Reach the Stars, Explore the Void : A Stellaris inspired quest of research and exploration

Voting is open
[X] Cruel NotRoman Supremacy
-[X] A Patrician'
--[X] Equites
-[X] 1950's-1980's: An End to MAD (+1 Divergence)
-[X] Chirurgical Action (-1 Divergence):

-[X] Burning the Past (+1 Divergence)
-[X] Vae Victis (+1 Divergence)
-[X] Olympian Supremacy (+1 Divergence)
-[X] Restructuration (+ 1 Divergence)
-[X] Rationalization (+ 1 Divergence)
-[X] Accelerated Reconstruction (-1 Divergence)
- [X] Imperial Wonders (-1 Divergence)

Obligatory more cruel start :p.
Also more + Divergence, which can be used later.

Last edited:
For Plan: Imminent Apocalypse Demands Unfortunate Compromise, Imperial Wonders need Accelerated Reconstruction (it is a sub option).
Okay that and and Circus both being Sub-Options is imperfectly displayed because they appear to be independent options. Can I suggest putting (Requires __Prerequisite__) in their descriptions somewhere so no one else overlooks them?

However, now that it's brought up...

@Kylia Quilor Due to the need to change the Plan, would you prefer that I just downgrade Imperial Wonders to Accelerated Reconstruction, do you still want Imperial Wonders and thus have a preferred +1 Divergence option to buy it with or should I just drop Imperial Wonders, not add in Accelerated Reconstruction and... Well, do I keep the plan at +1 Divergence so we get the in-game boost from left over Divergence points or do I also drop Imperial Labour Division which I used to buy Imperial Wonders?

Okay that and and Circus both being Sub-Options is imperfectly displayed because they appear to be independent options. Can I suggest putting (Requires __Prerequisite__) in their descriptions somewhere so no one else overlooks them?

However, now that it's brought up...

@Kylia Quilor Due to the need to change the Plan, would you prefer that I just downgrade Imperial Wonders to Accelerated Reconstruction, do you still want Imperial Wonders and thus have a preferred +1 Divergence option to buy it with or should I just drop Imperial Wonders, not add in Accelerated Reconstruction and... Well, do I keep the plan at +1 Divergence so we get the in-game boost from left over Divergence points or do I also drop Imperial Labour Division which I used to buy Imperial Wonders?
I don't have a strong preference. The parts of the plan that are why I voted for it ( Eisphorà, Client States, Service guarantee Citizenship! and Olympian Elites) are the same either way.

I don't have a strong preference. The parts of the plan that are why I voted for it ( Eisphorà, Client States, Service guarantee Citizenship! and Olympian Elites) are the same either way.
Downgraded to Accelerated Reconstruction then, as that at least still tells the story of 'We will show you how to do things right, and you shall build it!'. What with the other options that focus on rebuilding the planet 'right'. Just means it's going for planetwide reconstruction, rather than focusing the effort on a few 'uplifted' regions to pull off that 'utopia on the shining hill' effect.

I want to play a Stellaris quest where we go to war. I picked an option that gives Xenophobia to encourage us to fight. I did not want ruin Earth and have everyone become a soldier. That was what kept me from picking every Militarism option.

[X] Plan War
-[X] (-1 Divergence Point) A Soldier, not a Slave
-[X] Shock and Awe
-[X] Bread … (-1 Divergence)
--[X] and Circus (-1 Divergence)
-[X] Department of Ecological Restoration (-1 Divergence)
--[X] Gardens of Elysium (-1 Divergence)

Last edited:
I want to play a Stellaris quest where we go to war. I picked an option that gives Xenophobia to encourage us to fight. I did not want ruin Earth and have everyone become a soldier. That was what kept me from picking every Militarism option.

Interesting
Xenophobia represent the tendency of the Olympian to see difference as Chaos.
Militarism represent how aggressive and extreme they are in bringing all under there rule.
Both ethic are good for constant warfare, but create suite different society.

[X] Plan: Imminent Apocalypse Demands Unfortunate Compromise

[X] Plan: Kshatriya

I have no clue why there is a plan name after Hindu caste when the empire has Roman aesthetic, but sure, why not.

Adhoc vote count started by OldShadow on Apr 8, 2023 at 2:28 PM, finished with 21 posts and 11 votes.

• [X] Plan: Kshatriya
    -[X] A Patrician
    --[X] (-1 Divergence) Eisphorà
    -[X] Shock and Awe
    -[X] Strategies:
    --[X] Auxiliaries Recruitment (- 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Client States (+1 Divergence)
    -[X] Policies:
    --[X] Service guarantee Citizenship! (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Olympian Elites
    --[X] Restructuration (+ 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Imperial Labor Division (+ 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Bread … (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Accelerated Reconstruction (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Department of Ecological Restoration (-1 Divergence)
    [X] Plan War
    -[X] Shock and Awe
    [X] A Patrician
    -[X] Equites: To be a noble is to be a warrior. Such was the way of the Imperator. To be a true patrician is to take the helm of a combat walker and protect the proles with blood and sweat. A patrician who cannot prove their mantle on the field of battle will not be patrician for long. + Militarism, Nobility is associated with martial prowess.
    -[X] Chirurgical Action (-1 Divergence)
    -[X] Auxiliaries Recruitment (- 1 Divergence)
    -[X] Service guarantee Citizenship! (-1 Divergence):
    -[X] A Patrician
    --[X] Equites

Current tally.
Since this is a vote with many options, I will let the vote run for 2 to 3 days and encourage people to propose and vote for as many plans as possible (I will use approval voting)
And I will answer any questions on the current situation and actual plan for each plan proposed.

