Dragonlord/Dragonking
-----

Waking up in a field is disorienting.

Waking up with a growing...
chapter 1
Dragonlord/Dragonking
-----

Waking up in a field is disorienting.

Waking up with a growing storm clouds overhead is also disconcerting. It is especially bad if I have to wait for all my senses to clear up; from my grey, splotchy vision filling in to the gradual return of my hearing from a dull ringing. I guess that is better than being blind and deaf to the oncoming thunder and winds, even if all I can do is duck and run for cover before it starts raining. At least it does not seem like it will be a cold storm with how humid and hot the air is. That still does not do anything for how horrifyingly dangerous the sky looks with grey-black clouds and a train-like wind like before a cyclone. And all I have on is my fuzzy pants socks, and a t-shirt in a field of sharp and tugging grass.

For someone like me, with a phobia of being alone and is paranoid in the first place, the only thing keeping me from screaming is my shear terror. I shouldn't even be out here! I don't know where I am or who brought me here. It feels just like one of my realistic nightmares, where I expect something horrible to jump out and go for my face or throat with open jaws. I just keep on moving with my heart racing and eyes darting across the horizon. Having a fear of the sky, the dark, and loneliness are a shitty triple combo for one person. At least I can partially ignore the sharp breaking of grass underfoot and the rocks and bugs below with how scared I am.

Humans are not rational, at least not all the time. Half asleep and running on fear, it makes the most sense for me to just keep walking and running. All I can do is try to not feel like I am being watched from behind, trying not to turn around three times in a row to make sure I am not being followed. And yes, there is no horrible monster sneaking up to scare the hell out of me. That is good as I do not have annoyed parents who will wake up from my screaming to save me.

As I try to run through the tall, lashing grass, I am stopped by burst of heat and the smell of charred wood and ozone, falling backwards as I am overwhelmed by the bright fire. This of course is enough to make me give a rather sudden scream of terror, and to start clawing in the opposite direction when a giant, fiery woman/demon walks out of the flame with an echoing laugh as she smirks down at me. I really do not need this! I do not need a purple-lady with black horns and red-clawed limbs making her way to me like a cat off to toy with a mouse!

My struggling and increased panicking among the tangling grass and weeds disturbs many hiding grasshoppers, as if they are reinacting the plagues of Egypt as they flutter around me....

Really? Is some evil god getting their rocks off to see me struggle? Some smirking asshole I wish I could just punch and end all the shit I have been through lately?

All my struggling gets me in the end is a large, clawed hand around the back of my neck and shoulders, picking me up and turning me to face the smirking figure with smoldering red hair and ember-lit eyes, ones that light up with amusement the more I yell, kick, and claw with my nails in retaliation and terror... Fuck this shit! Yes, I am in hysterics and over reacting, but I had a horribly fucked-up week and don't care anymore.

Fuck being covered in itchy scratches and this confusing situation!
And fuck this demon-lord looking smeghead! Really!
FUCK THIS!

"LET GO! MOTHER. FUCKING. C***K Mo***R!" They just chuckle as I slap and whack at that arm and elbow, feet kicking at that chest repeatedly, the figure a full chest to head higher than me. "ARRG! ENOUGH! LETGOLETGOLETGO!" I don't care how embarrassing I look, I had enough and am more scared than angry... I can't even come up with anything coherent to yell.

"Yes..." She finally says in a surprisingly soft voice, watching as I bite at that finger she pokes me with, her reply still resonating with power... What is she made out of that she is not bruised or even phased by my resistance? You don't just pick up a panicking person and expect them to react well. Maybe I could of thought this out, but it is a fucking alien-esque being who could be the one who dragged me to this place! There is no right answer!
"I can grow something out of this. heheheh..." She give a soft smirk and chuckle as her other clawed had squeezes around my chest suddenly, making me gasp. "Such anger... and determination..." She continues. "Such debilitating fear ... yet that will to keep springing back up even at the worst of times... All I need to do is work this into something usable."

That is when that clawed hand goes from squeezing to burning through me.
--------

I am mostly posting to vent. It was written after a very bad week where I felt alone and isolated, and feel I should work on this to keep on fighting, regardless of how well it does, as I need the practice.
If any beta writers think I have something here, or anyone who wants to give me pointers, let me know. I am happy to listen and learn, even if I am slow at it sometimes. I want to get better.

