DC x Worm - Inventing in Style (Worm CYOA)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

A Worm CYOA Inspired Inventor in Young Justice.
Chapter 1: A wild superman appears.

Stormbringer117

Soulless
AN: So, I'm been playing around and reading fanfiction for about 10 years, decided it's time to try my hand. I normally plan this stuff beginning to end. But I'm going to try and wing it, make it more interesting for me to write.
This story came to me when I watching this video and thinking "I wonder what she'd do is superman knocked on the glass?" Here we go!

Build:
Inspired Inventor
Geas (aversion to magic)
Psychic nosebleed
You need worth opponents (Endbringers will become active if you act high profile.)
No meta-knowledge.

Chapter 1: A wild superman appears.

I liked gaming, it relaxed me. No complex thoughts, no world bending ideas or inventions.

Just press button X to kill the enemy y.

Most mothers hated gaming, but it's the lowest effort fun that ever been invented, even by me. And I have a non-Euclidean crystalline supercomputer stuck in my brain.

I exhaled a sigh, I'm sick of Legend of Dragoon, time to switch. I closed the emulator.

And booted up Dark Souls 3, I preferred it to Dark Souls 1 and 2. Now I'm no graphics whore, but a girl loves her some fat HD every now and again.

I double-checked the stealth drive is working as the game loaded. I've been parked next to this satellite for 3 days now, nearly out of food and I'll have to return home soon. But the lag is so bad at my house.

I exhaled a sigh again. Lag isn't the only reason I don't want to return home.

Dark souls 3 is loaded up. Hmm. NG+5 knight with great-sword or new run? I could do a deprived play-through. As I pondered my save files, I grabbed a slice of cold pizza. The lukewarm cheese filled my mouth. I do love great swords.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

I dropped my pizza and froze. My mind began to whirl. It's a hard vacuum outside, and 36,000 kilometres up. So, what the fuck is knocking on my spaceship window?

I turn to look and saw a set of startlingly blue eyes and a red cape.

Superman knocked on my window. In space.

I unfroze and grabbed a pizza box and a marker pen. A moment later I held it up.

'Supes, Go 2 rear-air lock!' He gave me a thumbs up and vanished.

I flipped a switch which opened the rear-air lock and watched via video as superman, the man of steel flew gently into my spaceship. I closed the airlock and air cycling began. I walked down to the rear of the ship.

I realised why didn't have any warning before 'sudden superman knocked', the scanner system is so potent that it detected too much, and raised the alarm over everything and anything. So I set it to ignore everything except the things I tell it to.
So, note to self kyrptoians needed to go on to the detection list like yesterday

Anyway, my first guest on my ship and it's superman.

No pressure. I toggled the airlock which opens. He stepped out.

"Superman of the Justice League. Welcome aboard the Bebop." I gestured with my full hand. "Cold pizza?"

"No, thanks." He said "I just ate. Permission to come aboard captain?" He is humouring me, better humour him back.

"Granted."

"Thank you. So, you know who I am. I didn't get your name miss."

"Edward." I know it's a boy's name, take it up with my father. Biology and naming convention be damn according to him and Edward Junior I was born.

"Edward?"

"Edward or Ed."

"Nice to meet you, Ed." We shook hands, "So that's what you are doing up here? Apart from eating spoiled pizza?"

So straight to business, then again cold, spoiled pizza isn't exactly the best bribe.

"Come to the cockpit. The view is amazing." I started to walk, he followed.

Now safely nestled in my seat with the most powerful superhero as my co-pilot. I load up my NG+5 Knight and begin smashing mobs with my great sword.
"This is what I'm doing." I stated.

"Playing video games?" He did not believe me, I can tell.

"The internet speed is god tier up here, less interference and more ping. So, you know, when a girl has gotta get her game on. Nothing will stop her, whether it be bad internet connection or the gravity well of earth." Shit, I died. Fucking gravity killed me. Damn you, From Software!

"You flew to space so you could play video games?" He said in disbelief, "Where did you get the ship?"

"You think I stole her?"

"I think that I need an answer." He thought I stole it.

"I built her." I wait for the disbelief.

"You built a spaceship." He questioned.

"I built this spaceship and everything on it." I confirmed. I managed to grab my souls and hightailed it outta there. Never, ever do a death run for your souls unless you really want to.

