In Fine, Solum Est Tibi (A Quest in Rome, During The Fall of the Republic)

True but it means we depend on the goodwill of Sulla and the fact he remains at the helm ( with our subterfuge stat I don't think we can reliably play the political game of Rome).
And the probability that Sulla stays in power in this playthrough of Romain history is not that great.
I mean he was in power until a year or so before he died. And plenty of those allied with him retained power and influence well after his death. As for the Goodwill of Sulla, we rolled 98. We'd have to actively work to ruin a relationship with a man who considers us family.

To me, Sticking with Sulla is the best way to build up enough power to enable us to survive and triumph over later troubles.

I mean he was in power until a year or so before he died. And plenty of those allied with him retained power and influence well after his death. As for the Goodwill of Sulla, we rolled 98. We'd have to actively work to ruin a relationship with a man who considers us family.

To me, Sticking with Sulla is the best way to build up enough power to enable us to survive and triumph over later troubles.
Yeah, but we could do that with a fleet as well, AND we could act as naval logistics for any legion that is conquering territory that isn't landlocked.

Yeah, but we could do that with a fleet as well, AND we could act as naval logistics for any legion that is conquering territory that isn't landlocked.
I mean the thing is going off on our own to hunt pirates isn't gonna win us fame and glory like being in a legion would. Romans weren't good at sailing nor did they particularly prize it. And the timing is not right to pull off a Sextus Pompey and Make Ourselves Boat King (Queen)

I mean the thing is going off on our own to hunt pirates isn't gonna win us fame and glory like being in a legion would. Romans weren't good at sailing nor did they particularly prize it. And the timing is not right to pull off a Sextus Pompey and Make Ourselves Boat King (Queen)
We can change that, we could bring to heel marauding Sicilians, enforce Rome's majesty and might across the seas, enable trade by water, we could literally possess a stranglehold on the flow of goods and coin, Roman generals will curry for our favor to transport their legions to distant lands, to supply their legions by sea, we could be a trailblazer and not just some wretch clutching at Sulla's robes to give us glory when we can seize it for ourselves. You want to change Rome, why not start here?

OTL Sulla died in 4 years (78 BC), so only three years to make us big enough to stay relevant after his passing, I mean it may not happen but the guy is 56 and he die of bad health (Ulcer)

OTL Sulla died in 4 years (78 BC), so only three years to make us big enough to stay relevant after his passing, I mean it may not happen but the guy is 56 and he die of bad health (Ulcer)
I mean Sulla dying in general makes us more vulnerable so to me the speediest option to power is through direct military action rather than building up money pirate hunting.

Maybe not, but the time is ripe for someone to get a monopoly on grain import in Rome ;).
Plus Romain is not bad at seas fighting anymore, they even beat Carthage on sea and the only big concurrence I see is the Venete tribe near Britanny (so not an issue right now) and the greek remainant.

I mean Sulla dying in general makes us more vulnerable so to me the speediest option to power is through direct military action rather than building up money pirate hunting.
You may be right, with our stat it could be a way to victory but personally, I think that land war will be too slow for us and that we may not have the opportunity to go to wage war if the old man died on us.

And if you think I am shilling a bit much for pirate hunting it's because my first academic paper was on the invention of the Corvus bridge, so i would love to see how Magoose will write a naval quest.

Last edited:
There's a civil war brewing though. How is that too slow for you?
True there is still Marians in Sicily and Africa but I think Pompe is going to get command on this one, not sure I want to be there with him.

Edit.
30 minutes until the end of the vote and the pirate plan needs two more voices to win, We are really going to be cursed, condemn to be on the ground when we could soar on the wave.

Last edited:
Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Magoose on Apr 14, 2022 at 12:00 AM, finished with 130 posts and 34 votes.