Last edited:
chapter 2
l544444444444444444444
The grinning face is the only thing not blocked out by the searing flames all around me-!
04934099j0403tj04039
All I can do is writhe and scream as she squeezes into my chest-!
40934tj09j
My body is not meant to move that way-!
My nose is not meant to be that long-!
-----------
Oh...
So I am up yet again... and...
I have paws... and scales... hm...
It looks like it did rain... and I am naked...
I am laying back against a tree and it is foggy...
My neck is not meant to be this long...
I am not supposed to have horns... or digitigrade legs and a tail...
I am not supposed to be red.
Okay. okay... I do not know how to react.
Really, how can I react to something like this? Yell? Scream? Claw at myself with my now literal claws? I am not in pain, my senses came back online faster than the first time, and I am I do not see that demoness/literal dragon-lady. I think I can handle this much better...
So I have wings. They felt tingly, like when your foot falls asleep but I was on my back... But instead of being unnerved, all I can think is this:

If I was going to be a dragon, why a western-ish one? Why not a wyvern or eastern, noodly dragon with shapeshifting and a long, coily form?

Yes, I have body issues back home like most people probably do, but you know you are fucked up if, when you are turned into a dragon, you wish it to be more draconic than human. And western ones are basically humans with wings.
Of course, the answer is "Yes" when someone ask or makes you into a dragon. But could it not be something so similar to what I was before?

But anyway, I am sitting up, still getting used to having extra limbs to wake up, and glad that I do not feel the pain under these scales and watching those clawed toes wiggle as I move them. There is too much at once though... The sights and sounds, smells and sensations. The weather and my body... My is also brain playing "One Foot" by "Walk the Moon", and it is not going to stop tillI can think of another song. One foot is an awesome song and is helping me deal with this existential crisis, but it is going to get boring and worn out fast if I don't think of another one.

Yes... this is shock. Something horrific happened and I am in shock. I don't have any medical training, I don't know where I am or what happened, and I don't know what to do other than not die, if I can help that at least. There could be anything out here, possibly worse than that thing I encountered before, the experience still churning my empty stomach and twisting in my chest.
Instead of the angry and exhausted whine I usually make, this new body produces a growl and whimper.
I guess the first step is to climb this tree and plan.

What goes in my favor is that I have hunted, fished, and camped before, mostly to learn and to spend time with my family, but at least my experiences are practical. I can fish, hunt, and I am sure it would be easy to find edible plants... but that might be a bust due to how my digestive system is not human and would most likely have different tolerances... is chocolate going to be poisonous? And where is chocolate in this world? And coffee? Caffeine withdrawal is going to be horrible. I can make it through this situation regardless.

Though am I really going to have to kill something like a deer again like all those years ago?
Yes, my family was starving and my dad was laid off... but I still feel it to this day every now and again. And this thought keeps making me even more focused on what I have become, which I can't handle right now.

So I just start climbing,
and climbing...
and now I can see that yes, I have been transported from the grassy planes to a forest.
Trees...
Valley...
Pretty flowering trees.
Oh! A house.

----
Yes, I know I am not writing my best stuff, but I am going to challenge myself to keep writing either daily or every other day.

Last edited:
chapter 3
This forest is way to normal. Maybe that is a good thing, but it makes being turned into a dragon rather awkward.
Besides that THING that did this to me, I am the only other non-mundane thing I have seen so far. The trip to the house is almost too easy, and am sort of relieved to see it is super-sized, with every scale magnified at least three-fold.

It looks like a scene from feudal Japan, with the forest clearing resembling a palace courtyard, the building halfway into a cliff on the valley wall. Rooftops, towers, and walkways blend in and out of the trees and rocks, stopping a good way up, but mostly built wide. The structure blends in well, nothing jarring or out of place. The nice early-day sun and warm breeze make this place look rather inviting among all those plants and flowers.

Though I should not of called it a house, as it is more like a cave-palace in hindsight. This forest clearing is not just for beauty, but any attackers, from land or air, would be exposed to attacks from anywhere on that mountain or from in the structure. There is probably a lot of room to hole-up on the defensive or change your vantage point on the offensive, with there most likely being a few bug-out passages hidden all around.

And this sense of preparedness at least least me think this out more clearly;

1. I am a dragon, which I do not know what that entails for wherever I am.
2. this does not seem that human, even if it is not in a creepy or uncanny way (it is rather comforting to see actually).
3. It might of been built by dragons, who on earth are known to be territorial, and even more easterly-inspired dragons could have a sense of honor and dignity, and may not look kindly on trespassers either if they are high-ranking. (or just a "get-off-my lawn" time in general.)
4. Books like like Voyage of the Dawn Treader go so far as to say dragons love the taste of other dragons the best. and a long, serpentine dragon could probably go anaconda on someone unprepared like me.

