Should we have plan voting in this quest?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

You are a living weapon created for the sole purpose of defending humanity from supernatural threats. Here's to hoping you survive!
Character Creation 1

The Name of Love

Banned Forever
Banned
Character Creation 1

The Noise. Alien creatures whose very existence violates the laws of physics. They bring death and destruction wherever they go. Ten years ago, these creatures started attacking mankind. They would appear out of thin air, kill a bunch of people, and then disappear. As entire cities were began being killed off, mankind sought desperately to defend themselves against these monsters.

In order fight the Noise, two weapons were created using the latest technology and the blackest of black arts.

The first weapon was the FG-Type Revolution Specialized Armor, a techno-magical system that works by drawing upon the magic inherent in ancient relic fragments using the power of song. By singing, wielders of this armor increase their phonic gain, allowing them to tap into powers only seen in myths and legend. The "Symphogear" (as it was latter dubbed) is the ultimate Noise-killing device.

The second weapon was you. You were born and bred to be a soldier for your country. At an early age, you were found to be compatible with your chosen relic and were bestowed a Symphogear tailor-made for you. Now, at the tender age of fourteen, you are the world's foremost Noise-fighting warrior. Of course, this has come at a terrible cost; you never had an ordinary childhood, you never knew your parents, and you are destined to fight until the day you die. But for the good of your country – for the good of the world – it's a small price to pay.

This is your story, the story of a living weapon that learned to sing. The story of a Symphogear Adaptor.

Hello, and welcome to the Symphogear Adaptor AU Quest! I hope to have fun with it. It's a quest meant to be played by both fans of the anime and by people who have never seen the anime (which I recommend highly). As this takes place in another universe, you don't have to know every little bit about canon to enjoy the story.

Here, you play a child soldier raised from birth to defend her country from the Noise and other supernatural threats. You guide her through both battle and through social interactions. Your goal is to defeat the Noise once and for all and save humanity.

The Symphogear Adaptor AU Quest will be using a Plan-based system. When you have more than one option in a chapter, you will create a plan for the character. For this first step, you will be in charge of creating a character.

What is your name?

[X] Write-in

What do you look like?

[X] Appearance 1

[X] Appearance 2

[X] Appearance 3

[X] Appearance 4

[X] Appearance 5

[X] Write-in

Which country are you from?

[X] Japan: Guarded by the powerful Kazanari clan, the island nation of Japan has risen to prominence in recent years thanks to the work of its brilliant scientists. The sentinels of this country are fearless and fierce, and you are proud to count yourself among them.
-Commander: Genjuro Kazanari, a member of the illustrious Kazanari clan, a family of sentinels who have defended Japan since ancient times. He's a hot-blooded martial artist.
-Vice-Commander: Shinji Ogawa, a member of the Ogawa ninja clan. Cool, calm, and collected at all times.
-Head Scientist: Ryoko Sakurai, an eccentric, energetic super-genius woman. Came up with the Sakurai Theory, the proposal that Relics can be powered up through song.
-Possible Relics: Murakumo, Tsukuyomi, Brisingamen

[X] America: It's still the strongest military in the world by a long shot, so of course it'll have the resources to fund the creation of the Symphogear. As belligerent as the American military may be, people still look up to and respect the Flag, including you.
-Commander: Samantha Acampora, an iron lady known for her long and decorated military service. She's the first to do the impossible and kill Noise.
-Vice-Commander: Oswald Curtis, an experienced soldier and a gentleman. He has a kindly disposition towards everyone he meets.
-Head Scientist: Dr. John Wayne Vercingtorix, one of the smartest men on the planet and the foremost expert on heretical technology in America. He's also kind of bonkers.
-Possible Relics: Nehushstan, Aigis, Hermes

[X] Germany: The unofficial capital state of the European Union and an economic superpower in its own right, one you serve with dignity. It's home to a venerable tradition of alchemy that they draw upon even now, helping to create the magic armor you use today.
-Commander: Anton Teufel, a leader who is competent with all things pertaining to leadership. He is a bit of a loudmouth though.
-Vice-Commander: Artur Riess, Teufel's right-hand man who's a lot more personable than his boss but no less competent.
-Head Scientist: Carol Malus Dienheim, a surly centuries-old alchemist. She looks like a Touhou character.
-Possible Relics: Mjolnir, Gleipnir, Kersnik

What are some character traits that you have? Pick two of the below.

[X] Nerdy: You are a little Miss Know-It-All.
+ You read everything from science articles to manga and try to memorize everything you read.
+ You are knowledgeable about a wide range of topics.
+ You love to learn.