"It took entire nations, billions of dollars, years of hard work and expertise to get to space. And you did in what 10 years?" He tried to guess my age, it's hard to accept I'm 16 when I looked like this, but that's the price I pay for genetically re-engineering my body.

"5 years." And a lot of artificial assistance, not easy for an 11-year-old to do precision engineering with sausage fingers, shard power assistance or not.

"5 years?"

"To be fair they had to test and invent their way into space via trial and error. Not an easy handicap to overcome."

"Wow." He sounded like he believed me.

"You believe me?"

"I do. You are a very special young lady, Edward."

"So, what now?" I paused at a bonfire and put down my controller. And looked him in his baby blues, while I sipped a soda.

"Well, I came here to determine if you were a threat to earth."

"Only on my period." I was joking, of course, I engineered that flaw out of my body. Although his face gets a little wooden at that comment.

"Ha." He isn't laughing. "Anyway, you seem fine. So, keep your nose clean, don't take any more gaming trips."

"No more gaming trips." Didn't say anything about any other kind of trips.

"Alright then, where do you live."

"Earth." I'm a teenager, I get to be petulant.

He let out a sigh, "I'm going to check up on you later. I want to ensure you get home safely."

"Oh right, because this is a bad neighbourhood, a lot of crime around here." I gestured to the vast empty space visible through the window.

"You'd be surprised, we had a giant laser satellite try to melt a couple of cities the other day." He countered my strange fiction with his stranger truth.

"Why a laser? Orbital kinetic kill weapons are more effective and efficient. The resources need to make the final product would be immense." I could do it cheaper. I can see the design already. "And why try and kill a city, there are cheaper and more cost-effective ways than a giant death ray. Who built this thing a cartoon character?" I asked.

Superman was looking a little concerned.

"Too much?" I asked. I get that, super science is best shown not spoken.

"No, your nose is bleeding." What? I touched it, and my finger came away red.

"Ah, damn it. It's the air filters, plus my weak nasal tissue." No, it's my brain tissue, and it's bad, I've been working for too long. I need to get back home. "These things happen. I'll see you off and then rocket home."

We began to walk back to the airlock.

"Sure, I need to report to the League anyway." He stepped into the Bebop's airlock. "It was a pleasure meeting you Edward. We shook hands again. I heard a clink, I looked down and saw my ring in pieces.

"Shit, my ring." I grabbed the ring's pieces, damn it, I've had this a long time. It's very durable. But apparently Kryptonian trumps it, lucky I didn't lose a hand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to- "I cut him off.

"Don't worry Supes. I can build a spaceship; I can fix a ring. Take care." I pocketed the pieces. And closed the airlock, I vamoosed to the medical bay.

"MD-6, cerebral scan now!" I ordered my medical droid and jumped on to the examination table.

"Acknowledged. Beginning scan. Scan completed. Assessment: prolonged shard usage, minor neurological damage. Treatment: bacta solution IV bags, and bed rest. Orders?" It reported. 15 minutes. That's an improvement. Damn droid used to take 2 hours to do the same job a year ago.

"Spin me up some of the IV stuff, and I'll rest at home, gotta set the autopilot." The droid gave me a blue and clear armband the fed directly into my veins. Portable bacta, for the restless patient. "Cheers doc."

"Acknowledged, ensure that you get the rest you need."

"No worries, I don't have a concern in the world at the moment." And at that moment, the world decided to prove me wrong. Alarms started to go off. Red emergency lighting began to flash.

"Alert, missile lock detected, engines offline, please re-start engines to initiate evasive manoeuvres!" The Bebop's system reported.

"Shit!" I roared and began to run. Engines took 3 minutes to start up from cold. "What happened to the shields?" They are high capacity energy shields and can withstand any missile short of a nuclear one.

"Alert, Shields offline." came the reply. What!

"Why?!" I'll be space dust before I got either of those systems online. My only hope the escape pod.

"Error: Unknown interference detected." Shitballs.

I slammed myself into the pod and hit the release. Explosions come before seat belts. I rocketed out of the bebop and began to fumble with the seat belts. I hit my head against the wall as the explosion happened, I'm thrown in my pod.

