towards human use - and inside there were only the basics needed to take care of lesser wounds and injuries.

In the meantime, Goji had ambled towards the Pokedex and was checking it out curiously.

"As for the whole pokedex thing, I think this is a perfect opportunity to try it out." Who knows what extra functions it had that the games didn't bother to mention.

Taking the Pokedex in hand, the red device beeped once, before an automatic voice echoed from it.

Code:
Please Register User.

Taking the Pokedex in hand, the red device beeped once, before an automatic voice echoed from it.

Code:
Please Register User.

"Uhhh, Kirov?" He said, mostly out of surprise. Shit, he totally forgot the things were basically small AI in the earlier animes before that whole rotom-phone thing. just how advanced were pokedexs? He knew pokemon had some whacky shit like whatever the hell Bill did that one time. Was a Porygon gonna pop out like in that one fanfiction? man, he had so many questions.

Rae
Littleroot Town

"Ohshi-" Kirov yelped as the sudden weight caused him to fall over, as the surprised and confused Beldum promptly resumed levitating before it crushed Kirov beneath it. "Okay, note to self, no carrying heavy pokemon on your head like Ash." He muttered as he got back to his feet, dusting himself off. "Guess we both learned something there." He muttered, before taking a moment to get his scatterbrained thoughts in order. "right, introductions, names Kirov." He said, using an old standby of his.

Kirov? What come to mind are the Russian missile battlecruisers, followed by their older, WW2-era cruiser namesakes, in turn followed by the go-to character name of an online friend. In any case, it feels like an uncommon name to encounter.

"I'm Rae, nice to meet you," I greet the Taichi lookalike, whose Beldum looks pretty heavy, "Is it just me, or would it be fitting to see a Charmander with you?"

She could hear Merry's coughs lessening slightly after a while, simply calming down. And Merry was still breathing so it was ì not an Asthma attacks. Which was good.

She finally found a small First Aid Kit - marketed towards human use - and inside there were only the basics needed to take care of lesser wounds and injuries.

In the meantime, Goji had ambled towards the Pokedex and was checking it out curiously.

Code:
Please Register User.

Finally finding medical supplies is a relief, though according to the instructions, they're just for minor wounds and injuries. For anything major, one might as well call the equivalent of 911. Before I can look for a phone, I look again at the coughing one, but they turn out to be relatively fine. Still, it's something to watch for when we travel together.

"Uhhh, Kirov?" He said, mostly out of surprise. Shit, he totally forgot the things were basically small AI in the earlier animes before that whole rotom-phone thing. just how advanced were pokedexs? He knew pokemon had some whacky shit like whatever the hell Bill did that one time. Was a Porygon gonna pop out like in that one fanfiction? man, he had so many questions.

Now I'm curious to see what the Pokedex holds, though while Kirov fiddles with it, I decide to see what supplies I do have in my bag, Noire the Shuppet helping me out in that regard. Good to know what I have before walking on that journey, yeah?

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Asking Questions -> Introductions

"Call me Ken." I say, looking through my own backpack before looking at Goji. "Gonna need to get something you might like as a treat I think..." I tell him. "But that'll have to wait until we figure out how we're going to do what we need to do, and hopefully we'll have a source of income too when all's said and done." I look to the others. "Your thoughts on what we should do? I'm leaning toward going into Littleroot and asking to talk to Professor Birch, personally."

"I'm Rae, nice to meet you," I greet the Taichi lookalike, whose Beldum looks pretty heavy, "Is it just me, or would it be fitting to see a Charmander with you?"

There was a slow blink from Kirov, followed by a chuckle. "A lady of culture, I see," He responded. "Charizard is kinda cool, but i'd rather not deal with a Gilgamesh teir ego. "and not cyborg-y enough in the later stages, anyways." He added. "But let me ask you this: does Porygon count as a Digimon." He had seen that question cause some people to bluescreen before, which amused the hell out of him.

