EarthScorpion said:
Louise: "Wh-what manner of clothes are these, Jessica! They're... they're... well, okay, you've tried to put me in more indecent things, but what are those strange 'double monocles' with the thick rims?"
Um, glasses were invented in the middle ages in OTL. If you want them to not have been in Halk, it's your story, but I thought I should mention it.

Felix3D said:
Though I'm not too sure that Double-Monocle automatically = Glasses in this case. Double monocles don't have earpieces or a nose-pinch, so you can still have the "Monocle pop" effect when needed. It could be a way to refer to glasses, though, idk, but I trust ES's word choice more than that.
Glasses are too mainstream. They even get worn by Tabitha, who's so unhip it's a miracle her legs are attached to the rest of her body.

Wearing two monocles is the authentic way of fixing your vision problems.

I hate being reminded that Louise is actually pretty damn adorable looking. It makes me temporarily forget that I despise Canon Louise. It's a good thing Earth Scorpion is pretty good at creating Louise's I'd actually be inclined to give a shit about. Gotta love the Spacebattler obsession with breaking her, one way or the other.

Oh, and Glasses Louise is Best Louise.

*mumbles under his breath about how he hasn't forgotten that Blitz denounced glasses girls . . . the bastard*

Couch-Gamer said:
Besides, glasses can have only one enchantment on them. With double monocles, you get two!
Socketed gems are starting to make a comeback, actually. With glasses, you add as many sockets as you want - especially along the arms. You can't even fit one socket on either monocle.

Couch-Gamer said:
The chain my good sir. Of course, having a chain of precious, enchanted gems is just asking for it to be stolen, but with that many enchantments why would not wear it all the time? Sure it might explode, but only if you have some two-bit hack do the enchantments.
Why go for the chain? I mean, it serves no defensible purpose. Put the sockets on your armor, near the vulnerable bits. That way, if your opponent attacks you, they risk destabilizing them, resulting in your mutual destruction.

Please. The proper apparel is armour, and OL!Louise was into armour before it was cool.

I mean, it wasn't red hot or anything, but Jessica could definitely have given it another dip in the water to cool it off before having Louise try it on...

Back