Doctor Fate VS Chaos (Warhammer 40K)

Pronouns
He/Him/His
If Doctor Fate existed in Warhammer 40K, could he defeat Chaos? Nabu is basically a deity on his own, and I guess if someone like, say Magnus the Red got his hands on the Helm of Nabu, he'd be a sufficient Doctor Fate.

Chaos can not really be killed. They closer to a force of nature than being. Killing khorn is like trying to kill gravity. It can be defined and conquered for a time but it will all ways be there and will win in the end.

I think Dr Fate has completed annihilated the spiritual essence of similarly essential, eternal cosmic forces before though.

He's just kind of on a whole different level of bullsh*t.

Last edited:
Chaos magic in DC is definitely of the same tier if not higher then Chaos in 40k (mostly relevant in Marvel Crossovers, because Scarlet Witch gets a huge power boost in the Justice League/Avengers crossovers at the cost of her sanity due to the difference), and that's Fate's primary foe.

The main thing holding Nabu back here is that he, as a Lord of Order, would be doing 1 v 4 versus the Chaos Gods. Nabu is strong, but I don't think he could win alone, even with a powerful magical vessel like Magnus. Maybe if he joined forces with the Star Child.

Fate is the most powerful of all the lords of order and chaos, and was able to go toe-to-toe with the Spectre, right after the Spectre had killed all the other lords of chaos and order, and Fate only lost because he chose to.

Last edited:
Chaos can not really be killed. They closer to a force of nature than being. Killing khorn is like trying to kill gravity. It can be defined and conquered for a time but it will all ways be there and will win in the end.
Chaos as a whole? Sure. The four chaos gods and all their forces? Not so much. We know when and how they were each born. Their existence and therefore reach is finite, and based on demonstrated feats? They are WELL beneath the threshold of being stomped by Fate.

Fate rolls them and restores the Empyrian to its Pre-War In Heaven state, then gets back to doing real work.

Actually, chaos lore got retconned. Now the gods predate the war in heaven, and Slaanesh caused his own birth, because she exists outside of time. Also the chaos gods in all three settings are one and the same.

GW is going all in on making the chaos gods the big bads of the Warhammer multiverse.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NlczoC2g6c

Fate still wins though. Lol.

I mean, even in the "old" lore, chaos was still atemporal and multiversal. Nurgle for example had daemons that served him since before the beginning of time.

But, yeah, it's kind of moot. DC cosmology just scales way higher.

Back