"Call me Ken." I say, looking through my own backpack before looking at Goji. "Gonna need to get something you might like as a treat I think..." I tell him. "But that'll have to wait until we figure out how we're going to do what we need to do, and hopefully we'll have a source of income too when all's said and done." I look to the others. "Your thoughts on what we should do? I'm leaning toward going into Littleroot and asking to talk to Professor Birch, personally."

"Eh, fifty fifty odds he's out on route 101 getting chased by something again." Kirov said with a shrug. ORAS milked that joke to give you multiple different starters, so it wasn't off the table.

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Introductions -> Making a Plan

There was a slow blink from Kirov, followed by a chuckle. "A lady of culture, I see," He responded. "Charizard is kinda cool, but i'd rather not deal with a Gilgamesh teir ego. "and not cyborg-y enough in the later stages, anyways." He added. "But let me ask you this: does Porygon count as a Digimon." He had seen that question cause some people to bluescreen before, which amused the hell out of him.
"I don't see why, assuming a Porygon made it to Digimon, it wouldn't be considered some kind of prototype Digimon." I reply, rolling my eyes.
"Eh, fifty fifty odds he's out on route 101 getting chased by something again." Kirov said with a shrug. ORAS milked that joke to give you multiple different starters, so it wasn't off the table.
This however, successfully provokes a laugh. "That's a good point. I vote we go to Route 101 first, and if he's not there we go to his lab."

Blinking the tears away, now that I am not at risk of breaking down at the moment, I pick up Mayaan, carefully positioning the mudfish so he's comfortably in my arms. "I'll be okay, don't worry," my voice was barely above a whisper, but it was less shaky then before. Now that I was sure I wasn't going to die alone and lost it become a lot easier to focus. Judging from my observations, the area I was in was not completely out of the way, judging from the trail I could see. That gave me a direction, even if I did not recognize the area at the moment. Regardless, there were other people here, talking. I...supposed I should introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Rhodo!"

Merry
Littleroot Outskirts

Considering the current circumstances, it's probably worth mentioning that they, in their old body, never actually possessed any sort of respiratory issue. They had no form of lifelong or long lasting illness to speak of whatsoever, so long as you leave out allergies to a drug they didn't ever have a need to use. By all rights, it would be entirely correct to say they had a clean bill of health. When it came to some kind of cough, even the most violent ones they ever had were quite short and only resulted from water going down the wrong hole. \

Their experience with those types of health issues were equally low when talking of others, as outside of a single short lived friendship from middle school, they didn't actually know any peers that had those issues, and even including the one they did know, they never witnessed any form of asthma attack personally. The only experience they actually had was seeing a single one happen through a video.

So to say they were surprised when a cough sent them to their knees in pain would be putting in lightly.

Its also likely worth bringing up that pain was a rarity in their life. The worst wounds they had suffered were two lacerations, both of which were accidentally self inflicted, on both the thumb and the lower leg. And though there likely should have been significant pain to both, she barely felt any at all. Meanwhile worst pain she had suffered had come from a needle scraping on a bone.

If she were in any state to talk, she would easily claim this to be the worst pain she had felt in her entire life, and it wouldn't even be a contest.

After finally stopped reeling from the suddenness of the episode, they tried the only thing they knew about stopping an attack like this, controlling your breathing. They weren't actually sure if it was a legitimate solution or just misinformation spread about helping with asthma attacks, but it was the only thing they had, and considering they were at the point where their every cough was beginning to make them see stars, she had to at least give it a go.

While that whole mess was taking place, Treecko had been quick to act when she was loosing her footing when the attack started, and had done his best to help his new trainer not fall flat on their face, and if he's being honest, he's already pretty far past just being concerned! But he didn't have any idea what was happening to his trainer, so he could only really look on worried and hoped that they would be able to deal with whatever had happened on their own...

He tried looking around for anything, and apparently there were a few more humans around, but he ignored them for now, and his eyes landed on the bag closest to his trainer. Maybe he could grab something from in there to help?

