1st SV Post Eva and Its a YGO:5Ds SI

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

Here's a rough draft I have for a random wake up...

Kuriboh

Self Insert Junkie
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

Here's a rough draft I have for a random wake up in Yugioh SI. No Idea if its good or If I should even bother continuing after this. So enjoy and if you feel like you need to flame than flame on! Your hate gives me strength.

Story Start

"Hey...Hey! You need to get up your going to miss your match!"

Slowly I wake up to someone gently shaking me. With a still fuzzy mind and blurry vision ,from an apparently deep sleep, I look up to see who woke me. Standing next to me is guy that looks really and I do mean really familiar. Hes wearing a black pair of jeans with orange knee pads and calf high boots and a black shirt that has some kind of weird red glyph on it. Over that theres a dark blue jacket with what looks like orange shoulder pads and elbow pads to match the knee pads. What really catches my attention though is his face, well his whole head to be honest. He has spiky black hair with bright golden highlights. It doesn't look like its being held up by gel at all. Weirder than his hair though is the golden line and triangle tattooed on his face.

Blinking rapidly before rubbing the sleep from my eyes I give my highly intelligent reply. "Hu...whazit?"

"You need to get up your duel is will be starting in ten minutes." He says to me, "thought you should be awake for it." He adds before walking over to lean on the wall by what looks like a window on the far side of the room. As he walks away I notice something that I really should have noticed faster when I looked at him. On his left arm is a duel disk But not one of those cheap little plastic things I randomly bought from Walmart back in the day. Nope this thing was a lot bigger and made out of metal.

'Damn that thing had to be expensive' I admire the ultra realistic accessory before sitting upright as I realize something else I really should have thought about the second I was woken up by some weirdo when the last thing I remember is going to bed last night.

'Wait a second who the hell is that and where the hell am I!' I think frantically as I gaze around the room. The room itself seems simple enough. Gray-blue walls and tiled floor, probably a 10ft high ceiling. A few tables with chairs are scattered throughout the room, a couple really nice flat-screens on the front wall. Further inspection reveals a set of lockers and benches lining the back wall and restaurant style padded booths which I currently find myself sitting in. The only weird thing is the oddly cartoon-ish look all the whole room has.

'Now that I think about it that guy looked like a damn cartoon too! If I had any idea where to get acid from I would think I was tripping right now." I comment to myself as I begin to calm down a fraction before my panic builds up once more. 'Again where the hell am I and how did I get here!" I scream mentally before darting my gaze around the room a second time finally noticing that its more than just me and tattoo guy in the room.

Standing or sitting in various positions around the room are a rather colorful bunch, each with their own duel disk either on or near their person. Theres someone wearing a guard type uniform by the door, a shady guy with faded blue hair sitting at a table, some guy dressed up in some kind of weird doctor/teacher getup sitting at another table. Then theres a really tall not to mention buff, like Brock Lesner buff, dark skinned guy leaning on the wall by tattoo face.

'Yea...lets NOT piss him off.' I think nervously before noticing the rooms last occupant. Sitting in one of the booths with her eyes closed is a girl with dark red hair. Her bangs are rolled up in a odd hair curler. She wears a unique red and white dress with a...I would say Victorian...yea I'm no fashion designer, lets just say it suits her. As if sensing my eyes on her she opened hers. Our gazes lock for what seems like hours but is only a few seconds. Her eyes are filled with a mixture of confidence, contempt, and...fear...perhaps? After a moment the conflicting emotions leave her eyes as her gaze sharpens and all that is left is the contempt. Contempt bordering on hate. Sweating slightly I look away as before getting that telltale feeling of needing a trip to the bathroom.

As I slide my way to the edge of my seat to leave the booth my foot makes contact with a silver suitcase. I pick it up and set it on the table before opening it to reveal yet another duel disk. But not just any duel disk it's the bad ass Chaos one from season four of Yu-Gi-Oh.

'Okay I guess this one is mine.' I decide gleefully while suppressing a very embarrassing fan-boy squeal.

Grabbing the case I make my way to the door and have the guard direct me to the bathroom.

'Okay Lets think this through.' I think to myself after using the toilet and begin washing my hands at the sink. 'So the last thing I remember is going to bed, then being woken up by some spiky headed biker looking guy. Everything looks like a damn cartoon...people included. Everyone has a realistic duel disk made out of metal and mine is the most bad ass of them all! So the only logical explanation I can come up with is I'm either dreaming or have been magically transported to the Yu-Gi-Oh world through some horribly cliché transportation dues ex machina bullshit that will never be properly explained and seems like a total cop out. Just like all the Self-Insert fan-fictions Ive gotten addicted to over the years.'