• [X]Plan: Western Affairs and Eastern Wars
    -[X]Yes: He is your uncle, he will be a free man.
    -[X]Academic: You have 25 scribe slaves, who are well versed in Latin and Greek. You have thousands upon thousands of stories that can be transcribed to text, send out to the highest bidder, and even work for certain… individuals in Rome. Unfortunately, with your myths not fitting Rome's official canon (or the Priest's ideas that keep them in power) you may find yourself into a blasted war with the priests.
    -[X]The Vulcan's Hammer Furia was not at the funeral, which was not very important. |It was a private affair after all. But there were many things that you need to discuss. Like the future of this relationship that you wish to cultivate. DC: 20
    -[X]Paying Debts: You owe a Talent to your Father's man, who built the Stable, and since it was in your father's will, you were going to do what was needed. Cost 1 Talent DC: 5
    -[X]Father's Last Gift: You know for a blasted fact that there is something more your father has hidden away. Hopefully, it is not just a hope that a daughter can have, to find one last gift. DC: ???
    -[X]Kiss the Ring: You will Pay your Respect to Sulla, and perhaps, see how he views you as a woman, an ally, and the daughter of one of his staunchest supporters. DC: 25
    -[X]Cassius and Child: Your lady friend and companion have taken to motherhood nicely, but you really need to know who the father of her child is, and if that father may decide that you housing her will be a threat to him. DC: 45
    -[X]A Legionary's Life: You are going to get into the Legion. You will try and convince Sulla to give you a legion, and set out on the campaign, not only to defeat Rome's enemies but to gain glory, and honor. And so much more. Reward: Begin An Adventure in the East, with the 5th Legion.
    [X]Plan Pirate Hunting
    -[X]Academic: You have 25 scribe slaves, who are well versed in Latin and Greek. You have thousands upon thousands of stories that can be transcribed to text, send out to the highest bidder, and even work for certain… individuals in Rome. Unfortunately, with your myths not fitting Rome's official canon (or the Priest's ideas that keep them in power) you may find yourself into a blasted war with the priests.
    -[X] The Legionary's Lifer: Metellus is back in Rome, and once again, stirring up trouble. He is once again petitioning the Senate for promotion to Legate, to be any Legate in the Roman Legion, as long as he gets his promotion. You need to remind him that his patron has been replaced. And he needs to calm down… You'll handle this. DC: 35
    -[X]Cassius and Child: Your lady friend and companion have taken to motherhood nicely, but you really need to know who the father of her child is, and if that father may decide that you housing her will be a threat to him. DC: 45
    -[X]Father's Last Gift: You know for a blasted fact that there is something more your father has hidden away. Hopefully, it is not just a hope that a daughter can have, to find one last gift. DC: ???
    -[X]Kiss the Ring: You will Pay your Respect to Sulla, and perhaps, see how he views you as a woman, an ally, and the daughter of one of his staunchest supporters. DC: 25
    -[X] A Legion's Promise: You are going to get Metellus his legion, and perhaps once things are prepared, he can assist you as well. You may not have connections, but you do have one thing. A very convincing smile. DC: ???
    -[X]And By the Sea, They Come: The Pirates came and left as quickly came. There are bounties out on ships that sail and are pirates. There are so many things that are broken, but you have a ship, and you know damn well that the money is good. 500 Talents for every captured ship. Reward: You take your ship and sail the Mediterranean, hunting down pirates.
    [X] Plan: First Steps
    -[X]Industrial: You will convert this cursed land into something extraordinary. You will build your villa into a producer of Roman Steel. The problem is, you need lots of money to even try to do this. Money you do not have.
    -[X]The Vulcan's Hammer Furia was not at the funeral, which was not very important. |It was a private affair after all. But there were many things that you need to discuss. Like the future of this relationship that you wish to cultivate. DC: 20
    -[X] The Legionary's Lifer: Metellus is back in Rome, and once again, stirring up trouble. He is once again petitioning the Senate for promotion to Legate, to be any Legate in the Roman Legion, as long as he gets his promotion. You need to remind him that his patron has been replaced. And he needs to calm down… You'll handle this. DC: 35
    -[X]The Plans for Substance: You need to make plans to get your supplies to Roman Market, or beyond. You just need to find a way to do it. DC:35
    -[X]The Senate: You want to know what the Senate thinks of you, now at this very moment. DC: 30.
    [X]Plan: Off to Conquer the East
    -[X]Industrial: You will convert this cursed land into something extraordinary. You will build your villa into a producer of Roman Steel. The problem is, you need lots of money to even try to do this. Money you do not have.
    -[X]Paying Debts: You owe a Talent to your Father's man, who built the Stable, and since it was in your father's will, you were going to do what was needed. Cost 1 Talent DC: 5
    -[X] A Legion's Promise: You are going to get Metellus his legion, and perhaps once things are prepared, he can assist you as well. You may not have connections, but you do have one thing. A very convincing smile. DC: ???
    -[X]A Legionary's Life: You are going to get into the Legion. You will try and convince Sulla to give you a legion, and set out on the campaign, not only to defeat Rome's enemies but to gain glory, and honor. And so much more. Reward: Begin An Adventure in the East, with the 5th Legion.
    [X] Plan PQR [Populusque Rōmānus]
    [X] Plan: Molten Roman Gold
    -[X]The Plans for Substance: You need to make plans to get your supplies to Roman Market, or beyond. You just need to find a way to do it. DC:35
    -[X] Taxes and Tax exemptions, and Write-offs: So you have been looking at the ledgers of the villa, and realized something very important. Your father has been paying far too much to the state in taxes. You need to adjust that accordingly… hopefully without screwing everything up/ DC: 55
    -[X]Into the Belly of the Beast: You will meet with the Marian supporters in Rome. And perhaps, if you are lucky, can curry favor with them, with promises, favors, and much more. DC: 45
    -[X]The Fates Spurned: There is a man, named Crassus who needs a diplomat to serve his and Rome's interests in the East, in the Kingdom of Judea, to not only secure rights for trade for roman merchants, but also, to serve as his spy. He wants to see how strong they are, or in the favor, how weak they are. Reward: You travel to Judea, as a merchant, a spy, and a diplomat.

