A Superior Spider-You

One night, you have horrible nightmares. Nightmares of bullies, an abusive father, and getting beaten down by Spider-Man.

Repeatedly.

Like seriously.

A lot.

Waking up in the morning, you attempt to raise your arm up, but you find something disturbing.

You can't.

Then all of a sudden, your body raises itself out of bed. You have no control over it. You attempt to struggle, to wake yourself up, to regain control of your body, but you can't. You're essentially a prisoner in your own body. You scream.

"Stop that infernal sound, groveling Moron!"

You blink, or at least attempt to. You attempt to look around, but realize the only place it could have come from. Your own mouth.

"That's better. I'm still struggling with this pathetic meatsack you so laughingly call a body, so you don't need to make things any worse."

"You really don't know who I am do you? While allow to introduce myself. I am doctor Otto Octavius. Enemy of Spider-Man, and as of last night, the Superior You!"

Octavius explains. Midway through the body swap with Spider-Man, something interfered and he wound up in your body instead. He didn't understand what could have happened, until he looked through your memories of being a Spacebattler and recognized the hand of a ROB. There was also some kind of letter for him, but that vanished earlier after he read it. As it turns out, as the body swap with Spider-Man was almost complete, he kept Spider-Man's powers, just in your body. And in the real world.

Octavius laughes. He supposed even an idiot like Deadpool was right about something.

Anyway, he looked through your memories and was repulsed by what he saw. He did not give any constructive criticism beyond "useless," "stupid," and "a waste of a perfectly good life." As such, he wishes to perfect your life in his own way, all the while proving he's a better Spider-Man than Parker.

You may be able to break free and assume control of your (now Spider-Man empowered) body, but it would take a long and grueling mental battle with Octavius in order to even wiggle your finger.

How does he change your life? Can you resume control of your body, by force or conversation? Will your closest friends and family be able to see through his ruse? How does Octavius change the world with you as his puppet?

How does he change your life?
Cunts it all up. Goes off to get a big fancy doctorate in MAD SCIENCE (MUAHAHAHAHA)!!!!!, cocks up familial relations, and generally pisses my life plan down the toilet.
Can you resume control of your body, by force or conversation?
Let's see, shall we?

~99 quadrillion bottles of beer on the wall, 99 quadrillion bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 992 bottles of beer on the wall.~
Will your closest friends and family be able to see through his ruse?
Yup. He is he, I am me, and he would have no real patience for being me in a lot of respects (and, in a world where mind readers ain't a thing, no real incentive to even try and fake it). Even if he gave it a go, most of my interests would tick him off and that'd be a mighty big indicator.
How does Octavius change the world with you as his puppet?
Cocks it up. Tries for some sort of pseudo-police state bullshit, though he won't get as far as he'd like with IRL civilians to convince instead of Marvel's lemmings with thumbs.

How does he change your life?
He balls it up, obviously.
Can you resume control of your body, by force or conversation?
Quite possibly. I love everyone, it's my ideal, my ultimate goal, what I try to always do. So perhaps, I will regain control with the power of Love.
Will your closest friends and family be able to see through his ruse?
They would if "He's been replaced" was something anyone would ever think of before "He's gone crazy".
How does Octavius change the world with you as his puppet?
He doesn't have plot armor, so if he tries to pull something big he'll likely get taken out.

Cunts it all up. Goes off to get a big fancy doctorate in MAD SCIENCE (MUAHAHAHAHA)!!!!!, cocks up familial relations, and generally pisses my life plan down the toilet.
Don't forget, He'll initially try to be a better family member than you are. He'll probably be supportive and kind to your family, at least at first.

Let's see, shall we?

~99 quadrillion bottles of beer on the wall, 99 quadrillion bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 998 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 997 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 995 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 994 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer on the wall.
98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 993 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 992 bottles of beer on the wall.~
How do you intend on getting him to drink them?

Yup. He is he, I am me, and he would have no real patience for being me in a lot of respects (and, in a world where mind readers ain't a thing, no real incentive to even try and fake it). Even if he gave it a go, most of my interests would tick him off and that'd be a mighty big indicator.
Don't forget, he has your memories. It's basically how he was able to imitate Parker for so long. He'd love who you loved and at least try to do what you'd do.