In a couple of quick steps, he made it to the bag and started looking through it to find something to help.

The sight of all the colorful Pokemon around me, including the inflatable eldritch plushie cuddled with me, is just so amazing, though I mentally take note not to look under Noire's blanket-like covering since it's likely not meant for mortal eyes. Still, it feels that despite the troubling parts of this whole situation, things will be fine…

And then I hear coughing, and see the Treecko's new friend suddenly looking faint. "Are you okay?!" I worriedly ask.

If they were in any state to speak, perhaps if the pain was centered on a limb rather than their lungs, which they very much need to form sentences, they might have responded with a pained, but sarcastic "Do I look fine to you?" and would find themselves giving the other person an awkward apology after the pain passed, as they would quickly find the earlier words to have been quite rude and unnecessary.

Unfortunately, however, the violent cough raged onwards, only barely mitigated by their attempts to control their breathing. Through the dizziness and stars, they wondered if the problem with their approach was slightly off, as while they were doing their best to control their breathing, they weren't actually taking very deep breaths at all, which would likely help significantly more with the current problem instead of the rather short breaths they had been taking.

Treecko, meanwhile wasn't having very much luck. He realized, trying to look through the bag, he didn't actually know what any of the stuff in it was or did, and with the horrible coughs coming from his trainer, that fact was doing the exact opposite of helping his stress levels! There were some berries he could see and he did know what kind they were, sure, but those wouldn't be much help when his trainer couldn't chew anything or swallow at all!

He needed something else, and all he could really find were a bunch of human made items that he had no idea how to work, or even what they did!

Moving around the items in the bag, he did eventually spot something that might help, if only after the cough had passed, but that was better than nothing. It looked like a bunch of water in some kind of container? Treecko knew he'd need to fiddle around with it to get the right end of it open, he hoped it was at least designed with some kind of cap, and quickly snatched what he knew was an Oran Berry out of the bag to help ease the pain his trainer was feeling after the cough passed.

At least it sounded like their cough was getting better, if only slightly...

Even as her new strategy began to bring the coughs down started working, or maybe whatever god was in the sky above decided they'd had enough, they could easily say that was the worst experience they'd ever had, when it came to pain. Their throat felt completely raw, breathing was hurting, and the coughs, though less frequent now, weren't helping in the slightest with either.

At least the stars they were seeing were going away now, they thought they were gonna pass out some moments ago, with how many they were seeing...

They saw their Treecko trying to open a water bottle he had plucked out of that backpack, clearly concerned along with having a bit of trouble getting the cap off the thing. It didn't take him too long, thankfully, and when he stepped closer to hand them the bottle they were quite happy he had.

Grabbing the bottle, they took a few greedy gulps of water to try and lessen the pain in their throat, though they quickly decreased to sips after being not so gently reminded by her throat that swallowing was pretty painful with a raw throat. After drinking a good half of the water bottle down, they took it away from their lips and found themselves panting out of exhaustion. An episode like that really took the wind out of their sails, huh?

As they gave themselves a moment to recover, their Treecko held out the Oran Berry he'd grabbed, hoping it would at least help somewhat with the pain.

Taking it and handing back the water bottle, they realized how weak their arms felt then. Whether it had something to do with how much shorter everything seemed, or because of what just happened causing their strength to leave them, they didn't know, but they also didn't really care at the moment.

They were a bit more focused on how, apparently, Oran Berries taste a lot like blueberries but significantly more bitter. They made a face at the taste, but did their best to power through it and swallow it down. It didn't take long for her to begin to feel at least a little better, and as such, decided to continue chowing down to get her throat to a bit of a better state and before.

The cough still wasn't completely gone, but by this point, it had at least significantly lessened in both frequency and severity.

The two sat in the background for now, one munching away at a berry, and the other providing support on the side.