... Yeah... I really should of thought this out.

I really can't reflect further or backtrack on this as a head peaks out from between two trees, staring back and making my heart skip a beat. The face is a sudden, but rather adorable one, with whiskers, a dog-lizard snout/muzzle, and a nice, gold-furred main. This is followed by a violet-red body and grape-wine colored underbelly (those are very vibrant and rich colors that leave me feeling inadequate for some reason..)
on a long, noodly form literally floating up and towards me, coiling and slithering through the sky with those four and hindpaws held up like a dog's. (this thing is long enough to swallow me whole and they are the most adorable thing I have seen up close.)

My eyes meet those purple ones, and there really wasn't time to do anything beyond blinking as this longer being lands before me, that long body spread out to either side as their head lowers to my level. I don't feel as scared as I should of been though, that sight, feeling of security, and that smell (is my nose stronger as a dragon now?) is very calming, and I find myself smiling back at the grin they give me.

"Hello..." Starts a voice as young (possibly 26?) as mine. "I am Murasaki, and you are a very curious and small dragon." He brings his coils around me and whispers more quietly. "It really is nice meeting with oyu, but this is not a good week for visitors. Especially ones my family would do more than drive off." I end up nodding absentmindedly as he talks.

"So you are going to turn around and go back to the forest?" He ask, and unable to say anything, I follow his gesturing paw to turn around and go back, that voice going rather deeply into my head. "Run along, little dragon, and we may yet meet another day."

By the time I get back to the woods and turn to look behind me, I see he has flown back home, the heads of two much larger noodly dragons peaking out of the palace and talking to Murasaki before they all go back inside.

...I have fifty questions.

The first two are:
1. Did I just get mine-raped or mind-saved by a rather nice and new acquaintance? (I am guessing the latter.) My brain is tingly.

2. Is that feeling the one you get from seeing an adorable kitten, or is that a crush on a thirty foot dragon? (the worst time to be feeling something like that is now, and I put it on being mind-whammied into leaving.)

oh... yes... I am back in the woods... and it is getting dark...

---
sorry for the wait. I need sleep now.

Last edited:
ermuhgurd, moar! I needs more dragon protagonist.

Seems good so far, i was kind of confused a bit on the second chapter, where the protagonist (name?) was describing his changes. Is he a stereotypical quadrupedal western dragon (4 legs, and wings, quadruped) or something bipedal (upright, humanoid), like a dragonkin? Settled on just assuming he's the former.

ermuhgurd, moar! I needs more dragon protagonist.

Seems good so far, i was kind of confused a bit on the second chapter, where the protagonist (name?) was describing his changes. Is he a stereotypical quadrupedal western dragon (4 legs, and wings, quadruped) or something bipedal (upright, humanoid), like a dragonkin? Settled on just assuming he's the former.
More like the former.I had thought about being a wyvern as I like those a lot.
I am not sure on a name yet as this is a semi-SI story, mainly running off of my jumbled emotions.

And thank you, I just worry this sounds like something from Deviantart or Fanfiction.net.

chapter 4
Murasaki Pov-watching the SI turn around and go back.

Murasaki watched the young, vibrantly red dragon walk back to the forest in a daze. He is a very interesting and strange-feeling interloper, one he needs to see at a time he can't be disturbed by his parents, who he needs to keep safe at this time. the eastern dragon darts back home when his parents start to peak out of the mountain complex, trying to distract them from the visitor.

As he got the entrance, two large faces looked down at him, both dragons larger than the young, purple one by three times his size. His golden-red-scaled father, Hong Xianglong, and his green-yellow-scaled mother, Ikki, tilt their heads in curiosity as they wonder, looking a little tired and slow. "Son..." start's his father, "what was that disturbance out here?" The older male goes to slither and wind his way into the open, Murasaki quickly hugging both of his parents around their chest on either side of him.

"it is fine! it was just a forest creature, nothing serious. you two need to rest." He encourages, making sure to act younger and needy so they do not turn their heads to see the red dragon leave. It helps that Murasaki really does want all the attention he can get from his parents, wanting to be reassured that they will be fine, that he can take care of them till they are healthier again.

They close the door on the way in, the entrance disguised rather well and magically sealed for safety.
The dragon outside does need help, yes, but there is nothing out there that can hurt him, while his parents need all the attending he can give them. He can feel the large heartbeats between them as his parents lift him between them, his upper half on his dad's shoulders and his long body on his mom's, feeling the long, warm heartbeats against him, hearing how stronger they are now compared to before.

