"Pah! We all know how Greenskins in other parts of the world do diplomacy. Let's find our biggest,strongest orc, clad him in our finest gear and send him off with whatever envoys we decide to send there. Let us take control of the local Greenskin tribes the old way and then educate them on the joys of democracy."

"Once more the quality of plans that the representatives of the People present astounds me."

"Pah! We all know how Greenskins in other parts of the world do diplomacy. Let's find our biggest,strongest orc, clad him in our finest gear and send him off with whatever envoys we decide to send there. Let us take control of the local Greenskin tribes the old way and then educate them on the joys of democracy."
"What use is a philosophy that no one believes in?

It's fine to tear the nobles down to the level of the people but when we force our beliefs on the people we are no better then the nobles we claim to be so horrible."

"What use is a philosophy that no one believes in?

It's fine to tear the nobles down to the level of the people but when we force our beliefs on the people we are no better then the nobles we claim to be so horrible."

"Fine. If you feel so strongly about it, let's send our finest diplomats along to attempt and spread the message to the Greenskins of the Border Princes. If they get eaten, then we can try the other way I guess."

"Fine. If you feel so strongly about it, let's send our finest diplomats along to attempt and spread the message to the Greenskins of the Border Princes. If they get eaten, then we can try the other way I guess."
Not our finest diplomats! We need them alive, and not eaten or slaving for the Greenskins. Send the dumber ones.

Hmm,I think we should start in small country before hit the big league,but first thing first that we need printing press and enough number of educate people to made the revolution work.

"Odd, then that they were reported to have defeated a noble army last year. Perhaps you missed that news? Either that or my friends are quite behind the times."

"They flock to the banner of Gambert de Rambert. Who is well known to have been captured by the Elves.
This is obviously either:
-a sophisticated ploy by the nobility to cull potentially rebellious elements to compensate for the lack of knights caused by the errantry war
-a plot of the Elves, either those of that dreaded forest for their fey machinations or one of the Asur's darker kin
-The machinations of some darker power, taking into account just whose sacred number equals the amount of years between their appearance and the arrival of the grandfather's warriors in that area. Or, if you wish, the amount of years since their defeat. Nine for the deceiver. Six for the artist.

They reek of tools. If they are indeed not a conspiracy of the Tileans to make us overextend so they can pounce upon us in a moment of weakness.

Trouble is afoot in Bretonnia but I do not trust them to be fighting the good fight.

I'm afraid my family has mostly concerned themselves with the east after my ancestors joined one of the first caravans that came from Robbio and Ricco's expedition and fled to the west, past the lands of the Ogres.
Through their travels they witnessed a horrifically twisted interpretation of equalist ideology, where Dwarf oppressed greenskin. I don't think I'll find many a dwarf-brother on Sartosa will dispute the notion that those Dwarves living east of the World's Edge are horrible twisted evil beings but I digress.

My question was thus: was house Rambert really democratically minded or did they just advocate a more humane form of oppressing the proles to increase worker efficiency and reduce the number of uprisings?"

"I believe that we shouldn't throw money at them blindly but take stock of the rebellion, learn if their intentions are true and just and the men behind it leading for the people rather than their own gain.

If it is some darker plot by a false Gambert, or one corrupted by a inhuman power and the rebellion lasts long enough without victory for us to gather enough power.. well, a man may do more as a martyr and symbol than he did in life, no?

In any case, it's all talk for when we have coin and word to spread and men willing to risk their lives to bring us news of the world. And I think spreading the word among the ranks of those most likely to directly oppose us anyway is the best route if we cannot find firm friends in the greater world."

If it is some darker plot by a false Gambert, or one corrupted by a inhuman power and the rebellion lasts long enough without victory for us to gather enough power.. well, a man may do more as a martyr and symbol than he did in life, no?
The problem is, we'll be risking a lot here, if our involvement becomes open knowledge, at bare minimum, we've killed off any future revolts for years to come, and ensured the Bretonnian Navy will be paying us a visit. Which is bad.

The problem is, we'll be risking a lot here, if our involvement becomes open knowledge, at bare minimum, we've killed off any future revolts for years to come, and ensured the Bretonnian Navy will be paying us a visit. Which is bad.

