DarkKing98

Certified Village Idiot
Announcement! IC thread up! Here is the link! https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/from-sv-zeros-to-dbz-power-houses.39633/

Hello SV! As you can see, in this RP you will be inserted into the DBZverse! Specifically the Abridged version so we can have lines like "Punch me in my Perfect jawline!" and "Oooh! Did he say garlic?" If you so desire to have them. We will start off a year before Radditz supposedly comes to Earth for his brother. Yes, you can derail canon, but the players for Vegeta, Nappa, and Radditz be warned, Freezer may try to kill you.

So, that being said, here are the list of character's available to SI into!

Goku: Taken by @Dovahsith
Piccolo: Taken by @DarkKing98 (AKA Me)
Gohan: Taken by @The Fourth Monado
Tienshinhan: Taken by @CaesriusPolybius
Yamcha:
Krillin: Taken by @Zedalb
Master Roshi:
Chioutzu: Taken by @A bit Eccentric
Vegeta: Taken by @searcher8
Nappa: Taken by @chiufan95
Radditz: Taken by @Genon
Chi-Chi:
Bulma: Taken by @Sailor Midgard
Hercule Satan: Taken by @Insufficient Dakka
Frieza: Taken by @CV12Hornet
Oolong:

Note, no one needs to be Oolong, just put him there incase someone wanted to.

Edit: Only take one character please. No one has tried to take more yet, but it'd be akward conversing with yourself.

Last edited:
Hello SV! As you can see, in this RP you will be inserted into the DBZverse! Specifically the Abridged version so we can have lines like "Punch me in my Perfect jawline!" and "Oooh! Did he say garlic?" If you so desire to have them. We will start off a year before Radditz supposedly comes to Earth for his brother. Yes, you can derail canon, but the players for Vegeta, Nappa, and Radditz be warned, Freezer may try to kill you.

Goku:
Gohan:
Tienshinhan:
Yamcha:
Krillen:
Master Roshi:
Chioutzu:
Vegeta:
Nappa:
Radditz:
Chi-Chi:
Bulma:
Hercule Satan:
Frieza:
Oolong:

I want to play Goku. Be warned: I am way smarter than Abridged Goku (just like everyone in the world is), and I will make damn sure to try and play him as intelligently as possible.

Alternatively, I could play Krillin (and use the Kienzan way more often), or Chi-Chi (and recognize that sometimes, Goku needs to save the world).

In general, expect me to play any character I touch as intelligently as I can.

Still haven't decided who I really want to play yet other than Goku.

I want to play Goku. Be warned: I am way smarter than Abridged Goku (just like everyone in the world is), and I will make damn sure to try and play him as intelligently as possible.

Alternatively, I could play Krillin (and use the Kienzan way more often), or Chi-Chi (and recognize that sometimes, Goku needs to save the world).

In general, expect me to play any character I touch as intelligently as I can.

Still haven't decided who I really want to play yet other than Goku.
I made note of it being Abridged so we can just have fun. It doesn't matter if you want to play your character intelligently, all that matters is that we have fun!

Still Special Beam Canoning you through the Escouphagpous though.

As a huge Mister Satan fanboy I'd love an opportunity to play as him.
Congrats! You are THE CHAMP! Which means you can actually change Hercule from a strong for a normal human to a Ki using super fighter if you so desire! Have fun! Fuck with canon! Do whatever you want for you aren't technically suppose to show up for years.

Oolong, Hercule, Chi-Chi, and even frickin Yamcha are options, but Trunks, the objectively best Saiyan, isn't? I am disappointed. Ah well, if he isn't an option I'll go with Vegeta.

Last edited:
Oolong, Hercule, Chi-Chi, and even frickin Yamcha are options, but Trunks isn't? I am disappointed. Ah well, if he isn't an option I'll go with Vegeta.
Trunks, would become an option should we have surpassed the Namak fiasco. As would the Androids, besides 19 and 20, and Cell. Because some of these characters need to be waited on.

So if you really want him I could give the boy to you, but I doubt you'd have any fun waiting for that long.

Last edited:
Well, with Vegeta gone I think I'll go for Freeza. Just to indulge my inner Evil Overlord fantasies.