He remembers from when he was a small hatchling, the first thing he felt was the warmth of these two. how he instinctively clinged to those snouts, or fall asleep against on of their chest as his younger self snuggled into the skin-like and wonderful scales. He may of been embarrassed when they talked about how his old, squeaky little voice would call for him, but that feeling has never changed even with his years of growth.

Seeing his parents so disoriented and drifting along so easily, and not in the way of the east, was enough to make him shudder and gasp when alone. So seeing them rest together like before, after he make sure each drinks the purified and healing water, he is able to make himself smile and settle between their coiled forms.

Like the last few nights, he gets to working his paws along those forms and feeling out out, working to feel what is wrong with them, correcting these strange irregularities that have built up in them. his eyes glow and all that fills his vision for most of the next twenty minuets is the magical image of what he needs to fix.

It will be fine. They will be fine. And he will be fine. There is no other option. H works on making sure this is what he goes to sleep thinking about.
---

Back to the SI dragon.

As I worry about it getting darker, starting to panic at the thought of being alone, worse than the worry about why I have not tried to say anything yet, a glowing image appears before me and makes me yelp. It is a bright, translucent image of that long dragon from before.

"I am sorry about before, but please, I need to attend to something very important, or I might of invited you in." It starts. "this is a message to let you know that you do not have to sleep outside. Just follow this image to a hidden entrance, and you can stay with the servants for now. They are expecting you as a guest, and are used to dragons of your build." I blink in surprise, still disoriented as the projection waves to make sure I am still listening.

"hey. you will get help and answers latter, but go follow this image like I said." It walks and floats along both, those front legs raised and gesturing toward it as I approach, not wanting to be alone any longer than needed, and follow along side as it points the way, right to a large pile of stones, which I would not of known looked-door like till the projection told me to knock and get down on all but my front left leg in a bow, head low but looking up as the rock opens, and a blue, semi-fishy face appears.

"Yes? you are the guest?" Says the blue, black-stripped figure. He seems more built like me, but having fins and a more well-built frame, yellow eyes turning to the hologram for instructions and confirmation. "yes, Kahurangi, this fellow is to be given rest. You and Haunani can prepare him something to eat, and then your usual check-up." The blue dragon nods, and guides me inside, that strong-looking form not leaving me any room to argue, not that I want to as I quickly follow inside, the hologram retreating into a red orb just inside the door as the entrance is closed.

Looking around as I am lead further in, the dragon who's name I am guessing is Kahurangi turns to me, in front of a softly lit fireplace, in a what looks like a common-room, with long seat cushions along the ground around a table. A white dragon looking like a koi-fish, her paws on a metal sphere with a hatch giving off steam, nods back to my current guide before the blue guy looks me over.

"hm... I have fought and fought alongside many red dragons in the past with Haunani here, but you lack the proud look of them." he states, gesturing with a paw for me to sit, which I do without complaint. "Though we will have to feed you and name you to get an answer, I can guess you are not born naturally, and will need a name before you can say anything... making me wonder if you where abandonded or a runaway creation." I blink at this strange conversation. "with how bright your scales are, I do not think you where born a mute. Created beings need to be granted simple gifts in order to be come more real and able to speak." He elaborates.

I go wide-eyed, jaws open as I breath with a mind drawing a blank when it comes to trying to talk, yelping in terror before Kahurangi grabs my paws on the table with his, pulling his face right up to mine. "young Mura. you must calm down. you will speak soon, but calm down." He speaks, voice rather hypnotic, and I am sure my desperation helps. "You just need to accept this meal, like you have accepted the young master's kindness, and will have accept this name, whether you keep it or not."

It takes maybe half a minuet, but I am finally reach a calmer state, the dragon who I assume i Haunani's paws flashing brightly before opening the pot, her tail reaching for a bowel as wonderful smelling mix of buiscuits and what smells like steak and vegitables is taken out of it three times, all of us now at the table. "now yes, this may be out of necessity to learn more about you, but you are a young dragon, who should never have to feel or look as sorry and hungry as you do now." The female dragon says, smiling softly.

oh god... my sotmach really is hungry, and I don't have any inhibitions as I eat with the other two, not realizing until halfway through that if this was poisoned, they could trick me if it was something these two dragons of a clearly different species eat this an I am fine. Though that would be silly with how far their master and them have extended their trust in showing me this hidden place.

mmmf... beef, alien beef... whatever it is, I am feeling wonderful now!

"yes!" Is what I finally end up saying, very caught up in eating. talking can wait, I must eat first.

---
if anyone wants, they can let me know if this is convoluted, as I made myself write while sleepy, as I needed to write before I slept anyway.

Back