And I watched as my hard work, my sole escape, my Bebop, died as the secondary explosions ravaged her.
I sat in my pod, bleeding from the head wound, bruised, exhausted, a bloody wreck.

The pod began to shake, heavily. The temperature shot up. Re-entry.

And I think, I will survive this, and I will return the favour.

Then I blacked out.

<Inventing In Style>

When I stirred to consciousness, the pod was still. Everything hurt.

I unbuckled myself, and I attempt to open the door of my pod. It doesn't move. Heat must have warped the frame.
I hit the emergency release. The explosive pins detonated launching the pod door away.

I grabbed the go-bag, from the storage locker, I briefly consider getting the rest of the supplies, but if this is a hositle zone. I need to get gone and carrying several kilograms of supplies while injured in a hostile zone, sounds like a terrible fucking idea.

I can always come back, right?

I leave the supplies and climbed out. I slumped against the edge of the pod. And looked around.

Where am I? And am I in danger?

Two simple questions with very complex answers.

I had landed in what looks like a storage room. High ceiling, wide space, filled with tools and equipment.

Not modern enough to be in the west. The middle east maybe?

I considered the fact that I'm not in a crater, the kinetic dampeners must have worked. Probably burned out from this landing. I do, do good work.

I make for door and pulled my gun from the go-bag. The PPN-8 Personal Defence Sidearm, this is a special gun because it can do silenced firing. Not real lifestyle silenced, fucking Hollywood level silenced! Took me a day to make, and I was very proud.

I cracked the door and peeked out.

There is a crowd, yup I'm most definitely in the Middle East. No westerner would be caught dead in the fashion disaster that is those robes. I ducked my head back in.

So, my crash landing was noticed. By a horde of people and most likely the authorities with a distinct dislike of white girls are probably on the way.
Yay me.

Ok, I needed to get somewhere safe, patch up my wounds and get a change of clothes. I stuck out like a sore thumb in my booty shorts and singlet. I dressed for gaming, not for crashing landing.

I spotted my opportunity and aimed for an unattended food stand's gas bottle. A quick silent bullet detonated the bottle, which distracted the crowd with the bright orange flames and a delightful boom.

I ran into the alleyway across from the warehouse. And ducked over a fence, into someone's back yard.

I checked the house; the owner is probably out. I set up in the bathroom and began to focus.

Install: Battlefield medicine mastery

The knowledge began to flow in and washed away the advanced hacking. And I knew what to do and how to do it.

I washed the blood, cleaned the wounds, bandaged them in 4 minutes. I assessed the drugs in the bathroom cabinet and ignored them in favour of my bacta armband that was still pumping me healthy.

Sorry MD-6, no bed rest just yet. I felt a tinge of sadness at the thought of my destroyed medical droid. I squished that tinge and refocused.

Ok, I'm not healthy but I would recover in time. Time to switch.

Install: Tactical espionage mastery.

I'm not a fan of personal violence, but I swallowed my discomfort, as the violent knowledge flowed in.

I walked into the bedroom and assembled a disguise. Once I was set. I walked out the front door, no one ever watched the front door.

And I stopped. To see a small army of soldiers with guns pointed directly at me. The horde of people from early nowhere to be found. How did I not notice the noise from the crowd disappeared? Oh, headwound. Der.

"Hello, Girl. Kneel with your hands on your hand and we won't kill you." A pale man in a dark hood asked in English. A leader?

I did as I was instructed to, normally I would have protested. But my Tactical espionage mastery said to do otherwise. I needed time to heal, that and a third world prisoner cell is easier to escape from than a firing squad.

The pale man gestured, and two soldiers ran over, tied my hands and frisked me. Goodbye PPN-8, goodbye snacks.

The pale man examined the PPN-8 that the soldiers delivered, and noticed that it's high tech, not hard to with an ammo counter below the rear sight.

"Where did you get this?" He asked with a smile. Probably thinking of the bonus he'd get from his superiors from this.

I shrugged. Still a teen and still petulant.
The pale man's smile turned creepy, and removed his hood, and showed a visibly enlarged cerebral cortex with a synthetic clear skull protecting it.
What the hell, does he want to tan his grey matter? Such a low-quality surgery. I don't know what was intended to happen after such a procedure. But the results are subpar. That is for certain.

