A Golden Fortress hanging by a Chain (temp title)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

I was reading some Celestial Forge and Moon Shot fanfics over on QQ and got a bit inspired. The most common baseline setting for both seems to be Worm by Wildbow.

Those two subgenres over the past few months have become favorites and I wanted to write my own set of stories that was a combo of the two. After all Moon Shot is FrostPunk in Worm with zombies and meteors, and the Forge would serve as a tinker power.

The C-Forge's randomness though is a key part that I knew would cripple any projects. There's a web roller and within ten to twenty rolls I'll have landed something that would break the story too hard to recover. That's especially easy to see in the one, two, a three, … fourteen attempts that were scrapped within 20-50k words.

Thankfully mid-December I found something that would work. Aehriman's Celestial Catalogue on Space Battles in General Jumpchain Thread the 13th. "The basic idea here is that you (or your Jumper/character) will be receiving unlimited cosmic power without the need to run all over the universe collecting it. Like the Celestial Forge, the perks and items will come to you."

So my brilliant idea to spur my writing on was to use C-Catalogue purchase mechanics, but C-Forge earning. I'm also tweaking the way companions are gained.
Back