In Fine, Solum Est Tibi (A Quest in Rome, During The Fall of the Republic)

Sure, but this is definitely gonna speed up the process.
I mean, Marius already did that fun little purge on his own faction, because he needed to cement control, and he killed the lot of the senators as well... to get a potential reset.

And frankly, it might have gone well... had he not bungled the bag and lost his own war.

Also that King shit did not help the Republic.
I may be paranoid here, but I don't want to repeat what happened in La Chason regarding Robespierre, therefore I think it's best to let Marius die here, for the good of Rome (and for the good of the Republic, but as I've said, Marius' actions already killed the Roman Republic and I believe it won't come back).
Eh, Dead Republics.

Future Ambitions... Really its all fun and games until fun things happen.
Nah. He is compiling Lists of his Enemies - aka every single surviving Supporter of Marius, plus People opposing him in general - and has them and their Families all purged. Something he did in OTL, too.
Well maybe not all of them... seeing as Maris did some of that job for him, but there are definitely some of them that will need to be made examples.

if only to keep appearences.
The Republic died when Marius purged the Senate (allegedly because the Senators were plotting against the Republic in some way) and had the 10 survivors of said purge name him King. Sulla's doing his best to safeguard Rome, but if that means letting the Republic die, he will let it die.
Well I am going to say this...

The purge worked.

But now there are going to be lots of new blooded senators in Senate House.

Oh boy this is going to be fun.

Back