"No matter. I can take the answers from your pretty little head." Telepathy. What a shit way to develop telepathy.

I felt the cold tendrils slipped into my mind, and suddenly the pale man let out a shriek and collapsed backwards.

"Wasn't me. Maybe bad gas?" I voiced to a soldier, who then raised his rifle to show the butt, and then meleed me into unconsciousness.

<Inventing In Style>

"Ahh!" I gasped as a bucket of water was thrown over me, awakening me. A man in a half uniform stood before me.

"What did you do to Psimon?" He demanded in English; it's the middle east, does anyone speak anything other than English? Am I being punk'd?

"Is he the Telepath?" They took my robes, it was hard to feel upset about that, they were itchy.

"Yes, now answer." He backhanded me. And I spat some blood from my newly bleeding lip. Dickhead.

"Fine. Telepaths remotely interface with the brain's neural electricity. To read the thoughts or whatever. "

"I said answer, girl. Not blather." He interrupted.

"I am. Most people's brains are like books. My mind is like a mechanical Non-Euclidean computer made from diamond razors. You stick anything in there and it'll get pulped. So there, he pulped himself. I didn't do shit."

"Hmm, I believe you." Most likely because you ran out of telepaths to prove me wrong with. "Why are you here? What is your mission?"

"I crashed landed, I don't even know where I am beyond the vague notion that I'm somewhere in the middle-east, which I am beginning to doubt as there doesn't seem to be anyone here that doesn't speak English."

"Lies." He hissed and slapped me. "What is your mission?"

"Don't have one? Who are you supposed to be the Anti-American Squad?"

"I ask the questions." He slapped me again. "Name?"

"Edward Jones." Lies, it's Lawson.

"Good try. But that doesn't match three of the four passports we found in your bag." What's the point in the question then?

"Where did you obtain your technology? It is Human-made! Who made it?" Shit, do I come clean? It would make me more valuable to keep alive, but more difficult long term. I could lie, but what would be believe able? I found it? Stole it?

"Hey!" He backhanded me. "Less thinking of clever lies and more answering!" Truth it is.

"I built it." I said, "Took me 5 years and a lot of resources."

"You? You're a little girl. What would you know?" He was testing me.

"You found me, in an escape pod. With a futuristic pistol and a high-tech healing band. And you are confused about how intelligent I am?"

"We caught you pretty easily for such a smart girl." He mocked.

"You found me because of the telepath, not because of your overwhelming tactical brilliance. Don't construe facts to fit your ego." This time he punched me; the chair I was tied to got knocked over with the force of the punch, I go with it.

"Think about how you address your superiors, backtalk will get you killed in future. No matter how valuable you think you are." He opened the cell door and parted with "Maybe you'll be more cooperative when Queen Bee visits. I understand she is not happy with her pet freak's death; with luck, she'll take it out of your hide." He slammed the door and locked it.

I think he isn't happy he lost control, he probably isn't used to it.

I began to take stock of my injuries. My nose is broken, and my head wound has reopened. My head felt very clear, the bacta band must have finished, prior to its removal. The injection point is bandaged, they must have ripped it out, and I began to bleed heavily before they got their answers. Can't have the prisoners die inconveniently.

I felt out my cuffs, I'm just cuffed behind my back to a metal chair. Kinda lax, but I won't complain.

I'm in a concrete room, which is likely a remote prison. Can't have the dissidents near the population, the government needed them away from them so they can't fade back into the crowd. I can hear running water which is likely a river.

I can possibly escape now. This Queen Bee is likely the local dictator, sorry forced democratic leader. This meant the base will likely be in a rush to get ready to receive her. Women have generally had high standards of cleanliness, and dictators aren't known for being forgiving.

Woman don't usually become long term dictators unless they have an extreme advantage on their side. So, superpowers are very likely.

And suddenly I don't want to meet the superpowered dictator.

Time to escape.

AN: So, Chapter 1 done, what did you think? I'm looking for Betas to review my work, I'd really like to get better at writing. So, if you are interested please speak up.
See you next time space cowboy.

Last edited:
I like the premise, buuut

You need worth opponents

couldn't find this in the CYOA, what is it?

I've been parked next to this satellite for 3 days now, nearly out of food and I'll have to return home soon. But the lag is so bad at my house.
I lol'd.

