I Love you

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

I Love You

I was on my way home from work. The sun was bright. Buildings...
I Love You

I was on my way home from work. The sun was bright. Buildings towered into the air around me. The city had its own manmade beauty to it. A geometric symmetry that nature couldn't reflect. The light of the sun reflected off the windows of the skyscrapers back at me. I was on the train. Sitting comfortably on the cushioned bench seat nearest the window. The seats were well worn. This was an older train; I could tell because the seat coverings had numerous scuff marks and little tears. I watched the cars drive by bellow. The trains travelled high above the roads but were still nothing compared the buildings all around me. "Excuse me." A voice from behind me spoke in a polite cheery voice. "Would you care for any refreshments?" The voice asked as I turned to meet it. It was a service android, pushing a cart of bottled water and small packages of crackers. The android was very human in shape, but the texture of her body was obviously mechanical in nature. You could barley tell the difference between humans and the newer models of these androids. This stewardess however was not a new model. She looked to be several years old, ancient for androids these days. "Sure." I replied. "Just a bottle of water."

The android stewardess reached forward and handed me the bottled water. "Thanks." I replied with a smile. I know the androids can't process human emotion, but why should they be treated with any less politeness? The stewardess continued down the train car, asking other passengers as she went. I looked down at my phone, three new messages from my wife.

To: Cuddle Bunny:)

Heading Home -

Sent 5:15pm, Seen 5:16pm​

CB - Ok

Sent 5:16pm, Seen 5:24pm

I'm making chicken and
potatoes for dinner

Sent 5:17pm, Seen 5:25pm

Can't wait to see you:)

Sent 5:20pm, Seen 5:25pm

I loved it when she made chicken and potatoes. The chicken is breaded with cracker crumbs and covered in a layer of cheese, and the potatoes are cut into pieces and baked, then covered with ranch seasoning. It's my favorite.

Heading Home -

Sent 5:15pm, Seen 5:16pm​

CB - Ok

Sent 5:16pm, Seen 5:24pm

I'm making chicken and
potatoes for dinner

Sent 5:17pm, Seen 5:25pm

That sounds delicious, -
i'll be home in about a
hour. Can't wait!

Sent 5:25pm, Seen 5:26pm​

I really couldn't wait to get home now. I had been attending a conference for work and hadn't been home in few days. I missed my wife, and I missed her cooking. I opened my water and took a few sips. Then I got out my headphones and put on some music. I lay back, still looking out the window. We were just passing the Global Commerce Center. I let my senses fade and just listened to the music, watching the world go by, but without thinking or taking in the images.

I was in a trancelike state, just listening and watching. All of the sudden a new song came on, I had never heard this song before, I looked down at my phone to see the band name. The band's name was Violent Daisies. Huh, I liked the song a lot, it was called Honest Hearts. I also saw something else, some new messages.

That sounds delicious, -
i'll be home in about a
hour. Can't wait!

Sent 5:25pm, Seen 5:26pm​

CB - Have you heard what
they are saying on the
news? They are saying
nuclear weapons have
been fired on the Unites
States. And no one
knows who fired them.

Sent 5:40pm, Seen 5:49pm

I'm really worried, does
that mean we are going
to war? I just need you to
be back here soon

Sent 5:43pm, Seen 5:49pm

Are you serious? –

Sent 5:50, Seen 5:55pm

Fired on where?

I looked outside again, this time paying attention to the details. There were people scrambling around the streets, running, pushing each other aside. There was chaos below. Overhead I could see numerous military aircraft flying across the sky, all in a single direction. There was fires on the ground, smoke billowing into the air, what was going on? Ahead of me I saw the stewardess android, she had her hands in the air and a police officer was pointing a gun at her. I pulled off my headphones, I could hear the officer yelling at the android. "What did you things do!?" He shouted at the steward. "Please remain calm." The steward replied in a soothing voice. The officer opened fire on the stewardess. She collapsed in a heap. I ducked down behind my seat, I didn't know what was happening, but that officer just opened fire on a train, and I didn't want to be his next target. I looked out the window again, it was dark outside. How? It couldn't be any later than 6pm or so. In the air I could now see thousands, maybe millions of drones blanketing the sky. They hovered ominously, like they were waiting for something. I tried to call my wife but couldn't get through. There was no phone signal. I checked to see if I could text her, I was still able to text with wifi. As I opened the texting app and began to type, I saw a beam of light penetrate the darkness above. The drones had dispersed in a circular pattern, like they were letting something past them. And then I saw it, still high in the sky, it looked like a missile. I knew what it was, there was only one thing it could be. I quickly began typing out a text, I had to tell my wife, I had to warn her, I had to let her know what was happening. I stopped typing. I looked up again at the missile. There was no doubting it now, it was aimed at the Global Commerce Center. The radius would be enormous, I… I don't think there is any way either of us will survive the blast. I erased what I had been texting and began again. I just needed her to know.

Cuddle Bunny:)

CB - I'm really worried, does
that mean we are going
to war? I just need you to
be back here soon

Sent 5:43pm, Seen 5:49pm

Are you serious? –

Fired on where?

I Love you

Sent 5:59, Seen 5:59pm​