From SV Zeros to DBZ Power Houses

As I hear this, my eyes narrow.

Though I manage to suppress my groan, my eyes go from 'narrowed' to 'glare' for a brief moment.

I take the phone.

"It seems that you're right. We do need to have a chat. To consolidate plans and worries, if nothing else. As for your offer... I'm going to need a few minutes. Probably yes, though; sounds like fun.

"Besides, if there are two of us, there are probably at least a few more..."

"Eh, not much since the last time we talked. Figured I'd check in on old friends, visited Goku, accidentally convinced Goku that I was a precog despite my best efforts to the contrary, got invited by Bulma Briefs to be a bodyguard on a search for the Dragon Balls, learned that apparently Goku and Piccolo can cooperate if the stakes are high enough..."
Huh. The minds of the three-eyed people are apparently very good at multitasking...
"Want me to pass any messages on?"
My eyes Widen.
So, he was ...and yes, there might be more.. oh, damn. It was like in Ubes old game, inserted into existing characters by...
"ROB." I whisper, then, adjusting the volume down, i say in as firm a vouce as possible.
"Yes, Tien, wiuld you like to come to West City or should I pick you and Goku up at his home? I think I can get a helicopter or something from the company pool..."
I smile to myself.
"And co-ordination is fine. I mean, everything is better with moreDakka at sufficient velocity, huh? And I sure can try to provide that......"

As I hear this, my eyes narrow.

"Eh, not much since the last time we talked. Figured I'd check in on old friends, visited Goku, accidentally convinced Goku that I was a precog despite my best efforts to the contrary, got invited by Bulma Briefs to be a bodyguard on a search for the Dragon Balls, learned that apparently Goku and Piccolo can cooperate if the stakes are high enough..."
Huh. The minds of the three-eyed people are apparently very good at multitasking...
"Want me to pass any messages on?"

Precog? I didn't think original Goku was that gullible. Why in the name of Popo was Bulma going for the Dragon Balls? I better find out.

"Mind asking Bulma if I can come along? Telepathy is useful for these types of trips."

Precog? I didn't think original Goku was that gullible. Why in the name of Popo was Bulma going for the Dragon Balls? I better find out.

"Mind asking Bulma if I can come along? Telepathy is useful for these types of trips."

"Will do."
My eyes Widen.
So, he was ...and yes, there might be more.. oh, damn. It was like in Ubes old game, inserted into existing characters by...
"ROB." I whisper, then, adjusting the volume down, i say in as firm a vouce as possible.
"Yes, Tien, wiuld you like to come to West City or should I pick you and Goku up at his home? I think I can get a helicopter or something from the company pool..."
I smile to myself.
"And co-ordination is fine. I mean, everything is better with moreDakka at sufficient velocity, huh? And I sure can try to provide that......"
"Give me a second to ask Goku. Also, would it be okay if Chiaotzu came along? I was in contact with him for a different reason and the topic came up; he mentioned that having a pair telepathically-linked people might be helpful."

I hold my hand over the microphone.

"Hey, Goku? Bulma says she wants to see us as soon as possible. Do you want to fly there, or should I take her up on her offer of a helicopter?"
@Dovahsith

"Will do."

"Give me a second to ask Goku. Also, would it be okay if Chiaotzu came along? I was in contact with him for a different reason and the topic came up; he mentioned that having a pair telepathically-linked people might be helpful."

"Hey, Goku? Bulma says she wants to see us as soon as possible. Do you want to fly there, or should I take her up on her offer of a helicopter?"
@Dovahsith
"Hmm.. actually, I ,too, can see the advantages. Fine. No extra payment , though." I was already splurging half a million on the guys,

On the other hand, at least in Gokus case, it probably counted as 'supporting the needy' and both of them were worth it... and besides, the second half was not due until I made my wish.

Which I had to carefully think about.
Something like 'I want to be as strong a fighter as Goku' was probably going to turn me into a Saiyanjin, with all the attendant disadvantages.

On the other hand , wishing for all the physical attributes of She-hulk with the same control she had should suffice to turn me into a physical powerhouse, enable me to train up and be within Shenlongs power... or should I give a powerboost to Krillin , Chao Tzu and Tien, too? Was that possible?

Whatever, with that kind of physique, I could withstand the Chamber. Which, of course, I had to reach... or retroengeneer. It was a technical artefact, not magic....
And I am, as Washuu- chan always says A GENIUS!

Last edited:
As Tien was having his conversation elsewhere, I focused on the area around me.

If I was going to be flying around searching for Dragon Balls I needed one very important ability.

To be able to fly in the first place.

And so wrapping Ki around me and relying on my host's memories, I slowly but surely began to float.

I did it! I can fly! How awesome is-

Ow.

I'm gonna need some practice.

"Will do."

@Dovahsith
"Helicopters are slow Tien. We've gotta go fast. NIMBUS!" i shout for my sentient cloud, which answers my call for reasons beyond me.

I'm genuinely surprised when i manage to step onto it. I guess i inherited Goku's "pure" heart along with the brain of a pure idiot.

"Hey Gohan? Do you want to go on an adventure with Daddy?" i ask as a responsible parent, offering his child a chance to fight whoever is currently after the Dragon Balls. @The Fourth Monado

"Hmm.. actually, I ,too, can see the advantages. Fine. No extra payment , though." I was already splurging half a million on the guys,

On the other hand, at least in Gokus case, it probably counted as 'supporting the needy' and both of them were worth it... and besides, the second half was not due until I made my wish.

Which I had to carefully think about.
Something like 'I want to be as strong a fighter as Goku' was probably going to turn me into a Saiyanjin, with all the attendant disadvantages.