"Sure, I need to report to the League anyway." He stepped into the Bebop's airlock. "It was a pleasure meeting you Edward. We shook hands again. I heard a clink, I looked down and saw my ring in pieces.

"Shit, my ring." I grabbed the ring's pieces, damn it, I've had this a long time. It's very durable. But apparently Kryptonian trumps it, lucky I didn't lose a hand.

Ok this one is just confusing, Superman isn't a robot so he has a normal sense of touch and pressure, and he spends five days a week as a reporter handling fragile office supplies and shaking married people's hands. Him inadvertently breaking a ring with a handshake makes no sense whatsoever.

"Alert, missile lock detected, engines offline, please re-start engines to initiate evasive manoeuvres!" The Bebop's system reported.

"Shit!" I roared and began to run. Engines took 3 minutes to start up from cold. I'll be space dust by that point. My only hope the escape pod.

Inspired Inventor on DC Earth, but the spaceship has no defensive measures at all? My suspension of disbelief is suffering here. Maybe a forcefield that's either overwhelmed by too many missiles or that she took down for Superman and that takes some time to build back up?

Also, the lack of equipment in the escape pod makes no sense. Hell, a mundane lifeboat contains more survival goodies than her spaceship escape pod apparently does.

In general her lack of preparedness strains SoD. Detecting superman first when he knocks on her cockpit? what about sensors to detect incoming asteroids or whatever?

Congrats on being the first commenter.

Anyway, I basically picked and chose what I wanted from the various CYOAs,
You need worth Opponents, Endbringers will become active if you act high profile.
I'll update that.

Thanks for the lol, I tried hard to make this a fun read.

You are very correct, it is exceptionally odd that superman broke the ring. And there is an exceptionally odd plot reason that is happening. No, bullshit. There is a reason that happened. So mum's the word, capisce?

The ship force field, I'll have to fix that. Thanks for calling it out.

The escape pod's provisions, I'll make that a little clearer. Basically, they are there, but she needs to vamoose, so she doesn't grab them beyond her go-bag.

Detecting superman, I'll make that clearer as well. Basically, the sensors look for many things, people shaped meat is not one of them. It's the same reason no one ever finds the spaceman hanging out on the hull, no one is looking for the spaceman out there. The same thing happened in 'The Empire strikes back' with Han parking on the star destroyer and in the 'Firefly' episode 'Bushwhacked', where Simon and River hide outside the ship from the alliance.

Thanks for commenting.

Last edited:
Congrats on being the first commenter.

Anyway, I basically picked and chose what I wanted from the various CYOAs,
You need worth Opponents, Endbringers will become active if you act high profile.
I'll update that.

Thanks for the lol, I tried hard to make this a fun read.

You are very correct, it is exceptionally odd that superman broke the ring. And there is an exceptionally odd plot reason that is happening. No, bullshit. There is a reason that happened. So mum's the word, capisce?

The ship force field, I'll have to fix that. Thanks for calling it out.

The escape pod's provisions, I'll make that a little clearer. Basically, they are there, but she needs to vamoose, so she doesn't grab them beyond her go-bag.

Detecting superman, I'll make that clearer as well. Basically, the sensors look for many things, people shaped meat is not one of them. It's the same reason no one ever finds the spaceman hanging out on the hull, no one is looking for the spaceman out there. The same thing happened in 'The Empire strikes back' with Han parking on the star destroyer and in the 'Firefly' episode 'Bushwhacked', where Simon and River hide outside the ship from the alliance.

Thanks for commenting.

You're welcome, and kudos for how receptive you're being. I look forward to future updates.

Just to be clear she makes tinkertech right? As in non-reproducible by others? Because from what I remember Inventors Description mentions building impossible things out of scrap, which implies that its Worm-style physics hacked tinkertech. Though maybe she can make tinkertech that makes tinkertech.

Also did you restrict Inspired inventor in any way? Because with the original description she should be able to make pretty much anything by now. Tinker 12+ or more in 100's of categories, possibly Tinker 15 or Tinker 100+ in a category. The worm 1 cyoa says that you can make anything over time though not sure what your using as a reference.

If you want an idea of how to restrict Inspired Inventor then maybe Gaining high level charges or making high level tinkertech drains psychic nosebleed faster. + Its even faster because she hasn't been getting into conflict.

