Code Geass: A Blind Let's Watch by MiracleGrow

When Lelouch screws up he does so epically
And considering C.C. uses his credit card more than he does, she'll play some major parts

Is it just gonna, skip over how the fuck this even happened? Lelouch sure managed to make this all happen awfully quick. I beginning to understand why people call this a popcorn series. I'm not going to give a long winded rant and why it shouldn't have jumped this quickly forward. This entire scene just fucking baffles me but whatever, I can roll with it I guess.

I think the implication is that he used his mech to find out where the train was. Then used that information to ingratiate himself with the Rebels

It also shows multiple scenes where the helicopters get shot down by those weird fork tether bound launcher things. I admit I was trying to keep myself to rattling on about military stuff. But man, I wish more shows realized just how fucking scary combat helicopters are. Being on the other end of a Apache providing CAS is basically one of the scariest thing you could face in the entire planet. Those turrets of theirs can can put a high explosive shell down your throat from a mile away while hauling ass.
Unfortunately we're in a mecha series and conventional forces usually the first things to get completely obliterated to show how powerful these new weapons of war are. Luckily the Knightmares in Code Geass are a bit more manageable in size so they're not completely useless, just don't get your hopes up too much.
Which of course is driven by Kururugi. He then goes on to absolutely decimate Lelouch forces by using crazy athletics, force fields that block bullets, and other things. But what confuses me here is that why the fuck does he not even comment on how the Britannians are fucking gunning down civilians left and right? Like he would absolutely have to know right? Or does he just not give a shit? But anyways, he kicks the rebels ass and then spots how Lelouch.
We'll get to issues like that later on, don't worry.

And by extension some of the problems Suzaku has in general........

I think the implication is that he used his mech to find out where the train was. Then used that information to ingratiate himself with the Rebels
IIRC ...
Doesn't he explicitly say at some point, possibly in a later episode, that he's been using the Britannian IFFs to keep track of things? It might be a later event I'm thinking of, though; Jeremiah might be involved?

Basically this. IIRC since Lelouch was in a Brittanian mech he had access to thier secure channels and knew exactly how many forces they had and where.

That still doesn't answer why they had a supply train going through the rebellious zone, rather than stop on the edge of their encirclement :V

Suzaku puts up a chase but is distracted by a falling lady with her baby which he then goes and saves. Which Lelouch than quickly ejects from his mech while distracted. The lady looks up to Suzaku and then screams and runs away. He just looks confused by this. I think he should understand why that fucking happened. I refuse to believe that he does not realize they are gunning down civilians. Him not knowing would just be bullshit.

He wasn't exactly of a status to be informed on the matter, and tbh by the time he got in they weren't killing civilians because they were all dead in the areas he was going through. He legitimately may not have known and just thought all the harm to civilians was done by 'there is an active war zone where they're living and Britannians are not exactly discriminate with firepower'.

That still doesn't answer why they had a supply train going through the rebellious zone, rather than stop on the edge of their encirclement :V

I mean, it's automated, there was clearly no crew, and they presumably didn't consider it enough of an issue to endanger opsec by calling the rail authority to make it stop or divert. I mean, unless there was a knightmare literally on the tracks as it passed, it would've just gone through without issue, they wouldn't catch up unless they were able to stop it immediately. Without Lelouch's interference, the risk of the train getting intercepted was near enough to zero - the one knightmare the rebels had would've had to be on the tracks and in front of it at the exact moment the train went through.

I mean, it's automated, there was clearly no crew, and they presumably didn't consider it enough of an issue to endanger opsec by calling the rail authority to make it stop or divert. I mean, unless there was a knightmare literally on the tracks as it passed, it would've just gone through without issue, they wouldn't catch up unless they were able to stop it immediately. Without Lelouch's interference, the risk of the train getting intercepted was near enough to zero - the one knightmare the rebels had would've had to be on the tracks and in front of it at the exact moment the train went through.
Plus no part of this seems planned by Clovis. He's 'cleansing' an entire area in order to cover up C2, and probably didn't inform the soldiers why. I would really not be surprised if some other things slipped through as well.

Clovis being an idiot seem like a good explanation :V

I'm not even sure it's pure idiocy; Clovis isn't acting intelligently to be sure, but it's largely an ad hoc reactionary operation that Clovis likely wants as few people above him to know about as possible. Like, when you have this sort of operation things are often not going to exactly be a well-oiled machine.

Okay let me voice my thoughts on this. I really like it when series establish details beforehand that will later come back in play in a major way. My main issue with the train isn't the probability of that happening. I'm annoyed is that it wasn't very quickly introduced or explained why. It would have taken ten seconds at most to introduce the fact with the train. You could literally have it moving in the background and have Lelouch like smile at it or something. BAM it got setup and is established.

Onto my annoyance about other stuff getting swatted away so quickly. I'm not one of those people who will jerk themselves off into a coma prattling on about realism in combat and asymmetric warfare stuff. But my view is that heavily involving asymmetric warfare into a mech series lets you have more 'tools' when it comes to writing battles. That asymmetric nature lets you have much more dynamic combat and if well done will not starve all the mechs of attention.

