Undertale (blind pacifist run)

Introduction

Hello! I've just started doing a blind pacifist playthrough of Undertale and would love to share my experience with you all.

I love this game, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time. I'll be avoiding reading the comments until I'm done recording my run, but please do let me know what you think! I will get a friend to read them for me to censor spoilers. He's also the one who told me there's different endings, but not how to achieve them.

Don't know what Undertale is? It's an rpg that turns all the standards and cliches on their heads. It's a game where you don't have to kill anyone. The combat system is unique and the game is full of hilarious puns and jokes. It's amazing, see for yourself!

I was purposely vague to avoid spoiling anything, but if you want more details, here they are:

Description

(taken from Wikipedia)

Undertale (also stylized as UnderTale or UNDERTALE) is a role-playing video game developed and published by indie developer tobyfox. The game was written, designed, and composed for by creator Toby Fox, with additional artwork by Temmie Chang, and was released for Microsoft Windows and OS X on 15 September 2015.

In Undertale, the player controls a human child as they navigate the fictional Underground: a large, secluded region underneath the surface of the Earth. The inhabitants of the Underground are called "monsters", a diverse and intelligent group who have been banished from the surface following a war with humanity. The child interacts with many monsters on their quest to return to the surface, with the player making decisions on whether to kill or befriend them. These choices affect the outcome of the game to a large degree, with the dialogue and story outcome changing based on their decisions.

The game received acclaim from video game critics, with particular praise for its writing and characters. Reviewers enjoyed the game's intuitive combat system, the contrast of its witty humor with a dark story, breaking the fourth wall, as well as its references to older role-playing games.

Videos

Playlist

Episode 1 - Determined to be good!

I meet a talking flower who teaches me about combat, get adopted by a goat mom who teaches me the value of communication, and befriend a depressed ghost. All while navigating ruins filled with puzzles and monsters. Fun times! :D

Other Info

If you'd like to know immediately when I upload new videos or fanart, you can follow me on Twitter. Thanks for giving me a look! ^_^

Last edited:
Nifty I guess, but if you know of the concept of the pacifist run, it's not really blind.

Nifty I guess, but if you know of the concept of the pacifist run, it's not really blind.
Actually I know about Pacifist because my friend told me there were three possible routes and the terms Pacifist, Neutral and Genocide are all over the internet.

I wasn't told how to achieve any of these, but it's fairly obvious what it means to be a pacifist and that's how I'm choosing to play.

Actually I know about Pacifist because my friend told me there were three possible routes and the terms Pacifist, Neutral and Genocide are all over the internet.

I wasn't told how to achieve any of these, but it's fairly obvious what it means to be a pacifist and that's how I'm choosing to play.
Well, okay then. I was a tad more spoiled then you (I was told how to obtain the endings), so I'm not going to say any more till you finish your first playthrough.

Just started this game myself a week ago. I suck at bullet hell so I'm dying frequently but it's very fun. I can see why it gets so much love.

Nice to hear you started recently too. I'm sorry you're having trouble, but glad you're having fun! I'm in love with the combat system. Not just the bullet hell part, but the whole Act and Mercy mechanics too.

Episode 2 - Alone again...

I learn some horrifying facts about spider baking, and completely unrelated to that get a slice of delicious butterscotch-cinnamon pie. Goat mom takes good care of me, but, when I ask how to leave the ruins, she leaves me alone again. :'(

Last edited:
Good Luck there mate, I've also started playing Undertale but I've spoiled some general parts of the story by myself. As such while you're doing a Blind Run, I'll be going for a No Save Run for my first time playthrough of it as such fact, I won't be sharing posting any of my reactions or outcomes anywhere but in my own memory.

I would like to wish us both Luck as we're to Achieve our respective Endings.

Good Luck there mate, I've also started playing Undertale but I've spoiled some general parts of the story by myself. As such while you're doing a Blind Run, I'll be going for a No Save Run for my first time playthrough of it as such fact, I won't be sharing posting any of my reactions or outcomes anywhere but in my own memory.

I would like to wish us both Luck as we're to Achieve our respective Endings.

Thanks, good luck to you too! A No Save Run sounds awesome! I'd love to watch it once I'm done with my own run.

Episode 3 - I'm going to mercy the hell out of you!

I confront Toriel and learn the truth. She's just trying to protect me, but she's going about it all wrong.
Ultimately, she forces me into a battle, but I refuse to fight. Despite things ending well, she says I can't return once I leave the ruins.
The game really tugs at my heartstrings in this episode. :'(

Episode 4 - Funnybones

In this episode I meet the skeleton brothers Sans and Papyrus! They're hilarious, I love these guys! :D

Apologies for the long delay to this video. I got sick and it's been taking me a while to recover. Updates should speed up again from here on out.

Oh wow, how'd I not notice this?
Hum. I'm not good at feedback, though. Not really sure what to do.

I'm glad you've managed to play the game relatively unspoiled. Hope you have fun~!

Oh wow, how'd I not notice this?
Hum. I'm not good at feedback, though. Not really sure what to do.

I'm glad you've managed to play the game relatively unspoiled. Hope you have fun~!
I understand having difficulty giving feedback. It takes me forever to write things sometimes.

Thanks for what you did write though, I really appreciate it! :D

In this episode I pet Lesser Dog. Madness ensues! I can't stop laughing! XD

I had some more health issues this week too, but the situation is improving. Hopefully I can start uploading twice a week or more soon.

Code:
* It's possible that you
  may have a problem.
*dies of rofls*

But just before you spared Lesser Dog, his ears were sticking out the bottom of the combat area box thing.

Last edited:
Code:
* It's possible that you
  may have a problem.
*dies of rofls*

But just before you spared Lesser Dog, his ears were sticking out the bottom of the combat area box thing.

Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And damn! I can't believe I missed that! Now I MUST do another play-through sometime just to see what would've happened if I had kept going! >>;

And you'd tried so hard not to miss anything too! Seriously, kudos for walking all the way out to find Toriel again!

And you'd tried so hard not to miss anything too! Seriously, kudos for walking all the way out to find Toriel again!

Yes, thank you! XD I was so happy to find her, but so disappointed I couldn't do more after that.

Regarding the videos, updates may slow down again for the next 3 days as I'm considering entering the Game Jolt GDC Jam. If that does happen, I'll upload normally again once it's over.

Back