"Risk is inherent to any change we attempt to bring to the masses. Did we not take great risks rising up against the pirate lords with their men used to slaughter? Did we not risk the wrath of the world when we so justly gave them what they deserved?

It is true, we could simply be a beacon of a better way and enlighten simply by our presence alone, trying to stand against whoever decides this island should be cleansed of freedom and justice for the people.. but we won't be the most inspiring to those out there like ourselves, we won't gain many allies, we won't inspire others to take up arms against oppression.

Safety and relevance are two opposing things in the world. That being said, taking the time to make sure we're allied with the right side and not some demon posing as a good man will.. take time. Time in which, hopefully, we will build up our own navy and sadly probably have to fight for our lives against the old man wanting to enslave us for his twisted vision of a goddess of justice.

I'm not advocating we start large weapon shipments or the like to Gambert next year or anything of the sort after all. We have so much we need to establish before we can begin to seek relevance to the greater world."

"Risk is inherent to any change we attempt to bring to the masses. Did we not take great risks rising up against the pirate lords with their men used to slaughter? Did we not risk the wrath of the world when we so justly gave them what they deserved?
I'm not advocating taking no risks, just not at the present time, and not with one of the top naval powers in the region. That being said, I'm not opposed to having some "volunteers" go and train their forces, along with some weapons. Maybe even use this as an excuse to implant the seeds of a proper resistance movement.

I'm not advocating taking no risks, just not at the present time, and not with one of the top naval powers in the region. That being said, I'm not opposed to having some "volunteers" go and train their forces, along with some weapons. Maybe even use this as an excuse to implant the seeds of a proper resistance movement.

"Quite frankly, given their defeat of the brettonian noble army, I wouldn't be surprised if they would end up teaching our experts. Gambert seems to have organized quite the force to be able to actually put up a resistance with a far worse ratio of them to their enemies compared to our own revolution.

I wasn't advocating we begin supply shipments or to send our armed forces to join them in open warfare in the next few years, but to send men to learn about the resistance and tell if they are true and their goals genuinely for the people. Then, if and only if we agree we can trust them, slowly supply them with what we can to help them in their war while we build up our nation more until a point is reached where sudden aid could turn the tide of their revolution against their overlords."

"Brettonia is the armpit of the world. A dirty, sweaty, noble ridden armpit. But only a fool would fail to recognise that their cavalry is the finest in the world and their noble class has the active support of a deity of great power. Infiltrators and diplomats must be sent to learn more about this rebelion. We need information above all else. Any overt involvement from our part will probably bring down an errantry war on their heads. Right now, the rest of those stuffy Dukes are probably laughing their ass off over this Duke's defeat on the hands of a bunch of peasants and robber knights. As long as we, they manage to keep it that way they have a chance for their rebellion to take root. If the rest of the Brettonian Dukes or worse their King suspect foreign involvement, they are history. If this peasant rebellion is legit, we must cultivate it slowly, bring in the local greenskins and all others willing in to it, fortify like crazy. Then and only then they have a chance of flourishing."

"Quite frankly, given their defeat of the brettonian noble army, I wouldn't be surprised if they would end up teaching our experts. Gambert seems to have organized quite the force to be able to actually put up a resistance with a far worse ratio of them to their enemies compared to our own revolution.
Even more of a reason then to try and secure as many volunteers and their families as possible. If they win, then they can be sent back. If not, then they escape the punishment of traitors. And we do not lose out on their expertise.

"Brettonia is the armpit of the world. A dirty, sweaty, noble ridden armpit. But only a fool would fail to recognise that their cavalry is the finest in the world and their noble class has the active support of a deity of great power. Infiltrators and diplomats must be sent to learn more about this rebelion. We need information above all else. Any overt involvement from our part will probably bring down an errantry war on their heads. Right now, the rest of those stuffy Dukes are probably laughing their ass off over this Duke's defeat on the hands of a bunch of peasants and robber knights. As long as we, they manage to keep it that way they have a chance for their rebellion to take root. If the rest of the Brettonian Dukes or worse their King suspect foreign involvement, they are history. If this peasant rebellion is legit, we must cultivate it slowly, bring in the local greenskins and all others willing in to it, fortify like crazy. Then and only then they have a chance of flourishing."