Though, if you were to ask Treecko about his feelings on it all, he'd just say he's more than a little concerned that his trainer might just have a heart attack out of nowhere...

Last edited:
Rae
Littleroot Town

Ken
Near Littleroot Town

"I think consulting the professor is a good start," I nod in agreement. It'd help in sorting things out and properly getting started in this world of Pokemon.

Yay, he recognized the reference! Though now he raises an interesting question, something that hasn't occured to me before, but makes sense when thought about. "It's a digital monster, so I'd say yes," I reply, "The only thing missing is a name that ends in -mon."

Eh, fifty fifty odds he's out on route 101 getting chased by something again." Kirov said with a shrug. ORAS milked that joke to give you multiple different starters, so it wasn't off the table.

"Pffffff," I chuckle, "If he's out on field work, his assistants would know." Better to check out the lab first, is what I'm thinking.

Blinking the tears away, now that I am not at risk of breaking down at the moment, I pick up Mayaan, carefully positioning the mudfish so he's comfortably in my arms. "I'll be okay, don't worry," my voice was barely above a whisper, but it was less shaky then before. Now that I was sure I wasn't going to die alone and lost it become a lot easier to focus. Judging from my observations, the area I was in was not completely out of the way, judging from the trail I could see. That gave me a direction, even if I did not recognize the area at the moment. Regardless, there were other people here, talking. I...supposed I should introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Rhodo!"

The cough still wasn't completely gone, but by this point, it had at least significantly lessened in both frequency and severity.

The two sat in the background for now, one munching away at a berry, and the other providing support on the side.

Though, if you were to ask Treecko about his feelings on it all, he'd just say he's more than a little concerned that his trainer might just have a heart attack out of nowhere...

"Hello there," I greet the now-named Rhodo in response.

On the side, I notice the coughing one eagerly gulping down a berry, probably an Oran from its color, which looks like it helps.

Littleroot - 4

Code:
Confirm user: Kirov? Warning: Registration is final and user cannot be changed unless Pokedex is formatted.

Now I'm curious to see what the Pokedex holds, though while Kirov fiddles with it, I decide to see what supplies I do have in my bag, Noire the Shuppet helping me out in that regard. Good to know what I have before walking on that journey, yeah?

Two changes of clothes. A collapsible tent with a sleeping roll. Bathing supplies. Supplies for camping. The aforementioned first aid kit for humans. A first aid kit for pokemon - with three potions, one antidote, one anti-burn and one anti-paralysis -. Pokemon food for one week. Human food for one week. Four berries: two Oran, one Cheri, one Rawst. A map and a compass. And five more pokeballs.

Also, it had a series of planters with the ground covered in a fine mesh, a glass-like dome covering it and some tags on it. It proclaimed it to be a set for farming while moving around. The slogan was "You own berries, fresh from the plant, whenever you want!"

A smaller sticker under it had a disclaimer: "Starting berries not included".

Ken
Near Littleroot Town

The sound of a distant morning market could be heard coming from the direction of the city. They were high enough that they could see it from the trees. Along with the sounds of pokemon cries, the smell of the sea breeze and the chatter of people.

*********Elsewhere...*****************

Professor Birch, currently making coffee in his laboratory, sneezed. It was so sudden that his mug dropped and crashed on the ground, shattering in thousands of pieces.

"Oh no!"

******************************************++

This however, successfully provokes a laugh. "That's a good point. I vote we go to Route 101 first, and if he's not there we go to his lab."

"Muuuud... Kip!" Mayaan greeted the others, attracting the attention of the other starters, who chimed in with their own greetings.

Treecko laid there only for a few moments, before nodding to himself and jumping up in a hurry. He turned towards Merry and looked at them with a stern look.

"Treeee!" That, along with the way his paw were pointing, told them that their starter wanted them to stay there and don't move.

Then, the wood gecko pokemon bounded away, deep in the woods, running.

"Pffffff," I chuckle, "If he's out on field work, his assistants would know." Better to check out the lab first, is what I'm thinking.