[X] Beautiful: You are really good-looking.
+ Like, hot damn. Genetics have sure been kind to you.
+ You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside too.
+ You have confidence in spades as a result of this.

[X] Fierce: People better watch out if you're in the room.
+ You've got some bite on you, and you won't let others walk over you.
+ Your temper is something to watch out for.
+ You are assertive enough so that people listen if you've got something to say.

[X] Meek: You know what the good book says about the meek, right?
+ You are patient, humble, and kind.
+ You appear unassuming and harmless, so everyone's happy to be your friend.
+ Your outward submissiveness belies an inner strength that can't be denied.

[X] Heroic: Don't worry, citizens! The hero is here!
+ You have dreamt of being a superhero since you were very young.
+ You put your life on the line to protect the innocent and fight evil.
+ No matter what happens, you will save the day with a smile.

[X] Optimistic: I'm fine, everything's going to be okay!
+ You do your best to maintain a positive outlook, even in darker times.
+ Even in the face of overwhelming terror, traumatizing situations, etc. you have a smile on your face.
+ Your positive attitude can break during times of extreme stress/anger.

[X] Stoic: Jiiiiiiiiiiiii…
+ You aren't very emotive. Your default expression is blank and serious.
+ You approach life with a dispassionate perspective.
+ No matter the situation, you are able to put off an air of calmness.

[X] Honorable: Your word is your bond and your strength.
+ You adhere to a strict code of honor that you draw strength from in times of need.
+ You have a healthy respect for authority and prefer to do things by the book.
+ You'd never break a promise if you can help it.

[X] Write-in: There are an endless number of character traits one could have. Go nuts!

Now surely, you must have some character flaw. What is it? Pick one of the below.

[X] Hedonistic: You won't be denied the simple pleasures of life.
+ You want to make up for having your childhood stolen from you by your training.
- You are an inconsolable hedonist always looking for new, pleasurable experiences.
- You primarily want food, sleep, and sex (mainly food), and are inconsolable without them.

[X] Hyper-Competitive: If life's a game, then you can't afford to lose!
+ You see everything as a competition, and you're determined to win.
- You have difficulty seeing others as anything but rivals you must surpass.
- You are a really, really sore loser.

[X] Self-Doubting: You're cursed…
+ You don't have a high opinion of yourself.
- Though you act otherwise, you doubt yourself constantly.
- You always have the sinking suspicion that you've messed up, no matter what you do.

[X] Aristocratic: You are so much better than all of those peons.
+ You don't mind having been raised a child soldier. In fact, you are proud of your heritage.
- You think it makes you better than everyone else.
- You think of yourself as the living weapon first and a person second.

[X] Friendship-Hungry: You are lonely, so lonely. All you want is a friend.
+ You really just want someone to talk to you, someone for you to lean on.
- You are, unfortunately, very clingy.
- If anything happened to them, you don't know what you'd do.

[X] Write-in: As long as it's an actual flaw, you can choose it.

I hope you all have fun!

Last edited:
Hmm. So a year before the concert. Will Tsubasa and Kanade show up if we pick Japan, since their Relics aren't available, or are they not present in this AU?

Hmm. So a year before the concert. Will Tsubasa and Kanade show up if we pick Japan, since their Relics aren't available, or are they not present in this AU?
Why do you think it's a year before the events of episode one?

Other Symphogear adaptors will show up depending on your decisions. But you are the very first.

[X] Germany

Plan: Heroine who hopes to find friends (and perhaps love~) through wielding the Symphogear is a go!

Woot. Just started up the series last week so here we go...

I don't think I recognise any of the names or relics but I'd lean on Germany because Touhou look alike (I mean, look at my avatar).

Going to guess meek and fierce either means we're calm most of the time with either flashes of it during battle or will occasionally shut someone down haaaard if they're being an idiot. Perhaps a snarky servant type attitude?

For a flaw I'm thinking something like jealousy or envy as a write in. Make it so we are really good at learning/copying/stealing what other people do and are good at but I also makes us abrasive since we're constantly annoyed with people and whatever situation we find ourselves in. A sort of constant restlessness for what we don't or may not have.

I don't think I recognise any of the names or relics but I'd lean on Germany because Touhou look alike (I mean, look at my avatar).

Several of them are XDU or fanfic characters. (Carol isn't, FWIW)

Are you not familiar with how plans work in quests?

No, I am. I just wasn't presenting a proper plan there. If you insist I do so...

[X] Plan: Friendship Through Heroism
-[X] Sibylle Meier
-[X] Appearance 3
-[X] Germany.
-[X] Heroic: Don't worry, citizens! The hero is here!
-[X] Honorable: Your word is your bond and your strength.
-[X] Friendship-Hungry: You are lonely, so lonely. All you want is a friend.

