OP, Rules, etc.

The Out Of World

Lichte's Brain
Fατε/Grεεκ Dεναsτατιοη

The Holy Grail War! Back in the days when rock n' roll was king, this little shindig in the Far East was little more than a joke all the cool cats 'round the Clock Tower laughed at over a mug of beer when they were partying at their favorite pubs across London. But then this mean mamma jamma called Darnic shook things up with his Nazi buddies and stole the crack-a-lackin' cup of wishes from the three Founding Families and boogied on out of there, the slick son of a gun. Shit was not cash.

Darnic diggity-darn dumped the sizzlin' schematics for the groovy Grail all over the world, and now there be crazy competitions of people fightin' over Subcategory Grails - little Grails that don't even work. So now it's all about people settling old grudges and caving their skulls in for funsies so they can get some martial prestige all up in the Magus Association. One of these Subcategory Grail Wars was gonna happen in Greece way back when, but all the players killed each other off trying to get a catalyst to summoner Heracles before the contest even began! Guess what? The Grail War is back in town, ready to take Greece by storm!

Buckle up scrubs, because it's that time of the year again!

1. Standard site regulations are in effect.
  2. No God-modding.
  3. This is a war; characters are going to die or be otherwise eliminated in some capacity.
  4. If you intend to leave the RP, be sure to notify the GM beforehand and work something out regarding how you intend to have your character exit the stage. Otherwise, it'll be an absolute pain trying to make something of where you left off and trying to resolve the issue of your character in a manner that keeps the plot moving. Prolonged or unexplained absences will result in your character being relinquished to your partner or get killed off.
  5. I am the GM who will receive the PM. I am merciless and cruel. If you don't know how to send a PM, ask a friend for help so that you don't suffer my merciless cruelty.
  6. Be reasonable and polite when dealing with other players; caustic and/or condescending behavior will get you kicked from the RP.
  7. All character applications will be submitted via PM.
  8. You will be expected to exercise some basic writing skills in this RP. If the GM has trouble understanding what you're writing, you won't get in.
  9. This RP is set in the Nasuverse, and as such players are expected to have some basic understanding of the in-universe setting and mechanics prior to applying. If you honestly don't know something, check the wiki or the Type Moon General thread.
  10. Title your PM 'Fate/Greek Devastation: (Insert Username Here).'
  11. Any instance of cheating will be punished with an immediate ejection from the RP, as will causing moderator intervention. Excessively forcing the GM to intervene will do the same.

First and foremost, Heracles is banned. This restriction has been programmed into the Subcategory Grail to prevent one party from steamrolling the competition and to make sure there isn't another incident where everyone kills each other over a catalyst before the Grail War starts.

There is a hard cap of three Noble Phantasm per Servant in this war - half out of a desire to keep things from getting over-complicated, half result of innate limitations of an incomplete Subcategory Grail.

Servants whose legend belong to the Greek cultural sphere get a local summon bonus - all of their base stats are one rank higher than they would be in any other Grail War and they get additional skills or Noble Phantasms normally not available to them. This naturally comes hand in hand with increased prana drain. However, they are still subject to the three NP hard cap.

Since this is a Subcategory Grail War, the RP may start as soon as a minimum of five Servants are prepared. Additional Servants may be added since the Grail has been building up extra leyline power since the first War was skipped entirely, but the GM will start the RP with only five if there is a shortage of Master characters. The GM will be running a GMPC Master-Servant pair of their own for this RP. Servants may still be assigned to any of the seven classes regardless.

Masters can be either canon characters or original characters. Whatever floats your boat.

Servants from other fictional continuities are not allowed.

If you can't use the NP without destroying the Grail as collateral, don't bother submitting it.

Failure to properly format your character sheet will result in rejection. Play it by the books.

No, your Master can't be a Dead Apostle Ancestor. Yes, they can be something utterly zany and absurd. Go wild. They can't be a crossover character from another fictional continuity unless you can write it well enough to earn my approval. Expies are acceptable. Be aware that such entries will be heavily scrutinized and failure to pass judgement will mean you lose at the internet forever.

Status
Name:

-SPOILER TAG-

Biography
Appearance: (Written description, this is mandatory)
History: (Give a brief description of your character's legend)
Personality: (Self-explanatory)
-END SPOILER-

Magic
Element(s): These are the attributes the character can manipulate with Elemental Magecraft
Origin: (Optional, put N/A if you don't feel like specifying)

Abilities
(List of abilities, thaumaturgical or otherwise)

Status
Class:
Alias/Titles:
True Name:
Alignment:

Parameters
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Mana:
Luck:

-SPOILER TAG-

Biography
Appearance: (Written description, this is mandatory)
History: (Give a brief description of your character's legend)
Personality: (Self-explanatory)
-END SPOILER-

Class Skills
Example (Rank): Description

Saber: Magic Resistance, Riding
Lancer: Magic Resistance
Archer: Magic Resistance, Independent Action
Rider: Magic Resistance, Riding
Berserker: Mad Enhancement
Assassin: Presence Concealment
Caster: Item Construction, Territory Creation

Personal Skills
Example (Rank): Description

Noble Phantasms
Name
Fancy Subtitle
Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Unit (Self), Anti-Fortress, Anti-Army, Anti-Team, Anti-Territory, etc.
Rank: (E-A, include a "+" or "-" if your Phantasm's effective Rank can be increased/decreased under certain conditions)
Description: (Explain how this ties into the character's legend and what it does)

Last edited:
...were you drunk when you wrote the OP?

I guess it's time.

...I think I'll submit a Rider. Or an Archer.

Hmm...

Maybe he'll be good, with some nerfs...

Oh god

I have the best edgelord idea ever

But goddammit I need to do my other shit first

Might break out Ajax again, though it'd probably be a good idea to reclass him if I want to go the full bullshit route, since his coolest NP doesn't fit berserker at all.

hmm

Gonna have to change the shield NP a a bit, might just drop the duel NP, and keep the fuck Achilles NP as standard.

Back