Legend of an Utterly Gutsy Self insert? (Naruto SI/???)

3. Training Begins
"So, so what ha gonna teach me, old man? A new cool jutsu?" It has been a few days since I last saw Naruto, here we were in training ground 15, which had a waterfall and several women in swimsuits playing in the river. But that wasn't what I came here for.

"Naruto be respectful, this is Lord Jiraiya." Ebisu reprimanded the little blond knucklehead.

I chuckled at that. "Hmmm, perhaps if you do well in training I'll teach you a very special jutsu, one that only a very few ninjas have."

"Alright! I'll be Hokage in no time believe it!" Naruto pumped a fist into the air in excitement.

I had been considering what to teach Naruto for a while. Something that would give him the edge, something that would help him a lot.

And of everything, there was one thing that stood out.

"Alright, first make me a Shadow clone."

"Huh for what?"

"Don't worry, you'll know why."

Naruto nodded and formed a cross-shaped seal. "Kage bunshin no jutsu." A clone puffed into existence next to him.

"Good, now I want the clone to follow me, Naruto you wait here with Ebisu for a while."

I lead the clone away from the clearing into the woods.

"So why are we here?"

"For this." I gave him a "Light" punch in the gut and the clone eyes were wide from the pain before it popped.

"AARGH!" came Naruto's Voice from the clearing.

"Hey, you hit me!" Naruto accused glaring at me as I returned back to the clearing.

"No, I didn't."

"But! I know what I felt! I even remember you hitting me." He yelled confused and indignant.

"That's good, then this training will go quite fast."

"Huh."

"Naruto." Ebisu interrupted "Are you sure they are your memories or your clones?"

The blonds eyed widened as understanding seemed to dawn him. "Wait how do I know what happened to my clone?"

Ebisu sighed as he began to lecture Naruto the properties of Shadow clones.

I have to give it to the guy, he may not be super strong but this guy has his theory down pat. No wonder he's such a sought after teacher.

"So every time the clone dispels I know what happened to it?"

"Correct." Ebisu nodded pushing up his glasses.

"So how does this help me train?"

"Alright, Naruto." I began. "Imagine you're learning a jutsu." He was paying rapt attention now. "But to learn this jutsu you need a hundred days."

"Eh! I don't have a hundred days before the Exams!" Naruto grumbled.

"But if you use a clone to train with you then disperse it after training every day you will be able to learn it in 50 days since you gain what the clone learns as well."

Naruto's mouth formed an O as he began to realize the implications of the jutsu.

"So if I make a Hundred clones I can learn this awesome jutsu in a Day!" He began bouncing on the balls of his feet. "This is so cool!"

"Yes, it is very cool." I nodded in agreement. "So today I'm going to be teaching you..."

Naruto leaned in eager to hear what I was going to teach."

"how to....." I drawled out the suspense as his eyes shone eagerly.

"Cut things with your bare hands." finished anti-climatically.

Naruto paused stunned for a moment before he released a surprised and disappointed "Hah?"

"Yes, once Master this jutsu, you don't need a Kunai to cut things, you can use your bare hands." I showed him my empty palms dramatically.

Ebisu let a gasp as he understood what I was going to teach. "Jiraiya-sama, you can't mean to teach Naruto that, most Nina's don't begin learning until they are Chunnin!"

Good, that was the reaction I wanted as I saw Naruto look of disappointment turned into awe after hearing what Ebisu said. Phrasing it as a new jutsu for him to use instead of a Nature Manipulation exercise would be combined with Ebisu's reaction got me the result I was looking for.

"I'll master this technique Believe it!" Naruto's grin was wide. And Ebisu sputtered, confused as to why I was teaching him this.

"Good. First I want you to make a hundred clones and have each of them pick a leaf from one of the trees."

"Let's do this! Tajuu Kage-Bunshin no jutsu." and the next moment a hundred clones popped into existence all around us and even the real one began to move to take one of his own before I stopped him is his tracks placing a hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me and I answered the unasked question. "I have different training for you. While your clones train with the jutsu I'll be training you in Taijutsu, you are going to fight a Hyuuga after all."

"Oh, I see." He nodded. "So you're going to be training me some super kick-ass Taijutsu technique."

"Hmmm." I couldn't exactly call what I had in mind a technique so I didn't really agree or deny it.

"This is so cool! I'm learning from one of the teachers of the fourth!" he said giving me bright smile... My heart lurched at how honest the kid was. Seriously a bit of attention and the kid latched onto me.

"Say, say. Since you taught Dad then you must know the techniques he also knows right?"

