A Hateful Deep [Worm/Kantai Collection]

so you've changed taylor from a large or heavy cruiser of the original version of this fic to a lighter that it's almost a destroyer class
CSScout Cruiser
that's a pretty big step down seeing as 6 inch guns are considered at least by WWII standards to be i think the lighter side of medium naval guns but as it is this seems underwhelming compared to the original version and i tend to like shipgirl taylor fics to =/ i mean the modern destroyer class ships if the have a gun and not just all missles tend to use a single autoloading rapid fire 10 inch gun
She is actually the exact same ship as in the original, just classified differently. Basically the only difference is that she has more powerful engines, so she's still the 8400 ton, nine six-inch gunned, mid-weight cruiser as before. The change in classification is due to the introduction of some alternate history that will be coming out as the story progresses.

so you've changed taylor from a large or heavy cruiser of the original version of this fic to a lighter that it's almost a destroyer class

Your mixing up my Taylor in Against the Odds, who is a Large Cruiser, with this Taylor. In Against the Deep, the original version of this story, Taylor was a Light Cruiser.

EDIT - And Imp'd and Sendai'd!

Naval guns on modern warships in the USN do not exceed 5" caliber, though the single mount is correct. The last 'big gun' cruisers were built at the end of WW2 -> Korean Conflict. The Iowas are the exception, not the rule.

Naval guns on modern warships in the USN do not exceed 5" caliber, though the single mount is correct. The last 'big gun' cruisers were built at the end of WW2 -> Korean Conflict. The Iowas are the exception, not the rule.
I thought the Zumwalts had 155mm (6.1 inch) guns for ammo commonality with the army, but aside from that, 5 inches (127mm) is the biggest. The Russians like their 130mm, because that was the biggest gun you could put on a destroyer under the treaty system, and they stuck with it ever since. The 76mm (3 inch) is actually looking like it might supplant the 5 inch.

I thought the Zumwalts had 155mm (6.1 inch) guns for ammo commonality with the army,
No, the AGS is not compatible with Army ammunition. It was suggested, but instead a projectile that was supposedly able to provide missile-like capabilities was selected. And promptly proved to cost as much as a missile and was canceled, leaving the Zums with useless guns.

And said foolish doesn't happen in this fic's timeline.

Last edited:
Back