Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Mandemon shows miniatures he has painted. Dunno if good idea
Last edited:
Opening post

Mandemon

Gentlemen, I love brawl.
Cause I want to share. Been painting miniatures for about two months now. This all started when I bought used Cthulhu: Death May Die and it came with painted Cthulhu. I ended up wanting others to have colors too and now I am basically painting everything I got.

So enjoy. WARNING: Big pictures

Finished up Soggoth, those eyes were pain in the arse.

Great work! Eyes always are a pain to paint no matter the mini. A life hack that can help is use a toothpick for paint eyes.
Also, a good color scheme (or miniatures) for try in the future can be the scheme of color of some nightwalkers of kings of war (mantic). The capture the eldrich nature very well.

And here is my next project: Hastur and his/her/its Disciples

Also, suprise shot of my painting box :p

Amazing, looks a lot like an adomination of other planes. That green was possible to make with army painter?

Indeed, it is their Forest Sprite color. I am going to see if I can apply secondary layer of something either yellowish or purplish on the ends of the tentacles, once I got the first layers done.

Been sometime, got some new project underway. Some BattleTech minis for once. Not entirely happy with these, way too many blotches and others. It's been a while since I used acrylic paints, so thinning needs to be relearned :/

You have good taste in miniatures. Battletech was what got me into painting (although I mostly paint stuff for DnD and Stargrave these days). It's hard to beat big stompy robots in the fun-to-paint factor.

You have good taste in miniatures. Battletech was what got me into painting (although I mostly paint stuff for DnD and Stargrave these days). It's hard to beat big stompy robots in the fun-to-paint factor.

Been a fan of BattleTech for a long time, recently decided to buy into the hobby. Unfortunately, the local store got a minor mixup and sold me Clan Invasion box instead of the Game of Armored Combat. So now I got Clan rules, BattleArmor rules and bunch of Clan mechs and no main ruleset :p

Not that I can't find them online, still kinda funny. I did place an order for correct box, so I can get proper Inner Sphere mechs and actual core rules. Although it is surprisingly difficult to find dice at reasonable price.

Although it is surprisingly difficult to find dice at reasonable price.
Chessex sells a pound of random polyhedral dice for $20, which will cover most needs. Antique shops will very frequently have whole buckets full of D6s (often in multiple colors, even) for like a dollar, and you only have to find one once to have all the dice you'll ever need for Battletech.

Chessex sells a pound of random polyhedral dice for $20, which will cover most needs. Antique shops will very frequently have whole buckets full of D6s (often in multiple colors, even) for like a dollar, and you only have to find one once to have all the dice you'll ever need for Battletech.

Oh sure, they sell them. Just that I want them in white/red/black colors, and every store seems to be missing at least one color.

I am planning on hitting local game store and ransack their "random dice box" (yes, that is what it is called) until I find close-enough results.

Back