Well, folks, looks like we're goin' to Anatolia.

I hope leaving with next to no preperation at home doesn't come back to bite us.
All I shall say is this:

Those omakes and bonuses really helped out.

Also: @Silver Gambit and @Orion Ultor The Three +10's will be placed randomly unless you want to place them down for the turn.

You have 3 hours to reply to this call (Unless of course, we have some things like timezones to worry about), and if that is the case, they will still be used, just randomly.

All I shall say is this:

Those omakes and bonuses really helped out.

Also: @Silver Gambit and @Orion Ultor The Three +10's will be placed randomly unless you want to place them down for the turn.

You have 3 hours to reply to this call (Unless of course, we have some things like timezones to worry about), and if that is the case, they will still be used, just randomly.
Put mine towards Kiss the Ring I think.

Oh and you may wonder why skills or stats are not being used here for this first turn roll.

Easy: Your adventures will use them.

2.0 A Life Of Adventure, Well Begun
2.0 A Life Of Adventure, Well Begun

There was such a strange feeling, walking the Docks that were owned by another man, holding onto a ship that was yours. Your father had been very capable of realizing that the future of this Roman Republic, and in all wealth, and power, lay solely under the control of the Sea. Control over all that flowed, and all that.

You needed a captain you could trust, and there was no man that your father trusted more than your uncle.

And that was why he was here. "I thought there was going to be more ceremony?" He asked as he looked at the papers that signified, not only he was a free man of Rome but under your protection. And the protection of the Senate, though not as a citizen. "You know, dancing girls, a party for such celebrations as a family member being freed from slavery?"

"You and I both know that we both hate celebrations. Despite upbringing and my personal love to see a triumph." You stated.

No, you were lying, you loved parties and celebrations, but for Ion's sake, you knew that he wanted this to be a private affair, a quiet one, where the only thing was the promises that were made, and then kept.

