Benevolence and Profiteering (Worm CYOA 1 Endbringer SI) + (Mysterious Shopkeeper CYOA)

Lung's gonna have a bad night it seems, similar to the migraines Piggot, the PRT, and Cauldron are collectively having with all the mysterious happenings going on and Velocity's report.

In any case good work dear author, those 10k words passed by real quick with how enjoyable a read it was. Can't wait to see more of it.

I hope that Taylor works in the Midnight Zone at some point. It would be a great way to earn money and also get a hold on the many exotic bugs.

@KarenFromFinance
So just wondering did the Business Lady factor in that Taylor ESCALATE and give a partner with possible non lethal attacks.
Also just a thought would lucid paralysis in high doses cause something like sleep paralysis?

Also without the signals in the shop can Dragon go in?
And a funny thought does the Birdcage have a door too?

Edit: also thank you for the chapter and my condolences

Last edited:
Thank YOU for taking the time to read the latest chapter!

Taylor is a sweet cinnamon roll that now was a Hellwasp. I will provide cyoa links, Build info, and image references after I rest so stay tuned!

As for Velocity, I always enjoyed fics that highlighted rare characters. In turn, I enjoyed writing him in. I'm glad you enjoyed his little spotlight.
No problem! :)

I will stay tuned! Would Taylor be even more of a cinnamon roll if she received another type of floofy insect creature? Hmmm, rhetorical question go brrr.

Would be interesting to see more rare characters having their own spotlight, like maybe Myrrdin or Circus. Cannot remember if I've ever seen Circus have a character development/spotlight in works of fiction.

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to Morpheus' realm.

@KarenFromFinance
Wonder if the magic shop gonna divided in 3 or 4 stores?
A curio shop/fetish and artifacts curse and otherwise shop
A Hammy Stage magic shop/ thief tools and outfits shop
A Hippy or new age shop/ potions, reagents and raw materials shop
A Use bookstore/tomes, scrolls and grimoires shop

Great chapter. Lots of fun to read.

I'm sure Piggot will react to an otherworldly dimensional mega-store in her city that takes the essence of Parahumans and dials it up to 11 in a calm and rational manner. Should be a good time.

I'm stuck between Armsmaster distrusting the Zone with a mulish and perhaps jealous streak or scanning an item and subsequently sprinting to it as his shard starts frothing at the mouth.

Was I being mastered? By her Boobs?
I don't think I would be wrong in saying that All Boobs have a Master Rating.
I had everything ready. Costume, check. Pepper spray, check. Baton, check. Swarm, check. Giant demon wasp, check.

"I hope you're watching Mom. I'm gonna be a hero." I whisper this into the night as Rose begins to vibrate her wings. A sizzling illusion covered us as we became an invisible mirage. Only the sound of my running steps and Rose's beating wings could be discerned as we sneaked our way into ABB territory.
Just what Worm needed.
A Skitter with a Fire/Ice/Bullet proof magical demon wasp with Illusion powers, a bite on par with Bolt Cutters and paralyzing/exploding stings.
EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVEEEEERSE!

Last edited:
I'd enjoy the story more if it was told from Taylor's perspective instead of the OCs. A prison of glass was great for this reason.

CYOA Build + Mysterious Shopkeeper Imgur Link
Here is the Build and the link to the Mysterious Shopkeeper CYOA. I hope this was informative!

First CYOA: Worm CYOA 1

Entry: Endbringer
Difficulty: Worldbreaker (+12 Points)
Powers: N/A
Companions: The Renegades(-1 Points, -1 Point Endbringer Penatly)
Perks: Blank, Shattered Limiter, First Impressions, Additional Cores, Unbound Form (-5 Points)
(-5 Points to remove Myterious Shopkeeper CYOA Complications)

Second CYOA: Mysterious Shopkeeper CYOA

Size: Large Market (+6 Exterior Perks, +1 Theme, +6 Interior Perks, +12 Inventory Area, +8 Knick Knacks, Complications Negated)
Theme: Eldritch, Mystical, Technical, Whimsical (-4 Theme)
Exterior Perks: Multiple Storefronts, Shifting Switch, Random Advertisements, Supplier Contacts x3 (+3 Theme)
Interior Perks: Assistants, Multiple Storefronts, Ever-Present Awareness, Shop Rules x2, Workshop
Inventory Areas: Furniture, Home Goods, Books, Food, Games & Entertainment, Clothing, Weapons, Music & Shows, Crafts, Pets & Animal Care, Garden, Medicine
Knick-Knacks: Candy x2(Comfort Mallows, Custom: Power Beans), Drinks x3 (Booster Cola, Rejuvi, Neutral-Aqua), Magazines (Trends of Tomorrow), Novelty Items(Local Crafts), Gift Cards

Mysterious Shopkeeper CYOA:

Visual References Part 1
NOTE: Please DM me if you want to see the Body Reference for the SI as I cannot post it on Sufficient Velocity.

The L'Incomparable Diamond Necklace

The Cartier Diamond Bracelet

The Empress Eugenie Diamond and Pearl Earrings

@KarenFromFinance
Hmmmm just curious this say you got additional core right so does that mean one is on the avatar the other is in the shop?

Wonder something is the shop always changing or do the shoppers just pops in on different areas of the shop

And finally will she copy one scene from Xxxholic Yuuko?

Lung's gonna have a bad night it seems, similar to the migraines Piggot, the PRT, and Cauldron are collectively having with all the mysterious happenings going on and Velocity's report.

In any case good work dear author, those 10k words passed by real quick with how enjoyable a read it was. Can't wait to see more of it.

