A Different Story of Civilization

Well, I finally completed it. This will probably be the largest book I have ever written; although Wikipedia editors did most of the grunt work. I came up with this idea primarily because I had many story ideas about a certain Native American tribe or African kingdom or Polynesian settlers becoming advanced and resisting European colonization. Then I realized that even if said group was powerful, all of the polities around them are weak, and the strong natives would be doomed in the long-run unless they colonized the polities themselves.

I wanted an alternate universe where the continents outside of Eurasia became just as advanced or even more advanced technologically and politically than the industrialized European empires. A Different Story of Civilization is essentially one large sourcebook to be used by Alternate History writers. That is how I am going to use it, and now, all of my readers can use it in the exact same fashion. If you want to write a story about horse archers on the Great Plains of North America, or rhino cavalry conquering Sub-Saharan Africa, or a massive civil war between Polynesians in the Pacific Ocean, or giant statues and palaces built by Aboriginal Australians, or Caribbean conquistadors destroying the relics of Ancient Greece, or native American musketeers quelling an incursion by naked blue Celtic warriors, you now can. You don't even have to try hard to worldbuild, all thanks to ADSOC. Even though this is the end of the sourcebook, this will not be the end of stories involving the ADSOC universe. This was merely the prologue to set the tone for potentially thousands of other great stories and timelines.

Back