EDIT: And of course, I forget the name and appearance. Gimme a moment.

Last edited:
No, I am. I just wasn't presenting a proper plan there. If you insist I do so...

[X] Plan: Friendship Through Heroism
-[X] Germany
You may want to edit this. You didn't choose a name, an appearance, or a second character trait.

Why do you think it's a year before the events of episode one?

Other Symphogear adaptors will show up depending on your decisions. But you are the very first.
Well, Ryouko says in episode 4 that the Noise showed up 13 years ago. That's two years post concert. Since this is ten years since the Noise started attacking, that means it's three years until then. So, one year to the concert. But apparently Tsubasa doesn't have Ame No Habaikiri yet, so I guess this is actually earlier.
[X] Germany

Plan: Heroine who hopes to find friends (and perhaps love~) through wielding the Symphogear is a go!
That's a little poorly formatted. Don't worry, I got this.

[X] Plan A Heroine in need of friends
-[X] Elsa Weiner
-[X] Appearance 3
-[X] Germany
-[X] Friendship-Hungry: You are lonely, so lonely. All you want is a friend

Pros of this plan:

- Lawful Good, ho!

- We'll get along well with Tsubasa, as well as Hibiki, if they show up.

- We won't have to put up with Fudou's shit.

- CAROL MALUS DIENHAM, GENOCIDER OF MIRACLES, is on our team. We may be able to convince her to not blow up the planet, and she'll be hilariously OP as backup if we get in over our heads.

Cons of this plan:

- Being in Germany means less contact with canon characters, so no Commander Badass for us and we'll have less time to befriend the girls.

- CAROL MALUS DIENHAM, GENOCIDER OF MIRACLES, is on our team. We may not be able to convince her not to blow up the planet, and she's hilariously OP.

- Relatively weak Relic selection, with only Mjolnir offering a lot of real punch. Might be surprised though.

Well, Ryouko says in episode 4 that the Noise showed up 13 years ago. That's two years post concert. Since this is ten years since the Noise started attacking, that means it's three years until then. So, one year to the concert. But apparently Tsubasa doesn't have Ame No Habaikiri yet, so I guess this is actually earlier.

That's a little poorly formatted. Don't worry, I got this.

[X] Plan A Heroine in need of friends
-[X] Elsa Weiner
-[X] Appearance 3
-[X] Germany
-[X] Friendship-Hungry: You are lonely, so lonely. All you want is a friend

I already fixed it. :p

Although come to think of it, your appearance is a better choice.

Cons of this plan:

- Being in Germany means less contact with canon characters, so no Commander Badass for us and we'll have less time to befriend the girls.

- CAROL MALUS DIENHAM, GENOCIDER OF MIRACLES, is on our team. We may not be able to convince her not to blow up the planet, and she's hilariously OP.

- Relatively weak Relic selection, with only Mjolnir offering a lot of real punch. Might be surprised though.

You forgot "may have to deal with the literal Illuminati before we might be ready".

Last edited:
[X] To Be A Hero
-[X] Celia Nostrum
-[X] Punch Princess
-[X] America
-[X] Beautiful
-[X] Heroic

Leaning really hard into those "Silver Age Superhero" memes here. Photogenic, pure of heart, and monstrously powerful in universe. Much like such superheroes though, it doesn't give them the human connection that they actually want in life, and so they are obligated to maintain a sekrit identity that cannot be revealed lest it put the squishies at risk!

We even have our own quirky supervillain in the form of DOCTOR VER!

And I think he's enough of a weirdo that he'd actually buy into that.

The point is, you pretty much have to lean into some kind of meme to be an interesting Symphogear character. We've got Kung Fu Movie Girl, we've got Samurai Flick J-Pop Idol, we've got Hard Rock Literal Guns & Roses Girl as the base three alone!

Silver Age Superheroine fits like a glove

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the Illuminati are a thing. Yeah, add that to the cons list. I mean we have CAROL MALUS DIENHAM on our side, but she might not decide we're worth fighting Adam for.

It's an AU that's actually earlier. I'll post exact dates later.

[X] Plan: White Haired Hero
-[X] Illyasviel von Edelfelt
-[X] Appearance 4
-[X] Germany
-[X] Fierce: People better watch out if you're in the room.
-[X] Self-Doubting: You're cursed…

I would point out that it's not impossible to kill Noise conventionally.

It just requires a lot of firepower or inhuman reactions. When they've phased in to kill, they're vulnerable to conventional attacks in that window, so a stray attack hitting them from a gunline in that window would be fatal.