I'm going to be honest. I have no idea why the chapter sizes keep increasing. I just keep writing until I'm satisfied.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far. Thank you for reading.

Also, Lung, Piggot, the PRT, and Cauldron are all going to have a very interesting time.

I hope that Taylor works in the Midnight Zone at some point. It would be a great way to earn money and also get a hold on the many exotic bugs.

Indeed, there are a lot of interesting insects in The Midnight Zone. I have plans for Taylor so stay tuned! <3

@KarenFromFinance
So just wondering did the Business Lady factor in that Taylor ESCALATE and give a partner with possible non lethal attacks.
Also just a thought would lucid paralysis in high doses cause something like sleep paralysis?

Also without the signals in the shop can Dragon go in?
And a funny thought does the Birdcage have a door too?

Edit: also thank you for the chapter and my condolences

Yes the SI knew what they were doing when they sold the Hellwasp. If sleep paralysis was excruciatingly painful, then yes highdoses would have a similar effect. Unless explicitly allowed by the SI, Dragon is incapable of entering The Midnight Zone. The Birdcage may or may not have a door. Thank you for reading and the condolences.

No problem! :)

I will stay tuned! Would Taylor be even more of a cinnamon roll if she received another type of floofy insect creature? Hmmm, rhetorical question go brrr.

Would be interesting to see more rare characters having their own spotlight, like maybe Myrrdin or Circus. Cannot remember if I've ever seen Circus have a character development/spotlight in works of fiction.

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to Morpheus' realm.

More creatures will soon arrive. We'll see where it goes. Rare characters will most definitely have a spotlight soon. All in good time. I hope you have a wonderful day as well.

@KarenFromFinance
Wonder if the magic shop gonna divided in 3 or 4 stores?
A curio shop/fetish and artifacts curse and otherwise shop
A Hammy Stage magic shop/ thief tools and outfits shop
A Hippy or new age shop/ potions, reagents and raw materials shop
A Use bookstore/tomes, scrolls and grimoires shop

Oh, each of the 17 buildings and stands has its own magical inventory. Magic is one of the 4 themes I chose in the Mysterious Shopkeeper CYOA.

Great chapter. Lots of fun to read.

I'm sure Piggot will react to an otherworldly dimensional mega-store in her city that takes the essence of Parahumans and dials it up to 11 in a calm and rational manner. Should be a good time.

I'm stuck between Armsmaster distrusting the Zone with a mulish and perhaps jealous streak or scanning an item and subsequently sprinting to it as his shard starts frothing at the mouth.

Thank you for the praise. Piggot and Armsmaster will appear very soon! I hope to do justice with people's expectations. :D

I don't think I would be wrong in saying that All Boobs have a Master Rating.

Just what Worm needed.
A Skitter with a Fire/Ice/Bullet proof magical demon wasp with Illusion powers, a bite on par with Bolt Cutters and paralyzing/exploding stings.
EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVEEEEERSE!

The booba is dangerous indeed. Also, Skitter with a magical demon wasp will certainly cause some much needed chaos!

I'd enjoy the story more if it was told from Taylor's perspective instead of the OCs. A prison of glass was great for this reason.

I prefer a balance of both. A Prison of Glass was an excellent fic, though I'm trying my best to assert my own style. Thank you for reading!

You hear that? That's Piggot screaming in the background.

Also Coil's PTSD getting triggered through multiple timelines.

So basically, Lady Dimitrescu.

Yes. Though the MC is taller, has longer hair, and a different face, for copyright reasons. XD

Yes, basically her. It was quite obvious from the start, but you may have missed it :)

Also many thanks @KarenFromFinance for the reference links. It is helpful. Have a wonderful day :)

Some folks may have missed the physical description after getting lost in my exposition. I'm glad I could help! Have a nice day my Dear!

No, just making sure. Keep up the great work!

No, just making sure. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the love and encouragement! :D <3

@KarenFromFinance
Hmmmm just curious this say you got additional core right so does that mean one is on the avatar the other is in the shop?

Wonder something is the shop always changing or do the shoppers just pops in on different areas of the shop

Yes, one is in the shop.

With my current build, there are three entrances. The current locations are Stockholm Sweden, Asunción Paraguay, and Brockton Bay. I admit that I'm tempted to recreate certain scenes, we'll have to see till then! <3 Stay tuned! :D

The Birdcage may or may not have a door.
Uh oh... Wonder what will happen. To be fair, they are not able to do a whole lot as their powers do not work in the store. Not going to lie, Glaistig Uanie would probably want to talk to another reagent, who actually has a castle.

Also, you quoted clonezero twice in the reply above.

The current locations are Stockholm Sweden
That's nice. It is quite rare to see something Swedish, either from Sweden or in Sweden, included in these types of fictions.

I'm quite confused what you mean. Could you, or someone in the know, explain this to me?

Ha! I'm so excited to see where this goes. This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to see when putting together that CYOA.

And I'll admit, I've been thinking on ways to improve the complications, as several people have noted how they are tedious and/or prohibitive.

Wonder what's Oni Lee's original personality was before his shard ebbed it away slowly?
To be honest, it is hard to imagine, but I would like to say that his personality was similar to what it is in Constellations.

Was he always a veteran or is it what AU changed?
I'm pretty sure that is canon as on the wiki it says;

Robin enlisted into the military due to the promise of a way to learn languages (Russian and Chinese) and hoped to travel during/after the fact. Instead, he got stuck in the rank and file with no follow-through and longer terms than he expected.

He eventually triggered after being "caught in a bad situation in a bad place and a bad mental state."

Back