Emperor of Zero (ZnT/Napoleon Bonaparte) Thread 2

Rewrite? I am ... I don't know how to feel. The story seems fine as it is.

On the other hand, everything could be done differently. It could become so much more than what it is now.

But on the first hand, I like what has happened with it as a fanfic. The stark contrast between the Canon Plot and this stories Plot is great.

Back to the other hand. Fanfics do not make money, and have no market value.

First hand again. "Original" stories do make money, and have marketability.

I probably could go back and forth with this all day. My vote is two fold: 1) If you plan on publishing the rewrite and making money off of it, do rewrite it; 2) If not, continue as is.

I would be perfectly happy buying a novel/novelette written in the same vein as this story. But I would much rather see this story through to the end if you aren't going to try to make money off of it. I am invested in the characters as they are. An "original" story would probably make me feel like you were just importing this story's Napoleon into an alternate universe. I have nothing against a FanFic writer trying to move on the published side of the spectrum. I just would like to see this tale complete if you don't want to make money off of it.

That said, go whichever way your Muse soars. It is better to write what you want to write then write what you think they want to read.

Back