It was said that Genjuro actually has a good shot at killing Noise on his own, it's just that he could only do it one on one, and if he fucks it up it'd be instant death.

What the Symphogears do is allow you to hurt Noise all the time instead of only in the window where they're striking to kill.

Last edited:
was this 'impossible' because she did it without a Gear/Relic?

It just requires a lot of bullets or inhuman reactions. When they've phased in to kill, they're vulnerable to conventional attacks in that window.

For the record, Samantha Acompora is actually a character from my fic (although she's a villain there for reasons not applicable to this AU) whom The Name is borrowing. As she explains herself:

"They say you managed to kill some of the original Noise. The ones from the Treasury of Babylon."

"Yeah. I'm guessing you want to know how?" Samantha stood up as she finished putting on her shoes, grabbing a hat off a rack to hide her hair. It was a rule they had to go out in some kind of disguise now. No point in repeating Caprice's mistake. "Did you ever face the Noise, Sargeant?"

Voronin shook his head. "Never was that unlucky. Only ever had to deal with Alca-Noise…"

Samantha paused, considering how to put it. "You know that thing the Noise do when they want to travel a long distance quickly, so they stretch themselves out?"

"Yeah, I heard about that." Voronin said, making a micro adjustment on his scope.

"Well when they do it, they have to phase-in with our reality."

"So you hit 'em then." The Russian nodded. "How many were you facing?"

"About a couple dozen, the first time around."

"Wait, seriously?" Now Voronin looked over skeptically. "You managed to hit dozens of Noise in the second or two they do that elongated-speedy thing? I couldn't do that, and I know I'm a better shot than you are, Lieutenant."

"Nah, I only got like a quarter of them with my guns. As for the rest… well, it turns out the Noise aren't smart enough not to try and do it through trip-wires. Exploited the hell out of that the second time." Samantha swung the door open. "Keep an eye out, Sargeant."

This does have canon basis: it's when Genjuro manages his Noise kills in S1, episode 8.

Last edited:
was this 'impossible' because she did it without a Gear/Relic?
I would point out that it's not impossible to kill Noise conventionally.

It just requires a lot of firepower or inhuman reactions. When they've phased in to kill, they're vulnerable to conventional attacks in that window, so a stray attack hitting them from a gunline in that window would be fatal.

It was said that Genjuro actually has a good shot at killing Noise on his own, it's just that he could only do it one on one, and if he fucks it up it'd be instant death.

What the Symphogears do is allow you to hurt Noise all the time instead of only in the window where they're striking to kill.
^ This. Acampora is from Nuker's fic Distortions, where she's one of the bad guys. She's basically what would happen if you gave a Delta Force operative Genjuro level reflexes, an assault rifle, and a shit ton of Noise that want to kill them, and told them to go nuts.

*blinks*
How the hell did 2div fasttalk Japan into letting them take a chunk out of two of the three Imperial Regalia/Three Sacred Treasures?
(Admittedly in Symphogear the Kazanaris are the ones taking care of Kusanagi/Murakumo, which makes it a bit more plausible via only having to fasttalk everyone's favorite old man.)
Several of them are XDU or fanfic characters. (Carol isn't, FWIW)
I recognise all but Europe's non-GENOCIDE lot, are they fanfics too?
(All relics are ones from XDU, on the other hand, though obviously Murakamo and Nehustan showed in canon.)
^ This. Acampora is from Nuker's fic Distortions, where she's one of the bad guys. She's basically what would happen if you gave a Delta Force operative Genjuro level reflexes, an assault rifle, and a shit ton of Noise that want to kill them, and told them to go nuts.
For those unfamiliar with that fic, she's presumably on the side of good here because A)No yandereloop Mikugear inadvertently killing family members and B)She didn't hear the badguy's pitch and go "Okay, I believe you."

(Now to get back to work on my own Gear quest idea, I don't have strong feelings about character selection ATM.)

[X] Plan: Maid of Jealousy
-[X] Noel Able
-[X] Not actually a maid
-[X] Germany
-[X] Fierce: People better watch out if you're in the room.
-[X] Meek: You know what the good book says about the meek, right?

-[X] (Write in!) Want: You're almost never satisfied. With yourself, with others or with what you do or don't have.

Ok, looked up some of the names and Gleipnir is what holds Fenrir down in Norse Mythology. I am totally going for that if I can just for the naming.

Like the general idea of us being someone who's not satisfied with our current position but doesn't really know an alternative they'd prefer, also the meek/fierce so that we're generally quiet with some bite when we need/want it.

Last edited:
Back