Death Whistles: A Mercenary Quest

[X] The name's Bravo. Johnny Bravo.
[X] That chick over there wants you to talk to her whether she knows it or not...

You are ignoring content by this member.
Vote closed, will update in a few hours or so.
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on Jun 1, 2019 at 2:32 AM, finished with 16 posts and 12 votes.
Sweet Sorrow threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Lucky charms Total: 77
77 77

Character Creation; Update 3
There was a young lady leaning against a tree who caught your attention. Your body moved on it's own and before you knew it you were already halfway towards her.

She was a young woman, probably in her early 20s, with pale skin, raven-black hair, and glasses. You couldn't tell if she had a good figure because she was wearing a purple cloak that covered everything up. What a shame.

She briefly glanced at you before returning her attention to the book she was holding.

"What do you want?" She asked, still not looking at you.

"I was just wondering what you're reading."

"Do you really care?"

"No, not really." You admitted. "I just zoned in on a beautiful women and needed an excuse to come talk to her."

She rolled her eyes in response.

"That's nice and all but I have a boyfriend back home."

"That's good. It will give you something to do when I'm busy." You nonchalantly replied.

77 Social Roll + (20 Ladies Man Bonus) = 97 Critical Success
(Any roll, unless explicitly stated follows a scale of 45 and above being a success and 44 and lower being a failure)

She didn't say anything but she attempted to stifle a smile, obviously amused by your response.

"The name's Jim Borne."

"Braya Hawthorne."

"So Braya, what brings you here? You don't have the typical disposition of a merc."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Not too sure myself, but I've always been good at reading the energy of a person." You said. "You give off the aura of someone who's never taken a life before, which is extremely rare in this line of work."

"Wow, I mean you're not entirely wrong." She sighed. "This would be my first job working as a muscle-for-hire."

"Hmmm." You mused. "I assumed Melchior was only hiring the best of the best. I'm a little bit disappointed."

"Don't let this hurt your ego. I was only asked to come here on the strength of my magical abilities, I use a rather rare line of magic."

"Eh, makes sense I guess." You said, scratching your head. "But what would push a young lady like yourself to switch career paths into mercenary work?"

"I mean it pays well, really well." Braya answered. "I have a sick little brother at home that I have to take care of, and my parents are.... they're pretty much fucking useless. So I have to take care of him myself."

"That was a real touching story." You replied with mock enthusiasm.

"And what about you Prince Charming?" She retorted. "Don't you have any family back home that you look after?"

I mean your parents.... weren't an option so you would have to say....

[] Your overprotective older sister. A scholar back in your hometown, your sister was the helicopter parent you never wanted. Even though you were grown now she still kept monitoring you daily like you were a kid.

[] Your kid sister. Your innocent little sister knew nothing of the horrible world surrounding her. You always tried to protect her innocence above all, even if you did have to make up some pretty ridiculous explanations.

[] Your douchebag older brother. A self-righteous knight of your hometown, your brother pretty much cut off ties when you decided to become a mercenary, claiming your profession had no pride. The two of you rarely interacted when you were home and when you did those interactions usually turned into arguments.

[] Your kid brother. Your stupid kid brother was rather ignorant of the world of women. You usually spent your time with him educating his naive mind on the information you wished you learned when you were his age.

[] Your best friends, twin merchants from your hometown. They were the only ones you can say have had your back unconditionally and you considered them family. They were a pair of hustlers who were able to get anything you might need for sale whether it be legal or illegal.

A/N: Apologies for the delay, unforeseen things came up. After this there should be two more character creation-ish updates and then story can finally begin. Bear with me.
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on Jun 3, 2019 at 8:55 PM, finished with 7 posts and 7 votes.

• [X] Your overprotective older sister. A scholar back in your hometown, your sister was the helicopter parent you never wanted. Even though you were grown now she still kept monitoring you daily like you were a kid.
    [x] Your douchebag older brother. A self-righteous knight of your home kingdom, your brother pretty much cut off ties when you decided to become a mercenary, claiming your profession had no pride. The two of you rarely interacted when you were home and when you did those interactions usually turned into arguments.
    [X] Your best friends, twin merchants from your hometown. They were the only ones you can say have had your back unconditionally and you considered them family. They were a pair of hustlers who were able to get anything you might need for sale whether it be legal or illegal.
    [X] Your kid brother. Your stupid kid brother was rather ignorant of the world of women. You usually spent your time with him educating his naive mind on the information you wished you learned when you were his age.
    [X] Your douchebag older brother. A self-righteous knight of your hometown, your brother pretty much cut off ties when you decided to become a mercenary, claiming your profession had no pride. The two of you rarely interacted when you were home and when you did those interactions usually turned into arguments.
    [X] Your kid sister. Your innocent little sister knew nothing of the horrible world surrounding her. You always tried to protect her innocence above all, even if you did have to make up some pretty ridiculous explanations.

Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on Jun 4, 2019 at 2:38 AM, finished with 11 posts and 9 votes.

