Created
Status
Dropped
Watchers
Recent readers

For reasons unbeknownst to you, a mysterious patron has given you a Gamer system which could propel you to unthinkable heights, given time - but even this may prove inferior against the full weight of the Ruinous threat you and your world face.
I
You are dreaming, yet not alone.

Nothing lies before you except for the inky void of absence. No sound reaches your ears, if it could be said that one could have ears in such an alien space. Memories of your waking life are distant at best, almost as if your identity is undefined or in flux. You realize you have been called to perform some great deed, but remain unaware of what it entails.

A thousand scenes flash before you. A shadowy sect of hooded figures huddle around a ritual circle, plotting their next moves. A gang of once noble warriors frenzied by fury and bloodlust slaughter their enemies with an unspeakable rage. Lithe beings hold luxurious festivities and indulge in immense pleasures for no end but pleasure itself. Horrid men carrying all manner of malaise dance in the plague-infested streets at the coming of their great savior.

Out of all these sights and sounds speaks a voice. It is the voice of an ancient thing, grown weary over the vast eons of its eternal life. It speaks with the boom of a world-shattering earthquake and the force of ten thousand volcanos. It speaks to you, and only you, and it speaks of a bargain:

"They go by many names. The Dark Ones. The Immaterium. The Ruinous Powers. Chaos. Their eldritch dominion spans innumerable worlds. They corrupt all who oppose them, swallowing entire constellations into their vast maws with each passing second. Many have tried to vanquish them, and all who have tried have failed. Except, perhaps, for one."

"You alone have the potential to bring these cruel deities and their infernal legions to heel - potential that I have given you in my final act of desperation. I do not know whether you will succeed in this insurmountable task, but my faith in your indomitable spirit is more than enough to give me hope in my last hour."

"I want you to think long and hard about who you are, and who you want to be. It is important for you to never lose sight of your true identity in the face of such perversive beasts."

The blur of sounds and images begins to dissipate, before coalescing into several vague shapes. Not quite bodies, not quite heads, not even faces, but four identities present themselves, each one clamoring for your allegiance.

"Choose. For the sake of all that is good."

[] Race:

-[] Human

Despite being much younger and less experienced than any other race of the Forces of Order, humanity is by far the most influential and powerful race in the waning years of the modern World. There is Sigmar's glorious Empire of Man, of course, but one mustn't the existence of other states such as valorous Bretonnia, Grand Cathay or the gold-loving Tileans. Diversity rules among the states and peoples of Man, and you will have plenty of freedom in choosing which culture you hold your allegiance to... but then you will be locked in for life. What say you, kin?

-[] Elf

The Asur were there when the polar gates tore themselves open, standing valiant against the Chaos Gods ever since. The Asrai have lived in communion with the spirits of Athel Loren for time immemorial. They are the most powerful and most wise of the many races of Mallus, and if you happen to encounter them as a different race, they will never let you forget it. Why don't you join the real heroes, and fight with the true vanguard of this forsaken world?

-[] Dwarf

From deep within the Worlds' Edge Mountains, the Dawi work in diligence as they have for thousands of years. While not as powerful and vain as the Elves, the Dwarfs are masters at smithing and craftsmanship, their rune-enchanted weapons and formidable cannons earning them a reputation on par with their pointy-eared rivals. It is said anyone who betrays a Dwarf shall earn the eternal ire of the whole race, who will seek unceasing vengeance upon - and what greater traitor to the people of Mallus is there than the Chaos Gods themselves?

-[] Halfling

Standing in the shadows of all other races, halflings are often derided by those who believe they are incapable of original ideas. Perhaps it is not that they are thieves or parasites, but it was simply because they were never given the opportunity to push forward and innovate. Will you be the one to put them at the forefront?

- - -

"Remember this: no matter how much you dedicate yourself to a particular practice, there is always the opportunity to learn one more skill."

[] Class:

-[] Bard

-[] Fighter

-[] Mage

-[] Thief

[] Name (write-in)

- - -

Oh boy, another quest. I haven't decided much for the system itself, although it will be loosely based on the generic D20 ruleset. Don't have much else to say. Hope you enjoy.

Change of Plans
only the same way water is inherently tied to fish , the chaos gods are not the be all and end all of the warp , their are other gods and other powers , the winds of magic/warp are just the waters they all swim in

Well, shoot. If had known that, then I would've just kept going with the original system. Are all the other pantheons (Old World, Dwarfen, Elven, and so on) connected to the Warp, too, or it just left ambiguous? It's a shame I missed out on all these possibilities.

Wait a minute... as a matter of fact, it's not too late for me to change my mind, now is it?

From now on, the quest will use only the WHFB RP system. It would be a lot less hassle and confusion on both our parts.

Last edited:
Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Addemup on Aug 6, 2023 at 12:45 PM, finished with 37 posts and 26 votes.

End of quest
Hey, I guess I should have said this earlier but this quest is over. I had no idea what I was doing when I went into this, and besides there was already something else I was working on beforehand. I don't consider myself to be knowledgeable enough with the WHFB RPG system to run a quest with it, and besides also don't think I'd be very good with adapting to the twists and turns that come with running a quest in general.

I'm not too sure which forum I use to request a thread lock from the mods, so I suppose that this message will suffice for the time being.

Back