***********Elsewhere...****************

"Professor Birch!" A voice called from the entrance of the Lab, making the professor jump up in surprise.

The fact that he was under a table trying to clean the last shards of ceramic from the broken mug meant that he thumped his head against the underside of the table.

"Professor Birch!" The voice was now far more worried.

On the side, I notice the coughing one eagerly gulping down a berry, probably an Oran from its color, which looks like it helps.

It definitely helped.

And the wayward Treecko returned a moment later with a couple more of Oran Berries in his hands, putting them in front of Merry and looking at them with a stern look.

"Ko!"

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Making a Plan -> I wanna be the one to use the Pokedex...

"
Kirov looked at the rest of the group for permission to continue, if it had to be registered, why did they only get the one. dang fetal feline probably being scatterbrained.
"...I kind of wanna try being a Professor in Training." I admit. "A Pokedex would be really helpful."

Rae
Littleroot Town

Code:
Confirm user: Kirov? Warning: Registration is final and user cannot be changed unless Pokedex is formatted.

Two changes of clothes. A collapsible tent with a sleeping roll. Bathing supplies. Supplies for camping. The aforementioned first aid kit for humans. A first aid kit for pokemon - with three potions, one antidote, one anti-burn and one anti-paralysis -. Pokemon food for one week. Human food for one week. Four berries: two Oran, one Cheri, one Rawst. A map and a compass. And five more pokeballs.

Also, it had a series of planters with the ground covered in a fine mesh, a glass-like dome covering it and some tags on it. It proclaimed it to be a set for farming while moving around. The slogan was "You own berries, fresh from the plant, whenever you want!"

A smaller sticker under it had a disclaimer: "Starting berries not included".

The sound of a distant morning market could be heard coming from the direction of the city. They were high enough that they could see it from the trees. Along with the sounds of pokemon cries, the smell of the sea breeze and the chatter of people.

*********Elsewhere...*****************

Professor Birch, currently making coffee in his laboratory, sneezed. It was so sudden that his mug dropped and crashed on the ground, shattering in thousands of pieces.

"Oh no!"

******************************************++

"Muuuud... Kip!" Mayaan greeted the others, attracting the attention of the other starters, who chimed in with their own greetings.

Treecko laid there only for a few moments, before nodding to himself and jumping up in a hurry. He turned towards Merry and looked at them with a stern look.

"Treeee!" That, along with the way his paw were pointing, told them that their starter wanted them to stay there and don't move.

Then, the wood gecko pokemon bounded away, deep in the woods, running.

***********Elsewhere...****************

"Professor Birch!" A voice called from the entrance of the Lab, making the professor jump up in surprise.

The fact that he was under a table trying to clean the last shards of ceramic from the broken mug meant that he thumped his head against the underside of the table.

"Professor Birch!" The voice was now far more worried.

It definitely helped.

And the wayward Treecko returned a moment later with a couple more of Oran Berries in his hands, putting them in front of Merry and looking at them with a stern look.

"Ko!"

That's… a lot of useful supplies. And a berry cultivation kit? Now that's interesting, though how do I use it… oh. Somehow, I have a good idea on how it's done. Maybe there's more to this than just the things, the Pokemon, and the new body. Maybe it's a good idea to start with the spare Oran berry?

Meanwhile, I notice the Treecko being rather quick in departing… and coming back with a handful of those blue Oran berries for their trainer. Awwww, that was nice of them.

Kirov looked at the rest of the group for permission to continue, if it had to be registered, why did they only get the one. dang fetal feline probably being scatterbrained.

Ken
Near Littleroot Town
Making a Plan -> I wanna be the one to use the Pokedex...

"

"...I kind of wanna try being a Professor in Training." I admit. "A Pokedex would be really helpful."

"How about putting all our names in there, to show that it's shared among us?" I suggest, "We'd all benefit from it anyway."

Back