Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

blindvi1

The one who shall purge the heresy of the wicked
So who else has purchased the SAO:FB game for console n PC. I got the Deluxe Edition and honestly, holy shit it is definitely not the original GGO we are used to, in my opinion at least.

Game mechanics are different than your average 3rd person shooter. I honestly just spent almost 15 to 20 minutes trying to snipe and take down a level 48 field boss with four bars of health vs my squadron of the following

Sinon (level 36, energy sniper)
Kureha (level 28, energy rocket launcher and optical rifle)
Me (level 21, live ammo sniper and full auto optical pistol)
My AI Partner, Rei (Optical Rifle / full auto pistol, level 21 also)

That took wayyyyyyy too long as honestly for a charger / melee type boss, I had to get above it to have it not target me, but target my AI teammates while I kept trying to land headshots on it to do almost 2k damage with every bullet. Surprisingly, we only had three teammate downs the entire battle and I almost got flung across the area in the process when trying to evade the axe.

Anyone else have anything interesting with the game so far? I will add more later, as I am still gaming right now.

Last edited:
Apparently this game is based off Freedom Wars but I have no idea what that series so whatever.

I honestly just spend almost 15 to 20 minutes trying to snipe and take down a level 48 field boss with four bars of health vs my squadron of the following

Didn't realise Monster Hunter came out early on PC. :V

Am I the only one with this game so far?

I also find some of the photon sword fighting styles odd as in, I can attack, but not block. Maybe an active defense type of blocking, I don't know. Still figuring things out.

I want it because SAO but i've not looked into it at all.
I enjoy SAO as well so I decided to say ok and ran with the 85 dollar pre order for the deluxe edition.

Honestly a pain in the butt to aim with a scope in game, maybe just my settings right now. You'll see in the video, especially against the Field Boss halfway through or so. When I just get up on the rock face on the side of the hill and say "f it, sniping time" while my teammates distract the boss (an trying to also fight off enemy "players" at the time. I say players with quotes because I could not discern if they were AI controlled combatants or not. Certainly didn't have the behavior of an actual human player, but again, I don't know and couldn't really tell as I was just trying my best to eliminate them quickly so I could have 3 less targets on my head to worry about while the boss was rampaging around.

Not bad honestly as so far in my gameplay. I am uploading to YouTube some gameplay footage I have recorded. I would of Twitched it, but OBS and Twitch were not handling my casting / streaming from my Xbox downstairs to my laptop upstairs well at all. So I just hard recorded it directly to a file and that is currently 35 percent uploaded right now. The link is there for when it finishes, but I don't expect that to be until morning by me (currently 10:19ish PM by me) finished and uploaded, so have a view!

Last edited:
I'm vaguely kinda interested because I remember from @ZerbanDaGreat 's lp that the writing in Hollow Fragment could be better then the dreck from the show, but I'd rather hear that it's not crap from someone I trust before daring to give it a try.

Got the game pre-ordered, been playing over the weekend.

First impressions: shooting gameplay's not bad overall. Getting used to switching Aim Assist on-and-off took some time. Personally, it's pretty useful when performing a run-and-gun, while turning it off helps in maintaining a bead on an enemy's weak spot. Auto-aim also helps in actually hitting NPC PvP enemies.

I mostly main an AGL build, using an assault rifle-and-heavy pistol combo. Landing Quick Shots on weak spots, with an occasional critical hit, makes for good DPS, while assault rifles are versatile and decent against weak mobs.

Edit: Oops, forgot to add character info:
Altsen (Me), Lv 57 Assault Rifle/Pistol
ArFa-Sys, Lv 57 Rocket Launcher/Assault Rifle
I usually ask Kureha and Agil to fill out the rest of the party.

Last edited:
Apparently this game is based off Freedom Wars but I have no idea what that series so whatever.

Freedom Wars is a game with an incredibly baffling yet incredibly fantastic premise that pretty much no one played becuase it was on Vita. It was set in a distant, dystopian future where even being born is a heinous crime, and the only way to work off your excessively long sentence is to kill giant monsters. The setting was so strange that it had the Contribution Girls, an idol unit designed to spread government propaganda (their album was called 'Super Contribution Propaganda Music Collection'). It was otherwise a basically solid action RPG, in the same class as God Eater.

So like, the gameplay isn't exactly going to carry you if you don't like SAO.

Freedom Wars is a game with an incredibly baffling yet incredibly fantastic premise that pretty much no one played becuase it was on Vita. It was set in a distant, dystopian future where even being born is a heinous crime, and the only way to work off your excessively long sentence is to kill giant monsters. The setting was so strange that it had the Contribution Girls, an idol unit designed to spread government propaganda (their album was called 'Super Contribution Propaganda Music Collection'). It was otherwise a basically solid action RPG, in the same class as God Eater.

So like, the gameplay isn't exactly going to carry you if you don't like SAO.

o_O

*frantically digs out vita to look it up on ps store*

From gameplay vids i've seen on the internet, scoped aiming is not very smooth; it feels as janky as aiming with a dualshock would feel like. :C I'm hoping there are smooth KB+mouse controls but I'm resigning myself to running with the DS3 controller i have once i get the game later next month.

I have it. I'm playing. The tutorials are giving me fatigue. I did not think it was possible.

I like the gameplay and it's fairly playable on the PC, but the interactions buttons are enter and escape, so i have to stop and mess around with my hand. Might remap keys abit. So far KB+M is quite playable and smooth; my bros tell me gameplay is smoother movement, mouse is smoother aiming. My experience bears this out.

Back