Well, I went ahead and outdid the pic I found on Reddit. At this point it's a game to me to see how much AP I can rack up with this sword.

I can't stress this enough: be sure to have either pistols 4 or Int 5 before doing Ba Qi so you can grab the Bloody End. Armor pen 1, dmg 14, can do up to -5 HP bleedout per round. I rather like it. Although I'm a riflewoman, i like using it at the start of the round to get some DOT going.

Well, I went ahead and outdid the pic I found on Reddit. At this point it's a game to me to see how much AP I can rack up with this sword.
Jesus. Where did you get that sword?

So I'm a cyber Elf hacker who's currently got a ghoul Samurai as a Squaddie and just bribed a Vampire Accountant into working for me, the heck is this game and where has it been all my life.

It's the paydata from Bad Qi
Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't do that one, since I didn't feel like messing with Wuxing and getting a (proto-)Mega on my ass, even if I did wind up messing with Area (which is actually a mega at this point) later in the game, since I can't turn down Rachter's mission and that sweet prototype laser...

I keep forgetting it's only 2054 (2056?) and Dunklezhan hasn't been elected President of the UCAS and shortly "assassinated" afterwards by a magical IED hitting his limo motorcade outside of the Watergate complex shortly after his inauguration, so Wuxing hasn't gotten the windfall they did from Big D's will and used it to break into the Big 8 (I forget the number of AAA megas on the Corporate Court during this point, though it's probably 8 and has grown to 10 by the most recent editions) yet. So in SR: HK, they're just a AA corp or something; a big power player in HK, Canton, and Southeast Asia, but not much power anywhere else. Still, breaking into the Aberdeen Skytower seemed like too hot of run to me, lore wise, since it is Wuxing's HQ and I'm used to thinking of them as the 8th most powerful Mega in the world as of 5th edition...

Last edited:
First major UGC is now out - The Caldecott Caper is by cirion, the same person who put together the very excellent Antumbra Saga for Dragonfall. Thus far it's pretty interesting, though I've been frustrated a bit by an issue cirion has admitted this UGC has by design - there are very few alternate routes to success, so there's a big chunk of fighting, and sometimes there's just no option to draw before dialogue starts, so you are often put on the back foot right away. And if you don't do the recruitment missions in a particular order, they can be exceedingly difficult. Haven't completed the campaign but thus far it's had a similar level of polish to AS, though it's not as grand in scope. There's also a much larger amount of interpersonal dialogue and options compared to AS, which is nice in some ways as the smaller scope of events allows for that kind of thing.

First major UGC is now out - The Caldecott Caper is by cirion, the same person who put together the very excellent Antumbra Saga for Dragonfall. Thus far it's pretty interesting, though I've been frustrated a bit by an issue cirion has admitted this UGC has by design - there are very few alternate routes to success, so there's a big chunk of fighting, and sometimes there's just no option to draw before dialogue starts, so you are often put on the back foot right away. And if you don't do the recruitment missions in a particular order, they can be exceedingly difficult. Haven't completed the campaign but thus far it's had a similar level of polish to AS, though it's not as grand in scope. There's also a much larger amount of interpersonal dialogue and options compared to AS, which is nice in some ways as the smaller scope of events allows for that kind of thing.

I've never actually figured out how to install those custom campaigns unfortunately. More to laziness than anything else. Any stand outs?

Just beat the game, and hot damn that was fun. Please sir, may I have another?

Not sure which I like better. Dragonfall or Hong Kong. Both games, and to a lesser extent Dead Man's Switch, are triumphs. Instant classics in my opinion.

I liked them both, and despite being the same 'game', I love that they managed to make both campaigns feel completely different.

A good job on atmosphere they certainly did.

I've never actually figured out how to install those custom campaigns unfortunately. More to laziness than anything else. Any stand outs?
Presuming you got it on Steam, it's pretty simple. In the main menu, select 'Content' and it;ll show you a list of all the content you have on the left, on the bottom, are buttons to browse more content or run the editor yourself. Browsing more content should bring up the Steam overlay on the content page, showing all the stuff available. Go to their individual pages and hit 'subscribe.' Then exit out of the game and reopen it. When it starts up it'll grab all the campaigns and content packs that you subscribed to.

Right now Hong Kong is pretty dry on content. The Caldecott Caper is pretty much the only real campaign on there, though if you like you can pick up Double Indemnity if you want to play a classic noir tale in Shadowrun - it doesn't have the Shadowrun 'feel' though.

For Dragonfall, Antumbra Saga is hands down the best, though it has occasional annoying bugs and unintuitive moments. At one point you are supposed to shoot down a wall, but clicking it isn't something that occurs to everyone since walls are not normally targetable, and actually clicking on the wall doesn't always work. Sometimes enemies drop key items when they die, but if they're standing on a spot that the player can't get to when they die, you've got no recourse but to restart the level. That said, the campaign is awesome for UGC.

Shadowrun Unlimited is a fun, if unfinished and slightly buggy unlimited romp that adds a ton of extra systems - noncombat skills, managing heat, nonstandard Runner hires, weapon licensees, Noteriety, safe houses... all the extra systems are probably what makes it a touch slow and rather buggy, but it's a much more in depth Shadowrun than the base campaigns offer. There's more, but nothing that's really standout like those two.

The Shadows of Hong Kong minicampaign is out, if you go and update your game. Couple hours in, seems pretty cool so far, though I have to remember how to use this damned inventory system again where it seems to keep wanting to send stuff to my stash...

The DeckCon Noodle Extruder apparently followed you back to your boat and is hanging out in Gobbet's room. This is amazing.

Holy shit, this Panther Assault Cannon! Vindicator Minigun, I love you, but now you're obsolete. So much damage, especially on a headshot. 35 base damage, I splattered a shock trooper troll with 65 damage after I softened him up with a assault rifle burst first. SO MUCH DAMAGE.

Back