Let's play Elona

Been playing the new update and I'm loving it, the new NPC stuff is legit as hell.

But I accidentally ate my raw seven league boots and now I have fallen into despair.
How do you accidentally your shoes?

I kid, I kid. But the mental image of a seasoned adventurer absentmindedly pulling off his boots and eating them is funny as heck.

Stop: Warning
warning @Librarian? Please don't imply that an entire race are traps, because we actually had an announcement to that effect a while ago. That's still unacceptable and it does fall under a rule two violation.

You're not taking any points, I've only given you a warning for marginal behavior but in the future? Please don't do anything like that ever again.

@Generic_Generica Gotcha, deleting the offending post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Could you direct me to said announcement, please? I'd like to get some context on the matter.

Last edited:
Information: Official Staff Communication
official staff communication @Librarian: The actual site-wide announcement read as such and was in one of those dismissable announcement pop-ups:
Hey [INSERT MEMBER NAME HERE], I just wanted to talk with everyone briefly.

In the parlance developed in anime fans in the early 2000s, the word 'trap' is used to refer to cute, feminine looking characters who are actually male. While not intended to be harmful, words have connotations beyond their intended meanings and the suggestion that a person not presenting as their gender is some kind of trap is not the language we want to see on SV.

We do consider it the kind of thing that can fall under rule 2 and we will apply that rule if we have to. You may think the term is just a joke or harmless, but if a website like Danbooru can shift away from using the term then we can as well.

I would appreciate everyone's assistance and cooperation in this regard.

- Ford

I hope that clears that up!

Last edited:

So we have a bunch of new skills. This is the power of dance paralyzing the whole screen with your wicked move. apparently the new author agree with me on the disappointing starting feats and have a bunch of them replace with new skills.

I do love the old take down feat though, I hope he didn't remove that.

Another new item. Tobacco... they aren't finish yet though, so we just keep them for now.

New book

-enemy, neither do you. Is that clear? Do not over-extend. Conserve your resources and wait for new orders. Do not pursue enemy out of range.

You have not been trained, so the instructions you will receive are simple and few. You will receive further orders on the field. That is all

...So the book is a tutorial on the Directive feature. We have that skill a while ago, but apparently some players got confused.

Speaking of werewolf... we found our target.

So after a while of testing, I found that yes, you do have to investigate and vote. But at the same time, the old method also work.

And by work I mean-

The fucker who is abnormally stronger than what they should be and can easily wipe your 20 something party is the Werewolf.

So yeah...

If you have the patience to go over each and all NPC in town and fight them, and high chance of risking TPK than go ahead. This method work.

So I bought a farm for about 60k gold. There is a fruit tree here, a bunch of fertile farming land and compost.

Normally you should only farm in the farming land( the yellow dirt thing), but with our high level Farming skill(60) due to grinding the Farming quest, we can plant anywhere on this map. But the farming land give more chance of the tree not dying, so the more valuable seed should go on the land.

You can also plant seed in dungeon or your own home. Keep in mind that they don't give Farming bonus, so I usually just farm food there.

The compost in the farm can make fertilizers for our crops. Leave rotten food in the compost for a few days, and a bag of fertilizer will replace the food.

Crop Growin' Fer City-Slickers

by Jebediah Schmidt

So you reckon on joining us good folk in doin' an honest days work do ya?

Well, you adventurers-types with yer big-ol' swords and fancy armor, might not got enough grit ta get the job done right, but we'll give you a shot at join us humble folk.

Ta start, you need to have a green-Thumb, or "Gardening Skills" in your fancy city speak. If ya don't have that skill afore a-startin' out ya got a Yeek's chance on a skillet to get any plantin' done. So go get ta learnin' that first.

Next, since we got all the good land near the towns, ya'll have to set up elsewhere. Now, I could go on all day about what my Pappy and his Pappy say about soil, but I know you won't get but a yeek bite's worth of it, so allow me to "summ-ar-ize" it fer ya:

Time and Place. Them's crucial.

Ya'll might've noticed it rains more at certain times of the year. Thems the seasons, and the rainier it is, the better fer yer crops.

Place is easy. You might notice we like to plant on flat plains. There's a good reason fer it, and ya'll soon prolly figger out what it is. Avoid Snow, Mountains, and the only good thing that came from a forest is more trees, not crops.

Now buy a deed and claim yer land. Come Hell or High Ether it's yers!

But Jebidah, ya sez, I ain't gots no seeds tah plant! Kin I have some o' yers? I'd say heck no! Seeds is the lifeblood of any crop! Go finds yer own! Ya get seeds rarely, unless you heads North near the Alter and finds ya some.