EDIT : A little presentation of the conquest strategy for each current plan

Plan: Kshatriya
Decapitation strikes by elites troupes, and recruitment of locals to compensate manpower deficit and as occupation forces.

Plan: Imminent Apocalypse Demands Unfortunate Compromise
Massive demonstration of force to give a reputation of invincibility (thing like destroying every nukes or the Red Army), then carrot and stick diplomacy to align the Earth at minimum costs.

Cruel NotRoman Supremacy

Destabilization of Earth until societal collapse, than walking the troops and shepherding the Earthlings into cities.

Plan War
Blitzkrieg the entire planet with no quarters until no one oppose Olympia.

Last edited:
Plan War
Blitzkrieg the entire planet with no quarters until no one oppose Olympia.

I think I wrote the best plan because it would be fun to play a warlike civ quest for once.

Cruel NotRoman Supremacy
Destabilization of Earth until societal collapse, than walking the troops and shepherding the Earthlings into cities.

I hate the plan @Ghostdevil wrote. It is not because it is cruel. It is because it would make our Martians ugly and bland. I want our Martians to be cool and have good aesthetics.

I took garden of eden so Martians too would not have to live a barren life on a barren planet.

I hate the plan @Ghostdevil wrote. It is not because it is cruel. It is because it would make our Martians ugly and bland. I want our Martians to be cool and have good aesthetics
I disagree, our Olympian terrain is what makes us unique, glorious and beautiful, yet worn.

As much as I can, no choice will be bland.
Each Empire will have its own unique techs and projects.

Last edited:
unique, glorious and beautiful

There is nothing beautiful, glorious and unique in Rationalization. Those are sacrificed for efficiency. What is beautiful about all ancient Earth cultural and religious sites being destroyed? Where is the beauty, glory and uniqueness of replacing all Earth cuisine with algae and insects? In "standardizing" the clothing, furniture and lodgings? Everything will look the same and it will be for "efficiency".

With garden of eden, the average Martian gets to enjoy some of the comforts people on Earth had before the invasion.

There is nothing beautiful, glorious and unique in Rationalization. Those are sacrificed for efficiency. What is beautiful about all ancient Earth cultural and religious sites being destroyed? Where is the beauty, glory and uniqueness of replacing all Earth cuisine with algae and insects? In "standardizing" the clothing, furniture and lodgings? Everything will look the same and it will be for "efficiency".

With garden of eden, the average Martian gets to enjoy some of the comforts people on Earth had before the invasion.
I meant of Olympia, Earth would be best served by standardization.

Adhoc vote count started by OldShadow on Apr 9, 2023 at 3:22 PM, finished with 29 posts and 11 votes.

• [X] Plan: Kshatriya
    -[X] A Patrician
    --[X] (-1 Divergence) Eisphorà
    -[X] Shock and Awe
    -[X] Strategies:
    --[X] Auxiliaries Recruitment (- 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Client States (+1 Divergence)
    -[X] Policies:
    --[X] Service guarantee Citizenship! (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Olympian Elites
    --[X] Restructuration (+ 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Imperial Labor Division (+ 1 Divergence)
    --[X] Bread … (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Accelerated Reconstruction (-1 Divergence)
    --[X] Department of Ecological Restoration (-1 Divergence)
    [X] Plan War
    -[X] Shock and Awe
    [X] A Patrician
    -[X] Equites: To be a noble is to be a warrior. Such was the way of the Imperator. To be a true patrician is to take the helm of a combat walker and protect the proles with blood and sweat. A patrician who cannot prove their mantle on the field of battle will not be patrician for long. + Militarism, Nobility is associated with martial prowess.
    -[X] Auxiliaries Recruitment (- 1 Divergence)
    -[X] Service guarantee Citizenship! (-1 Divergence):
    -[X] A Patrician
    --[X] Equites

Current tally.
We got equality between Plan: Kshatriya and Cruel NotRoman Supremacy, with Imminent Apocalypse Demands Unfortunate Compromise one vote behind.
So 3 votes for the Patrician Empire, but with a very different point of view on the role of the elites.

Plan: Kshatriya with a military elite existing to destroy Chaos before it can spread. For them, Chaos comes from the unchecked tendency for violence of mankind, and must be the privilege of a controlled elite.
Cruel NotRoman Supremacy with the elites as a secret police controlling the general population. For them, Chaos is inherent to mankind, and can only be eliminated through breeding and intense education at the earliest age possible, with the Orderly elites being the shepherds that prevent the natural chaotic tendency of the masses from causing destruction.
Imminent Apocalypse Demands Unfortunate Compromise with a more classical administrative/officer class of elites. For them, Chaos is a consequence of unchecked issues, as a famine in a village comes from a lack of preparation for a bad harvest. The role of the elites is to artificially create and maintain conditions that prevent the apparition of Chaos and encourage Order amongst the wider masses.

Anyway, since the playerbase seem already divided amongst a few plans, I will just close the vote tomorrow, and if their is still an equality, I will roll for the winning plan.

Voting is open
Back