"As a Brettonian, I mostly agree, but what's wrong with armpits. They help the body, don't they? Like, sweating off bad stuff and the like? Anyways, by the Lady, don't talk 'bout my people like we aren't as much a part of it as the rest of you. I made decisions jus' like you fancy high-and-mighty people with your lit-racy and all that, and I'm now a proud fish merchant."

"As a Brettonian, I mostly agree, but what's wrong with armpits. They help the body, don't they? Like, sweating off bad stuff and the like? Anyways, by the Lady, don't talk 'bout my people like we aren't as much a part of it as the rest of you. I made decisions jus' like you fancy high-and-mighty people with your lit-racy and all that, and I'm now a proud fish merchant."

"By the Lady huh? Well there is no accounting for taste I suppose. It goes without saying that the final decision of their fate belong to the people of Brettonia. But we need more information and fast."

Even more of a reason then to try and secure as many volunteers and their families as possible. If they win, then they can be sent back. If not, then they escape the punishment of traitors. And we do not lose out on their expertise.

"..Ah. You're advocating forcing people to go fight for their revolution if I understand you correctly? I'm not entirely certain why you think that is advisable or necessary when we have an island full of people filled with excitement about the cause."

"My friend, you live here now, part of our community, you ply your trade in the city we have. You may be Brettonian in origin, but you are Sartosan in nationality, as we all are.

But, the point is made that there are indeed trustworthy Brettonian men and women out there, eager to fight for freedom and we should not dismiss the nation out of hand.

And I still remain confused as to why people think we can negotiate with greenskins that haven't had their minds and souls twisted by powerful magics to the point the same amount could make a man a skaven.."

"By the Lady huh? Well there is no accounting for taste I suppose. It goes without saying that the final decision of their fate belong to the people of Brettonia. But we need more information and fast."

"On that I feel, we are all agreed. We must learn and then on learning we may decide what to do with more informed minds!"

"..Ah. You're advocating forcing people to go fight for their revolution if I understand you correctly? I'm not entirely certain why you think that is advisable or necessary when we have an island full of people filled with excitement about the cause."

"My friend, you live here now, part of our community, you ply your trade in the city we have. You may be Brettonian in origin, but you are Sartosan in nationality, as we all are.

But, the point is made that there are indeed trustworthy Brettonian men and women out there, eager to fight for freedom and we should not dismiss the nation out of hand.

And I still remain confused as to why people think we can negotiate with greenskins that haven't had their minds and souls twisted by powerful magics to the point the same amount could make a man a skaven.."

"On that I feel, we are all agreed. We must learn and then on learning we may decide what to do with more informed minds!"

"We probably can't. But the effort has to be made before resorting to other methods I suppose. What ifs are the bane of all discussion so lets eliminate that one at least."

No, what I want is to ensure that we do not let the fires of freedom die out in case the Bretonnians somehow win. The fact that it'd boost our populations and fill up some of our empty space is an added bonus.

"On my part at least I sought not to cause offense. The Honoured Elder is a grandfather to all who accept him.
*a second fly is being enticed to join the dance of the unseen. Will it dance?*
I was simply arguing in regards to Bretonnia's might relative to us. They would pop us like a zit at this juncture if they sought to do us ill. Far better for ourselves to first spread to those less able to resist us rather than to jump to the aid of your countrymen after the first few symptoms of change. Especially when our diagnosis of the situation might be in error.

Before we help others we must first help ourselves.

Sartosa itself is still healing from the ravages of our revolution. What assistance could we hope to offer to those who might consort with dark powers(or worse, nobles, even if they are less oppressive than their counterparts)? If it bears fruit, we should trade with them, learn from them. If it does not? Take them in and do the same."

ugh! sorry guys... i was supposed to update but everything i typed is gone! my laptop got a blue screen of death as i was about to post it!:mad:
i'm too depressed to re-write everything...:cry: (all that work and inspiration gone!)

but here, have these hints of some of the things that were supposed to be in this update...
- a wedding
- maginot line
- russia
- switzerland
- new colony
- a lot of assassinations (lincoln, kennedy, franz ferdinand)
- mongols
- australia
- religious reforms

... i'm so sad...:(

edit: I will really try to regain my muse though... the people's will must be brought to the world of warhammer!

Last edited:
Have you considered using Google Documents?

It saves your work while you type to something independent of your computer, and thus if your computer suddenly blue screens it is perfectly safe.

Back