Also does 'No-meta knowledge' Mean just DC? or DC and worm? Does she know the Cyoa she filled out?

Finally seems a bit weird that superman considers her building her own spaceship particularly noteworthy, What DC universe is this suppose to be that a satellite-level spaceship is high tier? Is this some weird AU where there are basically no DC inventors and batman has no gadgets/doesn't exist? Would make more sense for superman to be checking that shes on the up and up and not doing anything villainous. Alternatively it could not be superman but someone pretending to be superman by some means to disable her defenses, and she hasn't really thought it through yet.

Otherwise seems like a decent start to a story.

Last edited:
Coupla things that bothered me........Superman doesn't have any authority to tell anyone anything, super tech that isn't bio locked? This point bothered me all through the Superman vs Batman fiasco. Super ALIEN tech and Lex was just able to use it.

Looking forward to more if we get past the beating, reading even slight torture kinda turns me off.

Becomes master of espionage tactics. Walks right into ambush without looking through a window.

Also, Superman saying no more gaming trips is weird. Is it illegal to build and privately use spaceships? Not to mention that several versions of Superman do the same thing, though it could be argued that he got permission from the government or something.

Last edited:
Becomes master of espionage tactics. Walks right into ambush without looking through a window.

Also, Superman saying no more gaming trips is weird. Is it illegal to build and privately use spaceships? Not to mention that several versions of Superman do the same thing, though it could be argued that he got permission from the government or something.
It's plausible. Having the knowledge and using it are two different things. But I'm also not 100% sure how Inspired Inventor works, so maybe you're correct and they shouldn't have been caught. As for Superman, maybe he was just too stunned by the sillyness of it and didn't know how to react.

Personally, I thought the entire thing was pretty fun. I like MCs that don't take themselves too seriously, and this one seems like they fit that bill. Also absolutely loving how the author is actually using the world. 99% of YJ stories start in that goddamn Cadmus facility, it's so stale I immediately exit those fics these days. I hope this trend of not following canon around continues. I'm glad I clicked this, defo can't wait to read more.

Build:
Inspired Inventor
Geas (aversion to magic)
Psychic nosebleed
You need worth opponents (Endbringers will become active if you act high profile.)
No meta-knowledge.
Honestly, the Psychic Nosebleed is what breaks my suspension of disbelief the most. Why the fuck would anyone take that?

I'm guessing you took something like Skitter Mode, 8 point World Breaker power, and then drawbacks to afford it but if your inspiration was that image / video then I can see much easier ways to do it while limiting her growth without taking nosebleed. One option is to insert closer to story start. With only a month or two prep time while avoiding attention, and not actually wanting to spend all her time working might explain a basic spaceship without much sensors, defenses or weapons, a single weapon, and the tech needed to play her games.

Anyways the idea has potential, I can totally see it being fun to read about a super-genius who just wants to relax and can't be high profile constantly have to rebuff recruitment attempts / arguments about doing more. but this one just fell flat to me.

Superman isn't a cop. He's sure not in charge of who is and isn't allowed in space. He's also not the type to assume from the outset that someone is a threat just because they're sitting in a space station playing video games. If he was concerned, he could watch and listen to everything that happens in it from miles away without even approaching.

Not to mention, between Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor and Ted Kord and Will Magnus and T.O. Morrow, et cetera, this isn't really a noteworthy accomplishment.

Yeah, anything she makes is black-boxed unless she intentionally makes it otherwise.

I'm of the opinion that OP power wank Stories are fun for a time and then get boring quick.
So I tried to balance the story accordingly.
I didn't want to do an info dump in the first chapter. So power Specs will be coming, just as soon as I finish writing the chapter.

No meta-knowledge means no meta-knowledge of any kind. DC, Worm, Marvel, CYOAs etc.

The CYOA for me is more like a guide than actual rules.

A satellite-level spaceship is high level in comparison to most children. You don't measure to the outliers, you measure to the baseline, ya dig?

Thanks for commenting.

Sorry to hear that, I understand it won't be everybody's cup of tea. I'm a bit of a graphic thinker, so temper your expectations that it might get a little bloody.

Thanks for commenting.