At that last thought I couldn't help bursting into laughter. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. After a minute or two I was able to regain control of myself. Wiping the tears from my eyes I catch sight of myself in the mirror. I have short spiky black hair, bright blue eyes that appear to have a slight glow? And thats all wrapped up with pale white skin. I'm wearing an open, sleeveless zip-up red hoodie with an plain white shirt underneath and a pair of cargo blue jeans as well as a pair of plain black sneakers on my feet. One black fingerless glove on my right hand, black sunglasses on my head, and a black studded belt with a small square box attached to it hanging around my waist finishes off my new look.

'Huh not too bad at all. I look a lot like I did when I used that anime photo converter on the Internet back in the day. Getting some sun wouldn't kill me though.' Shaking that errant thought from my mind I return to my earlier musings. 'Alright so I'm like ninety-nine point nine percent sure I'm dreaming. And I'm pretty sure I'm in one of the Yu-Gi-Oh shows but which one? I need to figure it out since tattoo face mentioned something about me having to dual...WAIT A TIC!' My whole body freezes as I put the pieces together. 'Black and gold spiky hair, tattoo on the face, and a voice that sounds like it would make the fan-girls swoon...HOLY SHIT! That was Yusei! Then that means I'm in 5DS! Fucking sweet! That was probably my favorite version of Yu-Gi-Oh.'

A knock from the door and the voice of the guard from before interrupts my very cool and skillful, thats my story and I'm sticking to it, happy dance.

"Mason Burns you need to make your way to the stadium your duel will be begin shortly."

'Huh I guess I'll be going by the name I came up with for that OC I wanted to use for that one fic I was going to write.' Snorting quietly I quickly dry my hands. 'Like my lazy ass was ever going to get around to that anyway.'

"Thanks for the heads up!" I reply, grabbing the case I open the door and start for the stadium. After following the signs and asking another generic, cookie cutter, guard for directions I finally found my way to the duelist entrance to the stadium. Setting the case on a nearby table and opening it, I remove the disk and slip it onto my left arm, a form fitting cushion expands automatically securing it in place. 'Damn thats cool!' I think excitedly waving my arm around to get used to the weight while admiring the sleek black and gray metal.

"Huh thought it would be heavier...now how do I work this thing?" I mumble to myself as I revert to the only tried and true method to help me solve my situation.

"Einey meany miney moe." I chant and start pushing random buttons. Suddenly the Life Point indicator lights up and on instinct I throw my arm to the side. Not a moment to soon is seems as the protrusion on the side slides open and the duel field expands in all its scythe-like glory. After wiping away a "manly" tear from the sheer awesome, I run my finger along the the blade's length and flinch. 'Damn...thats pretty sharp.' I think as I suck on my finger to stanch the bleeding while heading to the entrance after collapsing the disk back into it's more travel friendly state.

"Wait a second do I even have a deck on me?" I think, frantically patting my pockets as I near the entrance to the stadium. The cheering of the crowd increasing the closer I get to the large doors. Flailing about in an overly dramatic show of panic my arm brushes the storage box hanging from my belt. Opening it quickly I find to my relief what looks like a full deck. "Oh thank god, that would have been embarrassing!" I exclaim just as I hear my "name" being called. Sliding the deck into its slot in the disk I watch the cards shuffle automatically.

"Welp...let's make the most of this dream!" I say to no one in particular, flipping my shades down as I doors begin to rise. After one last calming breath I enter the stadium.

-3rd Person POV-

"LADIES AND GENTELEMEN WELCOME TO THE THIRD MATCH OF KAIBA CORPS FIRST ANNUAL FORTUNE CUP!" A man in a pink suit and huge gravity defying hair, not to mention a voice that sounds suspiciously like English-dubbed Goku from Dragon Ball Z, yells enthusiastically into a microphone. His voice echoing around the stadium packed with thousands of people. Each of them cheering just as enthusiastically. "LET US DO A QUICK RECAP FOR ANY WHO MAY HAVE HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO MISS THE FIRST TWO MATCHES!" He announces, enthusiasm rising with every word. "MATCH ONE WAS THE BATTLE OF MACHINES BETWEEN THE HULKING FIGURE THAT IS BOMBER AND THE LITTLE MISS OF DUELING LUKA! TRY AS SHE MIGHT HER ARMY OF MORPHTRONICS COULD NOT OVERCOME THE OVERWHELMING POWER OF THE FLYING FORTRESS SKYFIRE! MATCH TWO WAS OUR FIRST RIDING DUEL OF THE COMPETITION BETWEEN SATELITE'S OWN YUSEI FUDO AND TOURNAMENT CRASHER HUNTER PACE. IT WAS A CLOSE DUEL BUT YUSEI OVERCAME ALL ODDS AND TRIUMPHED WITH HIS MASTERFUL SYNCHRO SUMMONING ABILITY!"

