"MAIN SYSTEM: ENGAGING COMBAT MODE" - PROJECTSIX

Kokurokoki

"IDW DA NYA!"
So a spiritual successor to Armored Core has been created and is in the works. This project seems to have been in development for over 3 years as it is being made by the same guy who uploaded a test video of Armored Core being recreated in UE4 (can't 100% confirm just yet but it's posted on the same channel which I assume is the same guy).

From the trailers it seems to take after Armored Core 4 with quick-boost mechanics while taking inspiration from Kawamori's mecha designs from AC2-LR (can't remember if Kawamori worked on AC1).

The demo can be downloaded from this website. You can also pay 980 yen to buy into the alpha version of the game as well.
PROJECTSIX ALPHA version - するめ工房 - BOOTH

Welcome back, Ravens...

EDIT: I've played it and it's fan-fuckingtastic.

Last edited:
Armored Core is a cool game but I hate playing it, the controls are the absolute worst to me, but I get why people love the series.

This looks like AC but smooth as butter to control and just as fast and frantic

Looks like fairly good adaptation of AC4 mechanics all told. Hopefully they won't fall into the same pitfall as Project: Nimbus did with their ultra twitch-base gameplay. Mechs themselves look alright as well.

Although, personally I've not been a huge fan of AC4 play mechanics. I think a more limited and deliberate movement system of previous games worked better, especially as 4 ended up invalidating a fair few mechanics that were hidden inside the game (especially heavy weapons and the point of different leg types). That said, they seem to be inspired by some of my favorite bits from older AC games, like the Arena mode. Hopefully they'll keep around the trashtalk/praise emails, as well as the merc mission feel.

Will be keeping my eye on this one.

Armored Core is a cool game but I hate playing it, the controls are the absolute worst to me, but I get why people love the series.

This looks like AC but smooth as butter to control and just as fast and frantic

Depends on which ones you played. The control schemes went through huge revisions throughout the series. However armored core is notorious for having default control schemes that are super ass.

PS1 era up to AC3 essentially locked your control scheme to the d-pad and shoulder buttons which made the game super awwkard to control. Nexus pretty much came around and streamlined everything by using modern third person controls instead and capitalizing on the dualshock analog control scheme.

Looks like fairly good adaptation of AC4 mechanics all told. Hopefully they won't fall into the same pitfall as Project: Nimbus did with their ultra twitch-base gameplay. Mechs themselves look alright as well.

Although, personally I've not been a huge fan of AC4 play mechanics. I think a more limited and deliberate movement system of previous games worked better, especially as 4 ended up invalidating a fair few mechanics that were hidden inside the game (especially heavy weapons and the point of different leg types). That said, they seem to be inspired by some of my favorite bits from older AC games, like the Arena mode. Hopefully they'll keep around the trashtalk/praise emails, as well as the merc mission feel.

Will be keeping my eye on this one.

From personal experience playing the demo the QB system as it is right now allows you to be nimble in a pinch but the mechs definitely have a weight to them. Jumping mechanics have a lot more prevalence in this game as well in the current build as you cannot stay in the air indefinitely. The initial jump from the ground seems to apply some kind of decaying modifier to your booster's vertical thrust. The TLDR version is that your !AC cannot defy gravity in this game like they could with AC4 and FA.

Chainboosting is also not in this game. ProjectSix seems to be a mix of 4 and V mechanics with the aesthetics of the Kawamori-era of AC designs. The lack of chainboosting means you have to make a conscious decision between using your QB to evade, assist you in changing direction, or giving you a speed boost in your current direction.

Back