Trunks, would become an option should we have surpassed the Namak fiasco. As would the Androids, besides 19 and 20, and Cell. Because some of these characters need to be waited on.

So if you really want him I could give the boy to you, but I doubt you'd have any fun waiting for that long.
Fair enough. Vegeta it is then. Though that might be really bad for the others, since I'm planning on him being a bit more ruthlessly pragmatic in combat than your average Saiyan.

Congrats! You are THE CHAMP! Which means you can actually change Hercule from a strong for a normal human to a Ki using super fighter if you so desire! Have fun! Fuck with canon! Do whatever you want for you aren't technically suppose to show up for years.
Pfft, as if the Champ would have to rely on such parlour tricks. :V

Fair enough. Vegeta it is then. Though that might be really bad for the others, since I'm planning on him being a bit more ruthlessly pragmatic in combat than your average Saiyan.
I wonder if Trunks will be born in this Timeline. Are you willing?

@Insufficient Dakka I'll be honest here, thanks to the existence of Hit, I will easily allow you to become super powerful without the usage of Ki. But you'll need to find that by yourself.

Last edited:
On one hand, any and all Dragon Ball content is to be nurtured... on the other, one of these is relatively low fruit...

Eeeh, I'll take Gohan

Erm... Tienshinhan sounds fun?
try and get the Kaio-ken if I die on schedule, or something. Futilely, perhaps, but still.
As long as you're willing to have someone who's not quite sure what they're doing(hey, gotta start somewhere, right?).

So, basically, closer to his Namek saga self?
Something like that. Basically, the way I'm planning on playing Vegeta will have it so that he's still an egotistical, sadistic asshole, it's just that he's an egotistical, sadistic asshole who sees no issue with fighting dirty if that's what it takes to win. Essensially, he's perfectly willing to do things like nutshots or throwing dirt into his opponent's eyes, or stopping them from achieving their final form by repeatedly sucker punching them in mid-transformation each time they try to do it. He wouldn't see it as "dishonorable" since they are all tactics that the oponet would be fully able to use against him as well if they so choose. It's not his fault if they're too foolish to try every tactic available to them, right? ;)

I wonder if Trunks will be born in this Timeline. Are you willing?
I'm not going to say no, but if you don't want to go for it it's fine I'm honestly fine with either Trunks or Vegeta. They're both fun. Through if you want to include Future Trunks, we could justify him showing up sooner by having him accidentally go farther back in the time machine than he wanted?

Last edited:
On one hand, any and all Dragon Ball content is to be nurtured... on the other, one of these is relatively low fruit...

Eeeh, I'll take Gohan

Oh god. The GM of my favorite Dragon Ball roleplay of all time is playing my son in another Dragon Ball roleplay! :o

...This is going to be so. Fucking. AWKWARD.

I'm not going to say no, but if you don't want to go for it it's fine I'm honestly fine with either Trunks or Vegeta. They're both fun. Through if you want to include Future Trunks, we could justify him showing up sooner by having him accidentally go farther back in the time machine than he wanted?
>A Super Saiyan
>Saiyan Saga

pls no

Goku: Taken by @Genon
Gohan: Taken by @The Fourth Monado
Tienshinhan: Taken by @CaesriusPolybius
Yamcha:
Krillen:
Master Roshi:
Chioutzu:
Vegeta: Taken by @searcher8
Nappa:
Radditz:
Chi-Chi:
Bulma:
Hercule Satan: Taken by @Insufficient Dakka
Frieza: Taken by @CV12Hornet
Oolong:

Edit: Only take one character please. No one has tried to take more yet, but it'd be akward conversing with yourself.

You know, I'm actually conflicted between sticking with Smart!Goku or instead picking WhiteKnight!Raditz...

Erm... Tienshinhan sounds fun?
try and get the Kaio-ken if I die on schedule, or something. Futilely, perhaps, but still.
As long as you're willing to have someone who's not quite sure what they're doing(hey, gotta start somewhere, right?).
Don't worry, it's alright.
I mean that these, while fun, are... relatively conflict free

due to... the best way to describe it is lack of conflict
If need be I will CREATE conflict.
>A Super Saiyan
>Saiyan Saga

pls no
Yeah. No indeed.

Back