With every word that left his lips the crowds excitement sky rocketed. Cheering not only for the glory of the previous matches but to call for the start of the next match.

"NOW WE MOVE ONTO THE THIRD MATCH OF ROUND ONE!" As the last word leaves his lips two large garage style doors on either side of the duel field begin rising. "FIRST UP WE HAVE A NEWCOMER MAKING HIS DEBUT TO THE WORLD OF DUELING, BUT DON'T LET THAT DISCOURGE YOU FOLKS! ALL THIS MEANS IS THAT EVERY TRICK IN THIS YOUNG DUELIST'S ARSENAL WILL BE A COMPLETE SURPRISE TO NOT JUST HIS OPPONENTS, BUT ALL OF US AS WELL! NOW GIVE IT UP FOR THE UNKNOWN UNDERDOG MASON BURNS!" He calls out with a dramatic motion to one side of the field where a young teen wearing a red hoodie, dark sunglasses, and a black duel disk slowly makes his way to his side of the field. Looking around the stadium he is unable to conceal his awe of seeing such a large crowd screaming their heads off.

During the teens introduction two individuals gaze down from a private box high above the the stands, while a third lounges lazily upon a plush white sofa.

"Lazar have we been able to find anything out about this young man?" A tall silver haired man in a light gray-blue suit, Rex Goodwin director of both Kaiba Corp and Sector Security; asked the shorter man that was wearing clown make-up for some odd reason at his side.

"No Director Goodwin, so far we have been unable to find any information about him or how he received the invitation meant for Gill Randsborg." Shoulders slumped from his failure Lazar, Goodwin's second in command, replied morosely before his mood did a one eighty. "No matter! The Black Rose will soon deal with him for us hehehe!" He simpered excitedly before emitting a high pitch and snobbish laugh while covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

'I wonder...' Goodwin thought while rubbing his chin as he examined the the head shot of Mason Burns, focusing intently on his vivid blue eyes.

"It doesn't matter how he got here or who he is!" A loud voice called drawing his attention away from the photo. "Hes just some no name amateur who will learn he isn't worth the King's time. I doubt he'll even get pass his second turn!"

Withholding a sigh the Director turned to the teen reclining upon the couch enjoying a cup of tea without a care in the world.

"Of course he would be no match for you Jack. Though the fact that he seems to have literally appeared out of no where is somewhat concerning." Goodwin replied to the now identified Jack Atlas. Current King of Riding Duels and over inflated egos.

"Hmph! Then just detain him after he loses and get you're answers then" Jack grunts out before returning to his tea.

"An excellent idea Jack!" The clown man responds sucking up to the teen.

"Let us see how he fairs in his duel." Goodwin decides. "While it is highly unlikely he will be able to beat a possible signer, we shouldn't discount any anomaly that could hinder the resurrection of the Crimson Dragon."

"Of course Director." Lazar quickly agrees.

-Break-

'Damn all this cheering is pretty infectious.' I think, before the announcer's voice booms over the crowd once more.

"AND NOW HIS OPPONENT THE LOVELY AKIZA!"

Across from my place on the field the other set of doors opens to reveal the scowling red-head. Silently she makes her way to her side of the field, eyes focused on the ground. She doesn't look up until she reaches her spot on the field and activates her Duel Disk. Following her lead I hit the button and hold my arm out to the side as the blade unfolds itself again.

"Let's have some fun!" I call to her excitedly.....and she responds by trying to light my head on fire with her glare.

Yea sooooo much fun I deadpan in my head while I draw my opening hand. Welp only one thing left to be said at this point.

DUEL!

End

Synchro era was the best. I'm curious to see what deck you're running.
That was actually a real pain in the ass to decide. It is really, REALLY hard to make a deck that doesn't nerf every characters deck by default. I think I spent more time on YGO Pro making and remaking the deck until it wouldn't be just auto win without divine author intervention giving the main charters bad/good draws.

Back