Quite possibly. I love everyone, it's my ideal, my ultimate goal, what I try to always do. So perhaps, I will regain control with the power of Love.
I can imagine that would be a serious change others see.

They would if "He's been replaced" was something anyone would ever think of before "He's gone crazy".
They'd see a definite change in the way you act, yes, but he gives enough effort to at least pass as you.

He doesn't have plot armor, so if he tries to pull something big he'll likely get taken out.
Even try to start a major, world-changing tech company?

And don't forget, he has Spider-man's powers, just in your body.

Last edited:
How does he change your life? He goes on to do his Mad Science stuff I suppose.

Can you resume control of your body, by force or conversation? I go the force method. Regardless of how long it takes I'd still try.

Will your closest friends and family be able to see through his ruse? If he has all my memories he should be able to pull off a convincing fake.

How does Octavius change the world with you as his puppet? Makes himself rich and successful since there is no bullshit in our earth to stop him.

Don't forget, He'll initially try to be a better family member than you are. He'll probably be supportive and kind to your family, at least at first.
That's kind of the problem. He'd try to strengthen family ties, be a better me. I am perfectly content having nothing to do with my crazy alcoholic grandmother, my pedo-teacher cousin, my fat homeless uncle, and various other fuckers I happen to share blood with.
How do you intend on getting him to drink them?
Huh?
Don't forget, he has your memories. It's basically how he was able to imitate Parker for so long. He'd love who you loved and at least try to do what you'd do.
Except what I do these days is mostly model kits and videogames. With a heavy dash of reading, writing, and wishing I had the money to buy all the comic books I want.

That's kind of the problem. He'd try to strengthen family ties, be a better me. I am perfectly content having nothing to do with my crazy alcoholic grandmother, my pedo-teacher cousin, my fat homeless uncle, and various other fuckers I happen to share blood with.
Oh. Yeah. Those are kinda of people he'd avoid. Too much like his own.

What about friends? Would they be able to see through his charade?
Your plan involved getting him drunk so you could take back control. How do you intend on getting him that drunk?

Except what I do these days is mostly model kits and videogames. With a heavy dash of reading, writing, and wishing I had the money to buy all the comic books I want.
Not anymore. ;) Now it involves being a doctor, starting a corporation, and putting your newfound spider-powers to use.

I can imagine that would be a serious change others see.
Yeah. Then again I'm the kind of person who would begrudgingly help him simply because he wants to make the world a better place.
They'd see a definite change in the way you act, yes, but he gives enough effort to at least pass as you.
Eh, I suppose so.
Even try to start a major, world-changing tech company?
I was thinking more along the lines of "Rob a bank! Because of course that couldn't possibly backfire!". He's a comic book villain, he's used to a reality with fundamentally different rules. I'm half afraid of him getting himself killed when he attempts to do things how he usually does things, and then there's the fact that almost all of his tech is unlikely to function due to different physics.

Your plan involved getting him drunk so you could take back control. How do you intend on getting him that drunk?
No, my plan involved singing a modified version of 99 bottles of beer on the wall at the top of my nonexistent lungs. Continuously. He will either surrender control or be driven so far round the bend he's now Superior Ninja Spiderman.
Not anymore. ;) Now it involves being a doctor, starting a corporation, and putting your newfound spider-powers to use.
And that is so hilariously out of character for me that everyone who knows me will know something's up.

Though not the spider-themed hero bit. Nobody would be surprised by that.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Rob a bank! Because of course that couldn't possibly backfire!". He's a comic book villain, he's used to a reality with fundamentally different rules. I'm half afraid of him getting himself killed when he attempts to do things how he usually does things, and then there's the fact that almost all of his tech is unlikely to function due to different physics.
It probably will function, but he may have to play around with it a little. Plus, his spider-powers should protect him from most of Earth's threats.

No, my plan involved singing a modified version of 99 bottles of beer on the wall at the top of my nonexistent lungs. Continuously. He will either surrender control or be driven so far round the bend he's now Superior Ninja Spiderman.
Ohhhhh. I thought you meant getting him Drunk enough to take control...

My bad. :oops:

And that is so hilariously out of character for me that everyone who knows me will know something's up.

Though not the spider-themed hero bit. Nobody would be surprised by that.
He could pose it as a brand new direction in life. Would that surprise people?

Back