Once ya got some seeds, ya needs ta plant 'em. Now I like doin' it in the rain, as I reckon it's better for em. Jes stand in yer fields and 't'ool em into the soil all gentle like. Easy. Now, after that, ya gotta wait, as they take time ta grow.

Thanks to that there Etherwind, crops only take about a week or so nowadays which gets my Pappy all in a tiff it does, as he reckons it oughta take a whole season like it did in his time and his Pappy's time. Anyhoo, after they grow and get ripe, ya gota ta pick em. At first ya'll bumble a bit, but once you get good enough, ya jus' might find more seeds once ya pick em rightly good enough.

Then ya'll go and do it again!

-== Bits from my Papper ==-

Now some crops'll wither, and that's life, so no grumblin' about fate and the winds and all that hackey-dackey. It'll happen less if ya bless ya seed AFORE ya go and plant it! Practice also helps keep the wither away too.

'g'et yer crops when theys ripe, also 'g'et yer withered ones away too as ya never know if it's a catchy sick.

Seed Types:

Fruit seed: grows them there fruits

Vegetable seed: grows them vegetables

Herb seed: Ah reckon it grows herbs

Gem seed: grow ores and gems, honest!

Unknown seed: ? Never Grew one o dese

Artifact seed: Grows Fancy artifacts

If ya needs seeds, and I know no real farmer that dain't, ya should worship Kumiromi. She likes her offerings all mushy-like, and there's always scraps ya don't need much.

My Pappy's Unca once said that if ya 'g'et yer crops in the rain it's gets ya right better crop. Now I never was one to go pickin' in the rain, so's I don'ts knows fer sure iffin it's true or not.

-== Them Numbery Bits ==-

Deed: Bout' Forty Thousand or so. Pends on your yackin' n' dackin.

Now my Grammy, she could get a deal. Ya shoulda seen her get TWO sacks a Potatah's for one jug o' CrimShine. Course', our Still was made by my Pappy's Cousin's Unca. Still, with Crimberries bein' frowned on as crops ya have ta plant them all sneaky like in the back behind squash...

So due to magic crop grow in a couple of day. Convenient.

So with only 13 level in Jeweling I can make a stack of Change Material scrolls.

With 6 level in magic device, some items that can be found in dungeon, I make a bottle of water.

The water is easily enchanted on an altar to make holy water.

Holy water can enchant any item, and once enchant, the items are simply better.

The holy water enchants item in stack.

Gather a bunch of trash item.

Laugh at anything that dare to look at Samamos funny for wearing trash item in the future.

Oh, and my machine gun too of course. The only thing that I can carry on my person.

It turns crystal, go from bonus accuracy 5 to bonus accuracy 15.

Damage modifiers go from 10d2(that is ten 1d2 dice rolls) to 10d3. That mean my potential damage almost double: 10 to 20 => 10 to 30

Last edited:
A sleep sheep. Is that, like, a plushie or something?

It is like a bed. In the shape of a sheep. There is a bunch of item like that in game with the most noticeable being the goddess's Jure body pillow. Jure's worshipers literally went to sleep on the images of their goddess. I don't even know what to say about that.

Last edited:
...fetishizing your goddess (assuming she doesn't mind/know) is actually a horrifyingly ingenious way to garner faith. After all, nothing exemplifies dedication than a horde of raving fanboys.

Also, I believe tageting random citizens with the Target command should let you know who's the werewolf, talk to them and keep spamming "This person is a Werewolf!" to skew murdervotes towards them. Also can be used to frame NPCs for instadeath at noon, for chance of good drops.

Be careful of dropping Relationship to Hostile though, then they'll start coming for your head.

Today I learn a valuable lesson.

Honorable arena fighting does not allow mounts.

And then I got speedblizt by literal farm animals.

One potion of speed later-

-Yes. All of them was electrocuted to dead. I brought a Lightning Rod with me and remind the whole arena the pecking order of thing.

Another new thing in this version is the town board.

We can see the quality of living and various law of the city now. I laughed at the part where murder is allowed.

Presumably the player can set policy and affect laws and quality of living in future updates. We would probably have to struggle between raising tax to improve life, at the same time we can not raise it to high or the people's approval rating would gone down and we will have a hard time in setting a new policy in the future.

Also I figure there will be resistance in various town depending on the situation. For example you can probably do various welfare thing in Derphy, but the security policy will almost be impossible- the city of crime remember?

I wonder if there will be political assassin in this game. It is possible for Elona.

My first policy would be to ban Janitor in town!

Joking aside, my first actual policy would be something involving water quality, because holy shit it's bad.

