Our Adventurer Guild (Old Xcom meets Fantasy Anime meets Adventurer Parties)

This is I believe the first time in all my years in SV that I write to recommend a game much less a hidden gem but I got so engrossed that I felt compelled to do so.

If you ever read or watched a fantasy story with adventurer guilds and wondered what videogame actually felt the most like that, this is it. Make your parties, customize your characters as they grow, manage the guild, go explore things and handle quests. Very compelling gameplay and progression so far!

Excellent tactical RPG in combat, very cool exploration during quests with encounters and exhaustible resources. Very cool mood & social layer for the adventurers so you get to see them chatter and banter during combat, camping, and get into some drama at home base; and they either work well together or form rivalries and don't work so well together - sort of reminiscent of Rimworld in this way

The game runs on three well-oiled layers.

- The main hub is the Guild. As the guildmaster you're tasked to build new structures, keep adventurers happy and healthy. Rising the reputation of the guild is one more goal and it gives access to even more options (crafting/special training...).
- Fun turn-based exploration requiring to manage a few resources while gathering materials and keeping roaming enemies and monsters in check.
- Engaging tactical combat using an action point system along with individual initiative, and two resources: stamina and heroism.
Heroism is used to activate special actions like granting a 100% hit chance, extra APs and other stuff bending the basic combat rules.
Relationship between characters also modify chances to trigger cooperative actions.

All that just scratch the surface of a shockingly deep and addictive gem of a game.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2026000/Our_Adventurer_Guild/

It comes with a free demo which allows you to keep your saves, variable difficulty settings, Iron Man mode and ofc perma death for your adventurers if you get in over your head and are too stubborn to flee.

Despite the Early Access label the game is complete, bug free and constantly updated with new content.

All in all a steal for the 15$ it costs.

Give this one a spin and I believe you will not regret it.

Last edited:
I have added this to my wishlist and may eventually get around to playing it. The 100% positive reviews are very promising.

Back