Maybe it proved Roman honor, despite everything, existed, and could be extended to all.

Or maybe it was because he was family.

"You know Claudia. When I lost my mother and brothers to that raid and to slavery, I was a broken man." There were tears on his face, even as he looked away, and you could feel the joy and sadness in his voice. "I felt the gods cursed my life, that Hades had come to destroy my hope and my desires. That Posiden had come to me, and would never allow me to sail his oceans again."

He then smiled and looked back at you. "And then I held you in my arms for the first time, and then I realized that matter what, you would be there. You learned your mother's tongue, and you learned your father's way… but you never let go of that kindness that your mother gave you."

Then without being able to react, he embraced you. "Thank you."

"For what?" You asked.

"Άφησε με να δω τα Κύματα μια τελευταία φορά" He spoke in your mothers tongue.

You then smiled. "Ion, of my family… Will you sail the waves for my name? To control the seas, and to be of wondrous duty?"

There was no answer, only a smile and a ruffle of your hair.

His eyes said everything.

Reward: Ion is now a Free Man and Captian of your Trieme. He is now sailing the Mare Nostrum, at this moment, hunting Pirates.

You can ask him to do other things by letter.

As he is a Sea Born and Blessed by Posidon, and Zagreus, when he is out on the Water, he gains a +30 to his rolls

He now joins the Retinue Rolls.
--------------------------------------------------------------

-[X]Academic: You have 25 scribe slaves, who are well versed in Latin and Greek. You have thousands upon thousands of stories that can be transcribed to text, send out to the highest bidder, and even work for certain… individuals in Rome. Unfortunately, with your myths not fitting Rome's official canon (or the Priest's ideas that keep them in power) you may find yourself into a blasted war with the priests. Rolled: 90

Income Increased by:D10000 => 8655

There are many things that you have learned in the few months of changing your entire land's efforts into the stories of old, and even new.

Legal documents, transcripts, and even Senate hearing notes are being asked to be transcribed and written down.

You had prepared two teams, one for translation of stories, and the other for working on political, and present-day texts.

Thankfully, most texts were only a scroll or two long, and of course, you charged an extortionate amount for it.

And while there was grumbling… you knew for a fact there was money to be made.

And the best part, the Priests, at the moment, do not care. They have no interest in reading your scrolls, and merely think you are just…. Getting ahead before marriage.

After all, who cares about Barbarian stories that they think you are transcribing.
------------

Reward: Income increased by 8655.

You are now the foremost producer, and translator of any greek, roman, and Eastern Texts in Rome, and are building quite a collection.

The priests are watching your career with great interest.

And the many roman families are paying handsomely for the services of your villa.

Your Agricultural output has turned to the sustenance of the scribes and scholars that are working in the Villa's scribe rooms.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-[X]The Vulcan's Hammer Furia was not at the funeral, which was not very important. It was a private affair after all. But there were many things that you need to discuss. Like the future of this relationship that you wish to cultivate. DC: 20 Rolled: 56

Furia's home was awakening with the sounds of metal and flame, as she beat down on a sword. She has filled the fire and energy of Vulcan himself…

And his anger. "I take it he's dead." She stated as she pointed down at the blade, feeling it with a finger before placing it into the water.

"He is." You replied. Not even needing to give the name, or who it was.

"Shame." She replied, trying to hide her sadness as she pounded the edge of the blade.

"I want to talk to you about the agreements." You stated.

"Nothing much to talk about." She nodded at the blade and set it down, it was sharp and well forged. "Your father was the one I worked with, not his daughter."

"I would help with making the agreement worthwhile?" You asked. "If you were willing."

"Men don't see me as a master smith, they see a woman who needs to be married off again. But all my children are gone off to live their own lives, and your father was the only one who helped me when my husband killed himself with the drink." She was shaking her head. "I knew he wanted to keep it private, but we knew each other for twenty years! And he didn't think me important enough for his funeral."