Yeah, the kid more than deserved it. "Sure, I can do that, but one at a time. We'll finish this training first. I'll teach you a few techniques that Minato knew."

He let out a radiant smile at that tears at the edge of his eyes. "Thank you."

The thank-you he whispered contained so much heart that I almost grabbed the boy in a hug right then and there.

But this wasn't the time or place for manly hugs and besides the clones were waiting for my instructions patiently seeing the situation.

"Alright," I began every one got a leaf?"

I get several shouts of agreement and then I began of explaining how they were supposed to use there Chakra to cut the leaf before I left the clones to their devices while I brought Naruto a few ways away from the clones.

"Alright, stand right over there." I pointed right in front of me as we stood on top of the smooth earth that I had evened out yesterday.

"Now what?"

The patch we were standing on also happens to have written a huge seal matrix on it yesterday which was now glowing a bright blue. A seal matrix that multiplied gravity over a set area.

I sat on the ground in a comfortable position and began channelling my chakra into the seal activating it. Causing Naruto to buckle under the strain as he tried to stay upright, but leaving me unaffected thanks to the ridiculous strength and physics nullifying field Alexandria package provided.

"What the hell?"

"Gravity Multiplication Seal: 1.5 times normal gravity. If you can get used to walking around in this well, your strength and speed will become much much greater."

"Alright!" He said gritting his teeth as he continued to remain standing. "I can do this, believe it!"

It took nearly two hours before Naruto finally collapsed on the ground hard, tired and I stopped channelling chakra letting the gravity over the area return to normal as the seal deactivated.

"How did I do?" He panted as he rolled facing me his muscles tired from being pushed so hard for so long.

"Very well for your first day, how about we go get some Ramen. My treat?" I offered knowing it would get some energy back into him.

"Yatta." He cheered tiredly but not even moving from the spot. I guess he must be really exhausted huh? He might crash if he disperses his shadow clones now. Best get some food into him first.

I signalled Ebisu that I was leaving before I took naruto and carried him on my back.

And for the first time, I took off into the sky towards Ichiraku in view of someone else.

I could feel Naruto amazement as I grinned. "You're flying! That is so awesome!"

"I know right?" my grin widened, by the time I was done training him, I was going to bring him to atleast high chunin level or perhaps Tokujo.

He might have failed the academy thrice, but that was because there was no one to put in the effort to teach the kid.

One's Nature didn't mean one could only use that Natured jutsu. It just meant that they found it the easiest to learn and master.

So theoretically one could learn and master five nature Chakra, Yin and Yang Chakra. And Hiruzen sensei proved it.

I had mastered Fire, water and earth Chakra manipulations.

A few training grounds away several of my own clones were training as well, training to master wind Chakra manipulation as well.

"We are here," I informed the tired boy, landing in front of Ichiraku's ignoring all the people staring at me as I gently let Naruto down, who seemed to have regained a bit of energy as he walked in and sat down to order. "

"Oyaji, one Uzumaki Habanero Special!!"

"A chicken ramen for me," I added as I sat down as well.

"Coming right up!"

This was going to be an interesting month.

Last edited:
From Worm Serial, Basically Superman without Eyes Power or Breath Power.

@Harripota also a full invulnerability, except against things that can affect how they interact with dimension layers ie:Siberian, a power which makes them an eternal record which gives both perfect recall and is responsible for the invincibility, but also means any damage done can't be fixed,, which
was what allowed for her death, because a previous injury was exploited to kill them

was what allowed for her death, because a previous injury was exploited to kill them
Wasn't she litterally brain dead because she was drowned in insect, courtesy of our dear Queen of Escalation? Not tha it's been a long time since I read Worm, and read a looot of Fanfic, so I'm more than a bit iffy on the detail.

But Yeah, basically a flying locked in time brick with perfect memory and immunity to Master Effect (brainwashing) as well i believe?

It seems like a really small detail but if I was an orphan who just recently learned that my mother had a ramen flavor named for her, I'd be ordering that all the time so it's weird that Naruto went for Miso this chapter.

But like I said, really small detail.

He's what? 12-13? Not four.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a kid who never knew his parents suddenly finding out that his favorite ramen stand dedicated a ramen flavor to someone he just recently found out was his mother. Even if he was older than twenty, he'd have to have the emotional range of a goldfish to not get that as often as he can, even if it's only to feel a connection with his dead mom.

It seems like a really small detail but if I was an orphan who just recently learned that my mother had a ramen flavor named for her, I'd be ordering that all the time so it's weird that Naruto went for Miso this chapter.

But like I said, really small detail.
I agree with you on this one. I would probably be desperate to mimic them in anyway possible just for a chance to be closer.

Back