On the other hand , wishing for all the physical attributes of She-hulk with the same control she had should suffice to turn me into a physical powerhouse, enable me to train up and be within Shenlongs power... or should I give a powerboost to Krillin , Chao Tzu and Tien, too? Was that possible?

Whatever, with that kind of physique, I could withstand the Chamber. Which, of course, I had to reach... or retroengeneer. It was a technical artefact, not magic....
And I am, as Washuu- chan always says A GENIUS!

"Helicopters are slow Tien. We've gotta go fast. NIMBUS!" i shout for my sentient cloud, which answers my call for reasons beyond me.

I'm genuinely surprised when i manage to step onto it. I guess i inherited Goku's "pure" heart along with the brain of a pure idiot.

"Hey Gohan? Do you want to go on an adventure with Daddy?" i ask as a responsible parent, offering his child a chance to fight whoever is currently after the Dragon Balls. @The Fourth Monado
I nod at Goku, and say into the phone, "Okay, looks like we're going to be flying ourselves. Want to talk to Goku again?"

Then, I 'path a message to Chiaotzu. "Bulma says it's fine. We'll be meeting in West City shortly. See you there?"
@A bit Eccentric

I nod at Goku, and say into the phone, "Okay, looks like we're going to be flying ourselves. Want to talk to Goku again?"

Then, I 'path a message to Chiaotzu. "Bulma says it's fine. We'll be meeting in West City shortly. See you there?"
@A bit Eccentric
"No, just to Chi-Chi. Have to assure her that this is going fine .You fly over, I wait at the Gate, in front of the Atrium" oh boy, don't I. Bul- I and Chi-Chi are friends, actually, and I do not want to jeopardize it.
She might be a bad case of a 'Tiger Mother' as the Chinese call it, but having experienced Goku... I can understand her approach with Gohan far, far better.

So, if Tien hands her the phone I tell her that I want to borrow Goku as a bodyguard and am willing to PAY. And how much I pay. And that the first installment is already on their account-which it is.

After that chat, I start packing. Firm boots. An lightwight state of the art Ievlar-like armor. Polarized sunglasses with an integrated data display. My PAD. A handgun , gauss gun, tranq and HEAP rounds.
And electrolaser assisted submachine gun.
Several belts of Hoi-poi capsules. The Dragon radar.

And i take a backpack full of more capsules, for installment in my saddle bags. Heh. I can drive, even pilot now....

So, leaving a note for Dad and the rest...

"Gone on an Excursion, do not worry, yours BULMA"

And down to the entrance ot is... oh maaaan, that atrium is almost a zoo and a park and live Dinosaurs. I HAVE to watch them someday, but now? The guys wait, and we have to check which of my scooters I should take.

@DarkKing98

"No, just to Chi-Chi. Have to assure her that this is going fine .You fly over, I wait at the Gate, in front of the Atrium" oh boy, don't I. Bul- I and Chi-Chi are friends, actually, and I do not want to jeopardize it.
She might be a bad case of a 'Tiger Mother' as the Chinese call it, but having experienced Goku... I can understand her approach with Gohan far, far better.

So, if Tien hands her the phone I tell her that I want to borrow Goku as a bodyguard and am willing to PAY. And how much I pay. And that the first installment is already on their account-which it is.

After that chat, I start packing. Firm boots. An lightwight state of the art Ievlar-like armor. Polarized sunglasses with an integrated data display. My PAD. A handgun , gauss gun, tranq and HEAP rounds.
And electrolaser assisted submachine gun.
Several belts of Hoi-poi capsules. The Dragon radar.

And i take a backpack full of more capsules, for installment in my saddle bags. Heh. I can drive, even pilot now....

So, leaving a note for Dad and the rest...

"Gone on an Excursion, do not worry, yours BULMA"

And down to the entrance ot is... oh maaaan, that atrium is almost a zoo and a park and live Dinosaurs. I HAVE to watch them someday, but now? The guys wait, and we have to check which of my scooters I should take.

@DarkKing98
At first, Chi-chi was screaming at you but once you manage to state how much you'll pay, she cheerfully agrees to go along with it, before yelling at Goku about how she will NOT allow him to drag her baby away from his studies.

@Dovahsith

On my way. See y'all soon.

I didn't bother hiding my drawl, Tien seemed to trust my host unconditionally. And I sure as hell wasn't going to change my mannerisms because some big shot ROB dropped me here.

I'd finally gotten a hand of flying, it certainly wasn't easy, but for all the crap people give the Z Fighters when it comes to Ki they are hella skilled.

Floating over to a nearby road side, I took peak at the signs on street.

Why the hell is West City to the south!?

@CaesriusPolybius

At first, Chi-chi was screaming at you but once you manage to state how much you'll pay, she cheerfully agrees to go along with it, before yelling at Goku about how she will NOT allow him to drag her baby away from his studies.

@Dovahsith
"Buut Chi-Chi, how else is he going to meet really strong guys to fight?"

The frying pan impacting with my face answers my question. Whimpering away, i set off, on a adventure far, far from my scary wife.

On my way. See y'all soon.

I didn't bother hiding my drawl, Tien seemed to trust my host unconditionally. And I sure as hell wasn't going to change my mannerisms because some big shot ROB dropped me here.

I'd finally gotten a hand of flying, it certainly wasn't easy, but for all the crap people give the Z Fighters when it comes to Ki they are hella skilled.

Floating over to a nearby road side, I took peak at the signs on street.

Why the hell is West City to the south!?

@CaesriusPolybius
... Since when was Chiaotzu southern? DBZA's earth has an equivalent accent if I remember correctly, but...

Eh, questions for later.

I take flight towards West City.

Back