"I think he didn't want you to have any more grief than you already have."

Furia sat down. "He was my only friend. And you think you can replace him."

"No." You replied. "But you don't have to be alone anymore."

"What do you think that other children can replace what I no longer have. Some wet behind the ears boys can replace my children?" She asked.

You nodded. "I never said they would. I just know what it feels like to be alone."

A lie perhaps. But it was a lie that was true in some ways. But you didn't need to tell her that. "So what do you say. Shall we work?"

"I chose the apprentices, and they will be my choice." She stated. "And they will be free, not slaves."

"Done."

Reward:

Furia has joined the Villa and is training her apprentices.

Investing in a forge is available.

As Furia is blessed by Vulcan, there is a chance for her to create something special and new.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-[X]Paying Debts: You owe a Talent to your Father's man, who built the Stable, and since it was in your father's will, you were going to do what was needed. Cost 1 Talent DC: 5 Rolled:45

The men were paid, paid well, and were happy to receive the money.

Word has spread of your honor and your tact.

Reward: -1 Talent.

Rome speaks well of you, as you keep your promises, and help those who are your friend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-[X]Father's Last Gift: You know for a blasted fact that there is something more your father has hidden away. Hopefully, it is not just a hope that a daughter can have, to find one last gift. DC: ??? Rolled: 86+15=101+101+86= 288

You found it on the hill, the one where your mother was buried, in the tree of olives.

It was… By the Gods.

A letter from your mother.

And something that you never expected.

My Dearest Daughter.

I write you this letter because I fear my time in this world is nearing the end. But your father had wished to not worry about this, and make sure no one else knew about it. So we both made a pact where we would both be dead before we would tell you.

My ashes are not entered into the ground on the hill as your father had told you. As we both feared that it would have been found.

My family, before I was married and my brothers were enslaved, owned over 100 ships, even more than many navies, primarily trade ships that were traveling all over the seas, for fortune and profit.

Accordingly, we were very wealthy. In fact, my dowry was over 25 ships to your father.

He sold all but one and left the money hidden, not only from the tax collectors, but to keep it safe from any thieves.

He had many ways to hide it, but he instead did the one thing that no one would expect it.

Bury it all with me.

And that is what he has done.

So desecrate my grave, my child, for your inheritance… your true inheritance.

I love you always.
-------------------------------------------------

You spent two days digging her grave up… and then you saw huge bags of gold.

When you finished counting you realized something.

What were you going to spend it on?

Reward: Gain +50 Talents of Gold, that were hidden from you by your father and mother to keep it safe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-[X]Kiss the Ring: You will Pay your Respect to Sulla, and perhaps, see how he views you as a woman, an ally, and the daughter of one of his staunchest supporters. DC: 25 Rolled: 45+15=60

Sulla was waiting for you in his home, and one of the first things he did as he saw you, showed his joy. "My dear child., it is wonderful to see you in Rome?"

"Not for long, I hope." You smiled as you bowed to him, and bent down and kissed his hand. "But it is a wondrous thing to see you in health."

Sulla chuckled and his subordinates, those that were from the senate-house, joined in, to follow their master's joy. "This girl has a future in Rome."

"I would hope not, I would rather see the world, and God's Majesty first, before I find a husband." You were quick and quiet in your statement, but Sulla seemed to enjoy that.

"I would rather hope to see you married, to see if there are those who would be fine allies to have."

He was offering you many things, but instead, you smiled. "My father always viewed marriage as more trust than politics and wealth, you of all people should know my father never did things frivolously. And always was calculated."

That made many of the men, and even Sulla himself look at you with an odd, but knowing glance.

"And what calculation have you provided yourself with?" Sulla asked.

"Loyalty to family, to those who have always been loyal to my father." You smiled as you saw nods of approval. "If that is the case? And it is accepted."

Sulla nodded and smiled. "I knew my son was well enough to produce a daughter who was highly capable. Greater than any son that could have been given to him. I accept."