Like in Battletech quite a lot about it is centered on the mechs. And I can still have big ol stompy robots duke it out. But guess what in this fight, there is ten LRM carriers sitting behind a hill and a Flea is giving them firing coordinates. Just how will the protagonists get out of this one using their mechs? The inclusion of tanks and aircraft are tools you can use to do something interesting.

Code Geass is not very strong in the way the plot follows and it's especially not good in maintaining preservation of the inevitability layer, but if you can look past some of the ridiculous things the plot pulls and the conveniences for the sake of the story (which honestly aren't that bad in my opinion because at the very least it doesn't commit the cardinal sin of making other characters stupid so the smart characters can seem smarter) you can see the real strength of Code Geass, which lays in its themeing and characterization. Code Geass is not so much a mecha anime but an excellent character drama about the nature of the world, truth, and deception... with mechs in it. It's like the opposite of the type of media that most of SV's amateur forum writers like- one where setting is frankly barebones and there's almost no worldbuilding involved beyond what is necessary for the story (or at least I pretend there isn't so I can forget that Renyya is a real thing that ties into CG's backstory) but there's an incredibly strong focus on themes and characters.

Zero Reqium is still one of the best resolutions in anime for a reason and that's all I'll say on the matter (here at least).

From what I understand this was not necessarily a good anime. But an extremely enjoyable one all the same.

Oh boy, you're in for a ride! I would say that statement of yours sums up Code Geass rather nicely.
Which doesn't seem that surprising cause what the map is tell me is that Britannia controls all of North America and South America. Which admittedly, a metric assload of land. Like how did that even happen? Why the hell are bad British look a likes controlling America? I hope those questions at least get answered.

I don't think we get a definitive answer on that.

The Fandom just assumes the American Revolution failed and the English nobility fled across the Atlantic because Napoleon invaded England instead of Russia.

I think the creators might have shrugged and said 'why not' at some point.

He then DOES THE FUCKING SPIN KICK THING AGAIN.
OH GOD THIS REALLY IS GOING TO BE A FUCKING TREND.

Yeah, Spinzaku is totally a thing that keeps happening.

Though I'm surprised C.C. hasn't shown up yet. For being a poster girl she seems rather vacant.

She got shot, not even main characters can just walk that off. I think she should be recovered and spouting exposition by episode 3 or 4.

Like in Battletech quite a lot about it is centered on the mechs. And I can still have big ol stompy robots duke it out. But guess what in this fight, there is ten LRM carriers sitting behind a hill and a Flea is giving them firing coordinates. Just how will the protagonists get out of this one using their mechs? The inclusion of tanks and aircraft are tools you can use to do something interesting.

Britannia is hyper focused of Knightmares because it lets the nobility pretend to be medieval knights on horseback again. Completely ignoring how important pesent longbows were during the Hundred Years' War of course!

No idea why the rest of the world is focused on knightmares though.
[/Spoier]

Last edited:
Oh boy, you're in for a ride! I would say that statement of yours sums up Code Geass rather nicely.

I don't think we get a definitive answer on that.

The Fandom just assumes the American Revolution failed and the English nobility fled across the Atlantic because Napoleon invaded England instead of Russia.

I think the creators might have shrugged and said 'why not' at some point.

Yeah, Spinzaku is totally a thing that keeps happening.

She got shot, not even main characters can just walk that off. I think she should be recovered and spouting exposition by episode 3 or 4.

Britannia is hyper focused of Knightmares because it lets the nobility pretend to be medieval knights on horseback again. Completely ignoring how important pesent longbows were during the Hundred Years' War of course!

No idea why the rest of the world is focused on knightmares though.
Do you not understand what Blind Let's Watch means?

I'm with chriswriter90 on this one. There was nothing worth spoilering in my opinion.

Ok, the whole thing is under a spoiler tag now even though I don't understand what I could have possibly spoiled.

No plot details or nothing.
I'm with chriswriter90 on this one. There was nothing worth spoilering in my opinion.
In what world is this not a spoiler?

You're grossly overreacting. He didn't reveal anything crucial.
What you think is or isn't crucial doesn't matter.

What I think is or isn't crucial doesn't matter.

What matters is whether or not the reactor has seen the episode or event being discussed. If they haven't, it goes in spoiler tags, no exceptions. That's what blind let's watch means

Code Geass is not very strong in the way the plot follows and it's especially not good in maintaining preservation of the inevitability layer, but if you can look past some of the ridiculous things the plot pulls and the conveniences for the sake of the story (which honestly aren't that bad in my opinion because at the very least it doesn't commit the cardinal sin of making other characters stupid so the smart characters can seem smarter) you can see the real strength of Code Geass, which lays in its themeing and characterization. Code Geass is not so much a mecha anime but an excellent character drama about the nature of the world, truth, and deception... with mechs in it. It's like the opposite of the type of media that most of SV's amateur forum writers like- one where setting is frankly barebones and there's almost no worldbuilding involved beyond what is necessary for the story (or at least I pretend there isn't so I can forget that Renyya is a real thing that ties into CG's backstory) but there's an incredibly strong focus on themes and characters.

Zero Reqium is still one of the best resolutions in anime for a reason and that's all I'll say on the matter (here at least).
Posts like this are fine. I'm happy to know that mechs are more of a backdrop to the setting. But I'm starting to get that since I'm currently actually on episode 5.

I'm mostly worried about story spoilers by the way.

Back