Unable to edit a specific threadmarked post

Hi! So I was trying to edit a chapter of my fanfic for a typo a reader caught, but every time I try to, instead of opening the edit interface, the page either just reloads, or goes white and displays this text: A problem repeatedly occurred on "[page url]"

On safari and mobile. Link to the post: An Uncertain Magical Index. Other posts in that thread don't have the same issue.

Please try clearing your browser cache, and disabling any browser extensions. I can't find any server side errors touching threadmarks or that page (or editing), and when I open the post in an edit dialog it works fine.

Will do. It works on the space battles mirror, so it's probably something like that.

Did you ever find a solution for this problem or figure out what was causing it? I've encountered it twice now on one of my own threads, and have no idea what it could be. I don't even have any browser extensions installed in safari other than one adblocker. And I cleared my cache & history a few weeks ago when doing a phone update, too. I'll try again, but I doubt it'll help.

(Edit: It did not.)

Last edited:
Did you ever find a solution for this problem or figure out what was causing it? I've encountered it twice now on one of my own threads, and have no idea what it could be. I don't even have any browser extensions installed in safari other than one adblocker. And I cleared my cache & history a few weeks ago when doing a phone update, too. I'll try again, but I doubt it'll help.

(Edit: It did not.)
Nope. That specific chapter is still uneditable. Just checked.

Nope. That specific chapter is still uneditable. Just checked.

Do you happen to know if you used images or anchor point links in those chapters? That's literally the only thing that I can think of that I've done differently with this one. I know it isn't length; I've written vastly longer chapters in the past on other fics. (Pretty sure it's not an image thing, since my first chapter uses one too, but it could be a weird combo of things, or maybe a specific image format or something else weird.)

Last edited:
Do you happen to know if you used images or anchor point links in those chapters? That's literally the only thing that I can think of that I've done differently with this one. I know it isn't length; I've written vastly longer chapters in the past on other fics. (Pretty sure it's not an image thing, since my first chapter uses one too, but it could be a weird combo of things, or maybe a specific image format or something else weird.)
The only weird things I used were a header and charging the font in places.

If you use the button to toggle into BBCode mode somewhere else first (such as here), does that let you edit it?

If you use the button to toggle into BBCode mode somewhere else first (such as here), does that let you edit it?

It didn't fix it, but it did change the behavior slightly. It hung for a lot longer, looking like it was trying to actually load the editor, and instead of getting a tiny-font, SV-looking-style (only way i can describe it) error box at the top saying something went wrong, it times out and changes to safari's default blank black "something went wrong" screen.

Edit: Incidentally, in case it helps — I have other posts on that exact same page, and indeed one that immediately proceeds the bugged-out threadmark (The proceeding one being under Informational threadmarks instead of the main story one). That post I can edit just fine, so it's something to do with loading that specific story threadmark into the editor.

Last edited:
Back