Even if the number is just a metaphorical one, not representing the whole population, that is still a 17% of the population dead due to water poisoning.

SEVENTEEN PERCENTS! Almost a fifth of the population. No wonder there are various cemeteries in game. This is just Yowyn though, hopefully the more advance city of Yerles will be different.

Speaking about investing against werewolf-

That is honestly blatant. The detective one again proving herself to be the detective and done our job for us.

The town people will still hang a different man though, I DON'T EVE-

The werewolf update one again show the horribleness of majority rule. Even if the detective or the PC had already found the werewolf, the voters will be the one who determine who get hang.

Usually the one who is hang is the one they hate the most.

Remember Mia the cat girl? Remember how all the people in Palmia hates her? Well this is a special sight for Palmia! Every time a vote is casted to see who got hang, Mia will always be in the top 5! Every afternoon is Mia execution time!

Because people don't like her!

I'm not sure if it is RNG or not, but this happen every time.

When that happen, the thing I usually do is to find the werewolf. Kill them.

Even if I have to savescum ten or hundred of time I will get the job done.

Remember the strange diary from before?

Written by Rachel's brother <damaged>

<Within this rotted book is a Letter>
<The Letter is faded Everywhere>

Rachel<damaged> I'll forget.

In order to retain memory of<damaged>

Your disease<damaged>
by modern medicine.

<damaged> himself out of hand.

No, I'm<damaged>

So

Your memories forever<damaged>

Secret Garden in the snowy field...

The location is the north 2<damaged>
And from the 4<damaged>

My sister is<damaged>
Requiescat in pace...

Secret garden in the snowy field...

There is only two place that fit the description. One is the place Noyel reside, on the North East of the map. The other is the inconspicuous patch of pure white snow with nothing but snow, mountains, forests and a grave.

The screen cap is kinda my fault, but on the dark left corner of the screen you can see a cross like overgrown grave.

From there it is exactly 2 squares north and 4 squares east to a seemingly normal patch of snow.

The secret garden await.

The man created a garden in his sister memory...

...and then make an eldritch abomination, a constant in Elona's reality.

You think I'm joking?

Stare at the face of evil!

*Ahem.

Now that that is out of the way. She is a special kind of NPC. The moment anything so much as scratch her-

She splits into hundreds and hundreds of copies.

It is not just a gameplay thing though, it is implied that the girl brother used his magic to make sure her memory live on forever.

It is also implied that all the little sister NPC in the game is a copy of the original Rachel, and that the little sister's existence is a pseudo Reality Warping thing made by the original girl's brother in hope of preserving the girl memories.

I mean when you read a little sister's diary, the text say that "You suddenly have a little sister."

It implies that you didn't have a little sister before, but you have now. She comes out into existence as if she was always your little sister. If it is true though, it will be all kind of horrifying. You never have any little sister and then suddenly you do. She comes into existence always was your little sister, does that mean history is also altered to make sure she always was your little sister? What about memories? Do you suddenly have memories about having a little sister that you didn't before?

It is possible with magic. Though if her brother is capable of this kind of reality warping than why didn't he cure her in the first place?

It also ties in with the Renton the suffering wizard quest and also has interesting parallel.

From what we gathered so far:
Renton is a wizard who has a little sister. The sister is an artist yet all her painting was not good enough, and she casted herself down a river. He wanted to remember her, and decided to find the books his sister loved most as a child.

The book is written by Rachel. It is supposedly a fairy tale, a children book, yet somehow so hauntingly good that set young girl on the path of artist and can make grown man cry.

Rachel died with an incurable decease. She has a brother who is probably also a wizard, how else would he be able to perform that kind of magic? He wanted something to remember her by, and created the little sisters in the game.

Both is a brother who witness their sister death.

Both sisters are artistes, though one has talents beyond all measure... and one don't.

Both are wizard.

Both wanted something to remind them of their little sister.
(I wonder if the author will make this a plot point in the future. Maybe have Renton meet Rachel's brother or something.)

Maybe Renton read a little sister's diary in the past, gaining his "sister" out of nowhere? Then, when Renton's sister (Rachel Mk.2) read the works of Rachel Prime and realised she could never match up to the original, ended up offing herself?

Nah. She loved the Rachel series, long before she get depressed and offed herself. She even talked with Renton a while about that book, that is why he knows. Also, Renton's sister only do painting. Rachel at least has writing and drawing if not more. The Rachel series is a series of Picture Book mixed with written story.

It get depressing when you realize that Rachel not only outdone Renton's sister at painting, the only thing Renton's sister is proud about herself, but Rachel also has a bunch of other enviable skills that can be considered 'genius'.

Last edited:
Back