Why don't you just shoot them: A Worm riot quest

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

A riot quest based around taking Brockton Bay away from the villains - including the PRT. Second attempt.
op
So, never taunt fate. You did, by saying, foolishly, that a bunch of soldiers and an application of military tactics could take out most of the threats in Worm. So when you were struck by lightning and found yourself in the void, confronted by a smirking Q, you knew shit had hit the fan. "Now, I can't have you dying too quickly, so I'm giving you regeneration and immunity to Contessa in addition to the summoning and knowledge download," the Q said as you looked on, internally panicking. "As to the setting, it's going to be Brockton, let's not kid ourselves, and your objective is to take over the city and drive out any force aside from yourself. As to the Endbringers, I've made sure they won't attack Brockton. If you succeed, I'll take care of both them and Scion permanently. Now, it's up to you who to choose as your main force. They're all from WWII, but will follow you without question. Given the Nazis and ABB in Brockton, I'm disallowing the Axis. I wouldn't let you choose the Italians, after all, I want this to last a while!"

What side do you choose?
[]USA: Combined arms, middle of the road
[]Britain: SAS, sneaky shit, option for canadian or ANZAC units
[]Soviets: Cheap infantry, quicker access to heavy artillery and immediate access to emplacements. Suffer in the mobility department until late game.

A/N: The way this works, is all of you vote on an army. Once that is chosen, each vote will count as a single squad/vehicle/piece of artillery. I will, over time, add new available squads/vehicles/artillery. Initially, there will be only 10 infantry squads (15 if Soviet), with myself acting as the General and giving vague objectives you have to complete.

Soviets brought over 34.4 million troops to WW2. USA brought over 16.3 million. Great Britain about 5.8 million, Canada 1.1 million, Australia 1 million, and New Zealand 204 thousand troops. Just for reference.
[X] Great Britain, Canada, and ANZAC.

[X] Soviets

Our goal is to take over the city and drive everyone else out, hard to do that stealthily, and given our goal is only a single city, their strength being numbers and long range firepower they shouldn't need much mobility beyond a few requisitioned trucks to get the job done, and once they're entrenched Stalingrad is known for a reason.

On the Funny side communists showing up in the mess of Nazi's, Asian xenophobes, a "Mastermind", and a long reaching government will be interesting, even more so when there are plenty of downtrodden who may join us simply because we seem to be winning without much powers.

Vote Closed!
Adhoc vote count started by DiscordOxymoron on Aug 24, 2024 at 6:08 AM, finished with 19 posts and 18 votes.

Spawning in
"Well, you've chosen, so let's get you set up, eh?" With a snap of his fingers, you find yourself standing in a dilapidated warehouse surrounded by soldiers. You look around at the men, who look back at you, questioningly. In front of you is a crate, on which sits a map of Brockton Bay. You stride over to it and look down. Quadrants of the map are shaded in different colors, denoting areas of control of the city by the gangs and PRT. You let in a breath, then let it out. Time to get going.

Objective 1: Prevent General from dying (Reward: Continued existence)
Objective 2: Seize territory in the Docks (Reward: T-34)
-Sub-Objective 1: Ensure survival of Dockworkers Association (Reward: HMG)
-Sub-Objective 2: Seize Merchant safehouses/stashes (0/10) (Reward: BA-64)
-Sub-Objective 3: Eliminate Merchant minor capes (Fatass, Chunder, Snot Goblin) (Reward: Medic)

A/N: How this will work, is I will roll a d6 for each encounter. The higher roller wins. As you gain experience and upgrades, I will roll more dice as will your opponents. I reserve the right to change this method at any point if I think of something better. There are 15 squads. Feel free to name and customize them as you see fit. Omakes and art give a +1 to a roll for the mentioned squad. Any squads not voted for will be controlled by myself. If casualties are taken, a unit must rest for a turn to replenish or suffer increasing penalties. Assume supplies for your troops are infinite i.e. ammo+grenades never run out.

Back