• [X] Your kid brother. Your stupid kid brother was rather ignorant of the world of women. You usually spent your time with him educating his naive mind on the information you wished you learned when you were his age.
    [X] Your overprotective older sister. A scholar back in your hometown, your sister was the helicopter parent you never wanted. Even though you were grown now she still kept monitoring you daily like you were a kid.
    [x] Your douchebag older brother. A self-righteous knight of your home kingdom, your brother pretty much cut off ties when you decided to become a mercenary, claiming your profession had no pride. The two of you rarely interacted when you were home and when you did those interactions usually turned into arguments.
    [X] Your best friends, twin merchants from your hometown. They were the only ones you can say have had your back unconditionally and you considered them family. They were a pair of hustlers who were able to get anything you might need for sale whether it be legal or illegal.
    [X] Your douchebag older brother. A self-righteous knight of your hometown, your brother pretty much cut off ties when you decided to become a mercenary, claiming your profession had no pride. The two of you rarely interacted when you were home and when you did those interactions usually turned into arguments.
    [X] Your kid sister. Your innocent little sister knew nothing of the horrible world surrounding her. You always tried to protect her innocence above all, even if you did have to make up some pretty ridiculous explanations.
    [X] Write-in: all of the options are members of your family.

Last edited:

[X] Your kid brother. Your stupid kid brother was rather ignorant of the world of women. You usually spent your time with him educating his naive mind on the information you wished you learned when you were his age.

[X] Your overprotective older sister. A scholar back in your hometown, your sister was the helicopter parent you never wanted. Even though you were grown now she still kept monitoring you daily like you were a kid.

Typical cliche Anime brother-sister relationship go!

Adhoc vote count started by JiggyStreet on Jun 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM, finished with 16 posts and 13 votes.

• [X] Your kid brother. Your stupid kid brother was rather ignorant of the world of women. You usually spent your time with him educating his naive mind on the information you wished you learned when you were his age.

Last edited:

You couldn't tell if she had a good figure because she was wearing a purple cloak that covered everything up. What a shame.
My man, imagination is a useful thing in situations such as these!

My Little Brother Can't Be This Oblivious!

Last edited:
Can we pick them all? They don't seem mutually exclusive of each other

Adhoc vote count started by Gigaplex on Jun 4, 2019 at 5:17 AM, finished with 12 posts and 10 votes.

Eh. I like the symmetry.

Closing the vote in an hour.
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on Jun 4, 2019 at 1:53 PM, finished with 17 posts and 13 votes.

Vote closed.

Naive little brother wins.
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on Jun 4, 2019 at 4:18 PM, finished with 18 posts and 13 votes.

Character Creation; Update 4
"I have a little brother as well." You answered. "And unfortunately because my parents... aren't around I have to personally educate him on everything."

"Is he a ladies man like you then?"

"It's too early to tell but he looks pretty hopeless right now." You sighed. "Maybe one day he might make sense of everything I'm teaching him."

Braya just laughed and shook her head.

"By the way, I was lying when I said I had a boyfriend. I just throw that out there to put off guys I'm not interested in."

"So I'm guessing you're interested now?"

(+5 Rep with Braya Hawthorne + Ladies Man Bonus = +6 Rep with Braya Hawthorne)

"How long have you been working as a mercenary?" She asked, ignoring your question.

"About 6 years now, I started when I was 16."

"Oh so you started young. What advice do you have for a beginner like me?"

"Hmmmm." You pondered as you scratched your chin. "A profession like this isn't for everyone. When you take your first life... you'll know whether you made the right decision."

"I mean that's not a whole lot to--"

DING-DONG

Your conversation was interrupted by the ringing of the castle bell. Everyone began walking back towards the entrance of the castle.

"Wait, what's going on?"

"Weren't you paying attention? At the sound of the bell we're to gather around the front of the castle for Lord Melchior's announcement." Braya stated before turning to follow to the crowd.

Let's get this over with then...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Jim Borne
Nuclear Family: Alexander Borne, Age 8.

Fill in the rest of Jim's bio. The choices in personality and hobbies/pet peeves will determine the next two traits Jim gets.

PLAN FORMAT PLEASE

[] Appearance
-[] Write in, could be a picture as well.

[] Personality in 4 words.
-[] Write in.

[] Hobbies and Pet peeves. (3 of each)
-[] Write in.

A/N: One more character creation vote after this T_T

Last edited:
-[X] Plan Charming
--[X] Appearance:

--[X] Personality: Pragmatic, Confident, Stubborn, Sarcastic
--[X] Hobbies: Gossipmongering, Shit Stirring, Tavern Crawling
--[X] Pet Peeves: People that interrupt him, Nobles acting like they're hot stuff, People who only pick on the weak
Adhoc vote count started by Gigaplex on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:53 AM, finished with 23 posts and 13 votes.

-[X] Plan Charming
    --[X] Appearance:
    --[X] Pet Peeves: People that interrupt him, Nobles acting like they're hot stuff, People who only pick on the weak

Adhoc vote count started by Gigaplex on Jun 5, 2019 at 5:53 AM, finished with 4 posts and 1 votes.

• -[X] Plan Charming
    --[X] Appearance:

Last edited:
Back