Reward: Sulla has been met, and the rewards for loyalty to him will soon be revealed.

Your Word now carries much weight in any field.

But know this:

Sulla is mortal, and he will die.

You will need to prepare for such eventualities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-[X]Cassius and Child: Your lady friend and companion have taken to motherhood nicely, but you really need to know who the father of her child is, and if that father may decide that you housing her will be a threat to him. DC: 45 Rolled: 30+15=45

To Claudia Nerva, of the Venerable Noblii family Genes, Claudii.

You are caring for the child and the mother of my child.

They are not of the stock of wondrous and noble blood of the Noble patrician family.

Her lies will not gain her anything.

And it will only kill you.​

There was no signature, only a slave begging for you not to kill him.

You, however, smiled. The man whom she claimed was Cassius had made a blunder.

The child was his.

And you smiled. Now you had to play the waiting game. And make sure that Child would be paraded as the Heir to the wealthiest man in the world.

Reward: You now know that Cassius had a child, an illegitimate one at that, and one that is now in your possession, and he had given you proof of it is a threat.

You need to keep the kid and his mother safe until you can gain the authority, and possibly the leverage over the man… and then make sure little Marcus will inherit some if not all of that fortune.

Beware the Child is in danger and needs to be protected at all costs.
--------------------

Starting Situation Roll: 20

One Legion versus all of the East. And you were not commanding it… You were, however, a senior military Tribune.

Well at Least Sulla gave you a legion that was well worth the task…

Never mind, you think Sulla is trying to kill this man. Or this man was trying to break all the treaties to win glory and honor in the field of battle. Lucius Licinius Murena was either an idiot for taking only a single legion against Pontus…

Or an absolute genius.

But what mattered to you, was that he was the Legate in charge of you. And you needed to make sure he didn't get you all killed.
--------------------

Which Slave did you Bring with you?:
[]Spieo: Your old spiral is not as young as she used to be, but she has the wisdom that is second to none.
[]Caecilia Antia: You always need a friend and her husband to help you. There are things that male slaves or old slaves just do not understand.
[]Pip: You need a good killer and commander, even if he does not have men. You will need many things to assist you, and he knows how military life works.
-----------------

How do you plan to handle your… Gender Reveal?:
[]Be honest: You know a woman has no right to be in a camp, but once you show up with full kit, and armor and are outrunning, out fighting, and out-thinking your comrades, you will know there is little they will say. (High Risk, but no one will dare question your orders in battle)

[]Act Through Proxies: Pip may not look roman, but he does look like a soldier, and those will be much better than that. (Medium risk, must bring Pip with you)

[]Act as a Ghost: You must become like a shadow, pulling the strings. No one will accept a woman, so no one will know you are even there. (Medium risk)

[]Write in

AN: enjoy, and please vote in plan format please.

The Vote begins in 4 hours.

Stories of the Pirate: The Cycle of Zagreus (II)
"And what of Dionysus' heart in Aphrodite's hands? What then?"

Not wishing to anger Uncle Ion further, she reached for her cup and downed it quickly, in the hopes it would quench her thirst.

"Aphrodite, enraged at the death of her Dionysus, whom she loved as dearly as a brother, delved into the depths of Hades to meet with the Dread Persepho-"

At this, her Uncle bolted forth and slapped a hand over her mouth, shrieking, "SPEAK NOT HER NAME, LEST YOU DRAW HER GAZE!"

She shook her head viciously in agreement, eyes wide and already regretting her slip of the tongue, forgetting for a moment his deeply superstitious nature.

A moment more passed, before he stepped back, disappointment lancing through his tone, "You know better, Lykos."

"I do know better Uncle Ion," she says, wanting nothing more than to shut herself away from embarrassment, "I have no excuse for this."

Moments passed between them, before he stood and, against all sense of decorum, enveloped her in a mighty embrace, hugging herself to him.

"You are all that remains of my sister," he murmurs into her hair, even as her own arms embraced him back, his nature as one of the servii being one of a few matters that did not allow him to act openly as her favored Uncle, "I do not desire to see any more of my family taken before their time."

