Human Ascent (Stellaris and Mass Effect)

[] - Meritocracy: An individual's social station or personal connections should have no bearing on their profession. The sole basis for advancement in this society is demonstrated ability and talent.
[] - Technocracy: To maximize efficiency, this society is governed according to the principles of science and rationality. The personal whims of an ignorant and dangerously unqualified political elite must not be allowed to interfere.
[] - Rational Consensus: The government is a materialistic form of democracy, governed according to principles based on rationality and scientific theory. (Needs Technocracy)

First Thirty Years
Okay. I now have a good narrative now. Once again past information and standards prove me right. At year 18 I had my first contact. By year 32 or 2039 I've met with six or so aliens. Formed a few research agremennts and non defensive pacts but surprisingly this humanity has been quite resilient and peaceful. One of the major reasons this is because the one of the strongest empire in this setting is a Fanatic Purifier. I mean they only control 125 systems but this alone is why no one wants to pick a fight with me ... for now. And vice versa.

Everyone who borders and hates me knows that unless they actually beat me quickly then the fanatic purifier would kill them all. And vice versa as well. The fanatic purifiers K IE that if they invade one nation or empire then at least four would step in. I'm literally trying to expand to be a good "tall" empire of 30 systems and the world's because I know that if one of them decides to fall them I'm next.

Yeah. In hindsight it was a bit too much to expect my computer to handle this. The threads dead now. I'm legitimately surprised. After 40 years things have become too much for my computer to handle.

Perhaps you should try with a fewer number of factions? Just a dozen or just twenty would be good.
You can also disable any primitive civilization. That'll avoid any new faction popping up apart from the ones assigned at the start.

aw well...shame...

well at least you tried.
Perhaps you should try with a fewer number of factions? Just a dozen or just twenty would be good.
You can also disable any primitive civilization. That'll avoid any new faction popping up apart from the ones assigned at the start.

Yeah. I am really sorry about this. But apparently after forty years there's just too many people in the galaxy causing too many problems. It keeps crashing after a year or so. If you are interest I can show you the final map and the resulting scenarios but that's it.

Sad to see your game die mate.

I agree with @Terran Imperium maybe you could try less AI empires and a smaller galaxy. It would solve some of the problems you are having.
Thats if you want to of course.

Last edited:
Back