Headwounds are a kicker, but yeah, she couldn't have an escaped it anyway. Psimon had a lock on her, before pulped his mind anyway.
She also has her 'Psychic nosebleed' whamming her thinking process at that moment.
She's a healing girl, give her a minute. :)

Superman doesn't have the legal authority to tell her to do shit, space is international waters, so to speak.
He is relying on moral authority as an adult and world-renowned hero, to tell her that it is dangerous to go into space. So don't do that shit.

Thanks for commenting.

I'll do an in-story explanation for the story reasons. But this is me basically balancing her out.
The CYOA is more guidelines than actual rules, so I didn't dig to match the CYOA. I chose what I could work in my story.
There isn't going to a ROB or CYOA choice analysis scene, I prefer to show rather than tell.

Thanks for commenting.

No meta-knowledge means no meta-knowledge of any kind. DC, Worm, Marvel, CYOAs etc.
This also turns me off the story. I can totally see the benefit to losing DC and Worm knowledge, and even knowledge of any DC or Worm CYOAs or having done the CYOA for this, but a blanket wipe of all settings? Fiction plays a pretty major role in shaping our generation and erasing it all would have a pretty huge impact. Admittedly, it seems she might have been reincarnated instead of self inserted or transmigrated so she'd have local fiction but it's still not the same since it'd have helped her adjust on entry.

I'll do an in-story explanation for the story reasons. But this is me basically balancing her out.
Meh, there were plenty of ways to balance her out without requiring such a ridiculous drawback. It seems you've made it a specialty slot instead of power charges which makes sense for Skitter Mode. But a limit on how long she can hold a single specialty at a time, with a cooldown before retaking it, and maybe a limit on number of specialties per day would limit her in a similar fashion to nosebleeds without being ridiculously stupid pick in my opinion.

Still it's your story and you'll do what you want. Maybe there's a future event you're planning for that makes it useful or whatever.

This ain't bad. Only real complaint I have is that the transitions from superman visit to attack to crash to captivity seem slightly rushed, mainly cause there's not too much indication of how much time passes between from the prose. Other than that, enjoying it quite a bit.

You are ignoring content by this member.
all I can say is the first part is awesome but the later part is boring as hell really? 5yrs is enough for the MC to build a highly advance Starship that can tank an super nova. Frankly even without knowledge of DC or Worm she lived there for years the MC should know how dangerous the world is by now alien invasion, cosmic accidents like asteroids hell super-villains takeovers. That knowledge should be enough for him to build his Starship with a lot of redundancy and defensive armaments if he has aversion for offensive weapons. All I can see in the later part of the chapter is author induced idiocy

Seems kind of contrived. Because superman would have noticed the spaceship he just left being attacked. He should have lasered the missle right out of the sky. Hell he could do it before anyone could blink . Dude is fast.

You are ignoring content by this member.
Seems kind of contrived. Because superman would have noticed the spaceship he just left being attacked. He should have lasered the missle right out of the sky. Hell he could do it before anyone could blink . Dude is fast.
Yeah I agree that he would most likely to notice the missile even the most nerfed version of Superman he should still notice way before it hit the MC's Starship

This seems interesting, though I don't get why Superman didn't help out when her spaceship was crashing. Or what the point of the superman scene was.

While its understandable not wanting her to be overly op, i would like to bring up two points namely
1- DC is already plenty op even at the street tier so honestly even at full power there are many ways to keep the story interesting (could even have her take on a more oracle like role) without so many (stupid and irritating) drawbacks.
2- If you honestly believe that you can't write a power set without breaking the setting or pace then just use a different power, cause it's frankly less frustrating to come expecting to read about her as an Squealer expy (for lack of better example) than it is to come in expecting Tony Stark and getting Squealer.

All in all like the idea but you may need to rethink things a bit or make it clear from the start how you plan to write the power.

I think my only problem here is that you wrote one chapter that should have been 2. "Chapters" on forums tend to be discrete scenes or parts of a scene, so having 2 scenes combined makes it difficult for people to disconnect the two. If you had a Superman meeting chapter, and then a chapter where she's getting ready to go back to earth and then she gets attacked, I think that would make more sense to readers minds.

Aside from that, I completely love whenever somebody uses the CYOA format to make something new, even if that means making stuff up and breaking the rules of the format. It's meant to be an inspiration, not a recipe.

Back