"I know Uncle Ion," she whispers, tears at the edges of her eyes, "I'm sorry I scared you so."

They sat this way for a short while, before he released her, doing the best to present themselves properly, and motioned her to continue the tale, words failing him.

"So with the heart of Lord Dionysus in hand, she traveled to the Underworld in the dead of Winter to meet with Despoina," she began, the tale beginning to feel as ash on her lips, "where she asked her fellow goddess to restore her beloved lord to life. The bargaining was fierce, for nothing may escape Death's Embrace, and in the end the matter was settled when it was decided that Dionysus would be incarnated, though his memories of the life before would be fleeting at best during his early years. So it came to be that the god would be reborn, his flesh rebuilt around his heart by the workings of Despoina and Aphrodite, and given the name Adonis, called Iacchus by the Athenians and Tammuz by the Cannanites, to be raised by Despoina until reaching the age of maturity.

Here, the story becomes muddled as there are some that claim he reborn fully mortal or fully divine, that upon his maturity Zeus would intervene in the matter or by the words of a Muse, but regardless of who or what exactly occurred, the truth of the matter is that as he grew into maturity, he grew into such beautiful that he became a lover to both the goddesses, attending to one or another for a third of the year while the remaining days were his alone to decide; it was during that time he befriended the other gods, foremost among them Ares, Artemis and Pan.

And so it went for many a year, until he encountered Apollo.
"

Here she paused, searching her memory for what happened next, and found nothing.

"I apologize Uncle, but mother did not share with me more of the circumstances surrounding their meeting, other than that Apollo was a cruel and jealous lover and it was by his hand Dionysus Adonis passed."

His eyes glinted a fierce but pale light, "You are young yet Lyksos, to know of Apollo's capricious nature, inherited from his father, and the many cruelties enacted in the face of his many predilections. In a few years time that will change, but for now your apologizes are unnecessary."

She nodded, feeling a pit in her stomach at the prospect, before continuing the tale, "In learning of his passing the goddesses wept tears of loss profound, placing before his grave a great multitude of flowers and proclaimed the day a celebration of his life. Once the day passed, their sorrow turned to rage and enacted many horrors upon the god, tormenting his every waking moment and ensuring the objects of his affections would forever be apart from him. This, the Second Death of Dionysus.

For great many a year after the goddesses wept, and though the loss of their beloved would become a lesser burden with each passing year, they never forget him, even as they slowly began to take new lovers and eventually husbands.

So it came as a surprise when he was reborn for a third time, yet again with the arms of Despoina, as the god Zagreus.
"

She would have continued from there, but it was then she heard the distant call of her father. Turning to her Uncle, she found him nodding.

"Go, we shall finish up with the matter at another time."

She gathered her materials and went to leave, before bolting back to her Uncle's side and hugging him a brief moment before leaving to attend her father.

What she couldn't know, for she hadn't stayed to witness it was her Uncle's repressed tears, and the whispered prayer to Despoina and her son, Zagreus, pleading for what must have been the thousandth upon thousandth time for his sister's well treatment in the Underworld.

I love that my friend.

It's amazing.

Also, What do you want with that?

-[]Uncle Ion's Adventures as a Roman Privateer and Adventurer (A Bonus to his Rolls)
-[]A woman outwitting the Assassins (Fabia Ecdicia gains additional rolls for her and her child survival)

Which Slave did you Bring with you?:
How do you plan to handle your… Gender Reveal?:
Pip and Honesty should be the better choices all told.
Also, What do you want with that?

-[]Uncle Ion's Adventures as a Roman Privateer and Adventurer (A Bonus to his Rolls)
-[]A woman outwitting the Assassins (Fabia Ecdicia gains additional rolls for her and her child survival)
While Fabia could use it more, it's more relevant to Ion's situation. To the Pirate it need be, for who else to hoist the colors?

Back